Complaint Review: Rodale

• Submitted: Mon, January 07, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: William — Durham North Carolina United States of America
33 E. Minor Street Emmaus, Pennsylvania United States of America

Rodale Rodale Books sends unwanted books and then demands time/money Emmaus, Pennsylvania

My sister gave me a gift subscription of Men's Health Magazine. That was very nice of her. However, I soon received a cookbook in the mail, with instructions that I had 21 days to look at it, and then I had to either pay or return the book. It's a good thing I called their customer service. They had me signed up for all sorts of things that my sister never signed me up for, and that I never heard of. The customer service person, named "Candy", told me that I had to return the book, or they would demand payment. (I did not want the book, and I think I would be legally within my rights to throw the thing away, but it wouldn't be worth the fight.) In the end, they stole my time (in talking with them, mailing the book back), but not so much money, since they sent me a postage-paid return label. I only had to pay for the box and the gas. Still, yucky experience...I will absolutely encourage my sister NOT to continue the Men's Health subscription.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rodale/Emmaus-Pennsylvania-18098/Rodale-Rodale-Books-sends-unwanted-books-and-then-demands-timemoney-Emmaus-Pennsylvania-992607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rodale