Complaint Review: Roith Enterprises / Union Resource Guide

• Updated: Mon, September 17, 2012

• Reported By: Gotya — Saint Paul Minnesota United States of America
Roith Enterprises / Union Resource Guide
2975, Lone Oak Circle, Eagan MN Eagan, Minnesota United States of America

Roith Enterprises / Union Resource Guide Union Resource Guide / unionresourceguide.com Why does this company want their salesmen to hide the real location of their offices??????? Eagan, Minnesota

This company sells advertising space in a small book (9x6) as a directory or "The Union Resource Guide" for the trade unions mainly in the Minnesota state area. Apparently, the publication was distributed to the members of the unions in dedicated area's and community's. However I was unsure about the real number of books distributed as I was instructed to tell customers who may have asked, that 3000 books were distributed in the area.  Regardless of what area and the union membership numbers. In short, I could not and cannot verify the number of books circulated as I have seen no printers invoice, a printers statement or any documentation or evidence to support this claim.

I was instructed to block the phone number of the office from which I was selling from using #67* for each sale call made.  I was instructed not to get into detail with prospective clients. I was also required to fax a documents which gave a different address to the one I was working from  also blocking the fax number with #67*. [continued below]....
..... There was also a different phone number for return calls applicable for each area I contacted be it Duluth, the Twin Cities, St. Cloud or where ever, which when called rang through to the office I was based in.

I worked with this company for a short time based on the promise of a decent wage and commission for sales secured. The problem I had is as follows. I was generating sales but was not advised at the interview that commissions were based only on what payment the company received during a weekly cycle. I felt I was "misled" at the interview as I was told that commission was payable on sales in excess of $750.00 at the rate of 35%. For example, I might generate $1500.00 in sales, but would not be paid commission unless they got paid that amount in that week. In effect, I had no control over when they might be paid for any advertisement and thus would rarely be paid commission on that basis. I was paid just $9.00 per hour which is barely above a subsistence wage owing to the fact that I was only permitted to work a 29 hour week.

On parting with the company, I asked to be paid the outstanding commission for sales secured and was refused payment. I can only state that anyone I had dealt with on behalf of this company note that I can not accept responsibility for any sales whatsoever. As they say, let the buyer be aware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2012 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roith-Enterprises-Union-Resource-Guide/Eagan-Minnesota-55121/Roith-Enterprises-Union-Resource-Guide-Union-Resource-Guide-unionresourceguidecom-Why-942490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roith Enterprises / Union Resource Guide