Complaint Review: Roger Carter Racing

• Submitted: Wed, January 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By: M.S. — New York, New York United States of America
Roger Carter Racing

Roger Carter Racing Extended $11,500 to Carter 2 Racing for race car rental and never received any seat time. Internet

On August 7th, 2011 I gave Roger Carter a starter check to rent one of his race cars for a National Racing Series. In addition to that my sponsor also provided Carter with another $10,000 USD. The total monies extended to Roger Carter was $11,500 from both me and our sponsor.

I ran the race at Madison, Wisconsin on August 26th and only completed 4 laps. I was made aware by an official that my tires were "very old" scuffs and that they were only good enough to cover my Eight practice laps and Two qualifying laps. Roger Carter had promised me that I would run a majority of the race that night. While I sat in the infiled, Carter finished the race in 16th place. He kept telling me that "I had the better race car that night".

I was slated to run Two other races with Roger Carter and he never followed through with that either. I was notified by Carter 3 weeks prior to the Toledo race that he had sent my entry in to the race series. After Three weeks went by, I noticed that I didn't see my name on the official entry list. When I contacted Roger Carter, he kept avoiding my phonecalls. He then told me that the series probably screwed up my entry and that he would look into it. When I called the race series they never received any entry for me from Roger Carter...

Four days prior to the Toledo race I was contacted by another race team to drive their race car at Toledo Speedway. I agreed and my name was added to the entry list the very next day! Carter then informed me that he was putting another driver in my seat and that he was sorry to see me drive for someone else. Carter pocketed the $11,500 and an additional $20,000 from a childrens charity as well. When we all started to talk together about Carter, it added up that he was a scam artist.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 11:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roger-Carter-Racing/internet/Roger-Carter-Racing-Extended-11500-to-Carter-2-Racing-for-race-car-rental-and-never-rec-818188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roger Carter Racing