Complaint Review: Roland Choe

• Updated: Sun, August 26, 2012

• Reported By: Dean — Portland Oregon Canada
Roland Choe
117 17th St W 206. North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Roland Choe Disorganized, petty, and never finished the work promised. North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

*Consumer Comment: Must be a Mistake

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: It's all a mistake

*Consumer Comment: This report sounds confused

Roland seems like a decent person at first, and perhaps he is, when not conducting business with him. Simply put, he overrates/over values his abilities, changes his stories frequently, gets worked up like a little kid over disputes, and has always made very threatening statements if you try to pressure him to follow through on original promises.

I heard that he has a new career flying cameras in helicopters from colleagues of mine in the film industry, but already I've heard complaints of amateur behavior and a shoddy final product. This is my experience with him; he just overshoots, and the worst part of it is, he lack the mettle to admit when he was wrong or can't finish something.

Frankly, he is just a bad business person, and doesn't realize his limits, and you'll end up paying for sub-par work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 09:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roland-Choe/North-Vancouver-British-Columbia-V7M1V5/Roland-Choe-Disorganized-petty-and-never-finished-the-work-promised-North-Vancouver-B-922290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roland Choe

Must be a Mistake

AUTHOR: Andrew - (Canada)

I have worked with Roland in Vancouver Canada on numerous jobs where he has provided my company with location sound mixing services and rc helicopter piloting. I have had nothing but positive experiences dealing with Roland even in stress full situations and times of turmoil. He is quick on his feet smart and well schooled in his trades. I never knew him to be a DJ and when this report was brought to my attention, something did not add up. Clearly the original poster from portland has the wrong guy.

Messing with a persons reputation who you clearly have never even met before is just plain wrong. I would caution anyone who reads this report, it smells like a lot of BS!

Andrew

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

It's all a mistake

AUTHOR: Dean - (United States of America)

My apologies. I searched for the DJ in haste, and it seems I've implicated the wrong guy. This transpired at a party in Vancouver *Washington*, not Vancouver Canada. I found a history on the internet regarding Roland and thought the work advertise was the same guy who performed poorly. To make things worse, I inquired about him with people in the industry because of who I know, and took their challenges with the film out of context. Apparently he's quite the pilot and producer.  I was seeing red at the time, and emotionally put this up. I can't find a way to remove the post, otherwise I would. I can't seem to log on under my original account for the time being for some reason. Once, I get it sorted I will take this down quickly. Sorry.

This report sounds confused

AUTHOR: Minces Words - (United States of America)

This is clearly a mistake. The Roland Choe you mentioned with that address, has never been a DJ. I have used his services for years and this sounds like a completely different person. He is a stand up guy, and I am lucky to have him as a friend. Are you sure it was someone from Vancouver? Since you are in Oregon, is it safe to say that you meant to implicate someone in the USA?

This is a dangerous service. You're risking someones reputation here. Please clarify.