Romex Travel 3379 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, Georgia United States of America
Romex Travel Centennial Travel Snakes in the Grass Atlanta, Georgia
I am a middle school teacher in Dumfries, Va. I purchased a vacation from Centennial Travel aka Romex Travel on Dec.31, 2012. I told the agent Wayne that I would be traveling on May 17th to Las Vegas. The gentleman Wayne ext 114 explained to me that I would receive my package in the mail in about 2 weeks and that May 17th is fine. When I receive the package I then will call and pay an additional $69 per person. This indeed happened.... then it went downhill from there.
1) When I called the Travel Center and paid my $69 per person they informed me that I would be receiving an email from them.Once I sign and fax or mail back the form then I would receive my vouchers certified mail.
2) It took so long to get the email that I had to email and call the Travel Center twice. (Crystal-Supervisor) After a nasty email and a call back to Centennial Travel aka Romax Travel I finally received my email.
3) I signed and faxed the paperwork the same day and called to see if it was received. It was and then I was told that my certified letter would be mailed off on Feb.14. I asked "Is this the last step to receiving my vacation" The agent said yes! She told me that my vouchers would be in the package and the number to call to make my reservation.
4) I received the package on Feb.19. I was planning to call the agent right then to book my trip and hope that 2 days would not matter. But when I opened the package there was no voucher just a "Romantic Getaway" for $99 per person.
5) I called the Travel Center and Romax Travel and they both told me that the $99 was the taxes and hotel fees. I said no one said anything about taxes and hotel fees and there is nothing in my paperwork says anything about more fees. She said I'm sorry no one told you but that's what it is. So that's what you have to pay.
6) On the form that I received from the Travel Center was a business called "Grand Incentives" so I called. The agent explained to me that that $99per person was a processing fee and not taxes and hotel fees. She said it would be another 2 months before I would receive the paperwork for taxes and hotel fees. So before I payed them I should contact the Travel Center and Romax Travel. My Certificate Code is TRG99PFO810 she said the PF stands for Processing Fee.
7) So I called Customer Service at Centennial Travel aka Romex Travel and the Travel Center. They both told me that the $99 was for taxes and fees. When I told both agents that is not hotel taxes and fees and I was told it was a processing fee they began to argue with me So I told both agents that I want my money back. $450.00 from Romex Travel and $276.00 from the Travel Center. I am a middle school teacher and I do not have any extra money to give away to these big fraudulent companies. I was able to speak to and correspond via email with Ed Roberts at Centennial Travel. He said that he cannot refund my money unless the Travel Center refunds my money. Ed Roberts from Romex informed me that if I do not receive a refund from the Travel Center that I will not receive an refund from him.
8) After constant calling from me, Cristie Pelham(grand Incentives, and Channel 9 News I finally received a refund minus $25 per preson.
9) I sent Ed Roberts of Romex Travel a copy of the check and paper work from the Travel Center with proof of my refund but he hung up the phone on me. I have asked several times for my refund via email and telephone but I still have not received a refund nor a response.
Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Romex Travel