Complaint Review: Roger Brown , AAA RV Rental

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:Arlington Virginia
Roger Brown , AAA RV Rental
Boonsboro, West Virginia U.S.A.

Roger Brown ,AAA RV Rental BAIT & SWITCH, LIED THEN STOLE SECURITY DEPOSIT Boonsboro West Virginia

The state prosecutor should go after Roger Brown. He is a scam artist, liar, cheat and a thief - plain ugly. I read James' and Adam's report and description of their run in with Roger Brown, and it was so familiar that I felt compelled to write this. Their story is very similar to mine when I rented an RV from Roger Brown about three years ago (my first time).

The contract was for an A Class RV to be delivered and picked up in Leesburg which we agreed to since we live in Northern Virginia. My sister and her fiancee went to pick up the RV. At the very last minute, he changed the location to Boonsboro after 5PM, and then only a C class RV (but that was not revealed until they arrived). Having made plans and being all set to go early next morning, they called and we decided that we had no choice but to take the RV - he assured my sister that everything was clean and ready to go. We found out later that the sewage tanks were full (we later emptied it ourselves). We had agreed to a return delivery in Leesburg, but he said that unless we delivered it back to Boonsboro, that we would forfeit our security deposit.

So we returned the RV to Boonsboro where we were instructed to simply lock the RV and leave it at the designated address. Roger Brown never returned the security deposit. Moreover, we paid for an A class and received a smoke infused, dirty and un-maintained RV. I sent letters and made many phone calls. During one phone conversation, Roger Brown stated that his bookkeeper had already sent the security deposit check ($1000), so I asked him to send a fax to confirm - he never did. I was not as diligent as James in sending certified letters, but I did send many faxes and made many phone calls, always leaving message. Do not deal with this man. I simply decided that $1000 was not worth pursuing this man and further wasting my time (which I believe he is counting on), but I have never forgotten the ordeal and nastiness, sliminess, crookedness, and underhanded cheat of a man that Roger Brown was with me and my family. I even thought of hiring a web developer to create a website to warn people of this monster of a human being, and I am glad that I found this site.

If Roger Brown wishes to rebut these charges, I would encourage him to do so, since I have kept all of the papers from this ordeal to remind myself that there are very evil, dark and ugly parasites like Roger Brown who prey on the goodwill and sincerity of decent people and create a tremendous amount of needless waste in their pursuit of bait & switching while stealing security deposits. He will always use "you didn't clean out the sewage" or some other excuse to cheat you out of your security deposit - regardless of whether you did or did not (you get the RV from Roger Brown with a full sewage tank, anyway). This is Roger Brown's mode of operation. It is not a legitimate business - it is a total scam and ripoff.

To the others who submitted their report, I feel bad that you had to experience and endure this monster of a man as I did - I share your thoughts and opinions. Eugene, Northern Virginia.

Ripped off by roger brown
Arlington, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2008 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roger-Brown-AAA-RV-Rental/Boonsboro-West-Virginia/Roger-Brown-AAA-RV-Rental-BAIT-SWITCH-LIED-THEN-STOLE-SECURITY-DEPOSIT-Boonsboro-West-352305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roger Brown , AAA RV Rental