Complaint Review: Rogers Communications

• Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: Ron — North Bay Ontario Canada
Rogers Communications
1500 Fisher Street Unit 155 North Bay, Ontario United States of America

Rogers Communications Sold me a bad cell phone number then refused to allow me to cancel my account North Bay, Ontario

I purchased a sim card and phone number for my cell phone from Rogers on January 25th 2013. When I got it home I immediately started receiving calls on it from out of town including calls from a collection agency. When I checked the phone number on google it came up as a business that was still advertising the phone number on it's webpage as a contact number. Clearly the phone number was not satisfactory. I explained this to the service reps at Rogers where I purchased the sim card. She said they could issue a new phone number but it would cost me $20. At that point I said I wanted to cancel the service. She said that they couldn't do that and I would need to contact customer service. Unfortunately we left on poor terms. If she only had not added "have a nice day" sarcastically I would not have said something rude to her. I then attempted to contact "customer service" however they have an automated service and my phone did not allow me to enter a number choice.

I have a pay as you go service with Rogers and paid them $45.19 for the first month. I just want my money back. I own my phone. What surprised me was the total lack of service that Rogers provided. As soon as they had my money the service stopped. If I treated my customers like this I wouldn't have any. My advice to anyone who is considering Rogers for cellular service is to pick another carrier. Rogers spends millions of dollars advertising and then when it comes to customer service when something goes wrong good luck because you won't be happy. I have spoken with my friends and they all have horror stories dealing with these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rogers-Communications/North-Bay-Ontario-/Rogers-Communications-Sold-me-a-bad-cell-phone-number-then-refused-to-allow-me-to-cancel-1007458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rogers Communications