Complaint Review: Rogers Rod and Custom

• Updated: Tue, June 22, 2010

• Reported By: Skinny — Austin Texas United States of America
Rogers Rod and Custom
5318 Hwy 1 So. Jonesboro, Arkansas United States of America

Rogers Rod and Custom Roger Cope Flathead Ford motor RIPOFF!! Jonesboro, Arkansas

I recently purchased a 1953 Ford flathead rebuilt motor from Roger Cope at Roger's Rod and Custom shop in Jonesboro, Arkansas. The agreed upon price was $6,800.00. He told me once my cashiers check cleared the bank he would send me the motor. He neglected to tell me he was shipping freight collect.

I asked Roger to put sides and a top on the crate so no one would or could see what was inside and could not steal any parts off of the motor. He agreed to do this. When the check cleared he did send the motor but only put clear shrink wrap around the motor.

The motor was sent Tuesday from Jonesboro and arrived in the Central Frieght terminal on Wednesday evening. From there the motor came up missing. (Stolen)

I called Roger and let him know it was missing and stated that I hoped he had insured the motor as it was missing. He stated to me "I sold it to you and it's not my problem"

I asked for my money back and let him know he should be doing the claim with Central Freight as he was the person who chose them, also he was the person who signed all of the documents with Central Freight. He told me he already had an attorney and that this was not his problem it was mine.

I spent $6,800.00 on something from his shop that I never received and I feel that he owes me my money without me having to sue him for it. Clearly this was not shipped as I had asked and had it been covered no one would have seen it and stolen it. I never recieved what I paid for so he owes me a refund and ownes the problem of trying to file the claim with Central Frieght.

Please, no one do business with this man as he has no regard for his customers!

Dennis "Skinny" White

Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2010 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rogers-Rod-and-Custom/Jonesboro-Arkansas-72404/Rogers-Rod-and-Custom-Roger-Cope-Flathead-Ford-motor-RIPOFF-Jonesboro-Arkansas-616127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rogers Rod and Custom