- Report: #1044714
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Romex Travel
Romex Travel3379 Peachtree Rd Atlanta, Georgia United States of America
Romex Travel Centennial Travel Snakes in the Grass Atlanta, Georgia
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) When I called the Travel Center and paid my $69 per person they informed me that I would be receiving an email from them.Once I sign and fax or mail back the form then I would receive my vouchers certified mail.
2) It took so long to get the email that I had to email and call the Travel Center twice. (Crystal-Supervisor) After a nasty email and a call back to Centennial Travel aka Romax Travel I finally received my email.
3) I signed and faxed the paperwork the same day and called to see if it was received. It was and then I was told that my certified letter would be mailed off on Feb.14. I asked "Is this the last step to receiving my vacation" The agent said yes! She told me that my vouchers would be in the package and the number to call to make my reservation.
4) I received the package on Feb.19. I was planning to call the agent right then to book my trip and hope that 2 days would not matter. But when I opened the package there was no voucher just a "Romantic Getaway" for $99 per person.
5) I called the Travel Center and Romax Travel and they both told me that the $99 was the taxes and hotel fees. I said no one said anything about taxes and hotel fees and there is nothing in my paperwork says anything about more fees. She said I'm sorry no one told you but that's what it is. So that's what you have to pay.
6) On the form that I received from the Travel Center was a business called "Grand Incentives" so I called. The agent explained to me that that $99per person was a processing fee and not taxes and hotel fees. She said it would be another 2 months before I would receive the paperwork for taxes and hotel fees. So before I payed them I should contact the Travel Center and Romax Travel. My Certificate Code is TRG99PFO810 she said the PF stands for Processing Fee.
7) So I called Customer Service at Centennial Travel aka Romex Travel and the Travel Center. They both told me that the $99 was for taxes and fees. When I told both agents that is not hotel taxes and fees and I was told it was a processing fee they began to argue with me So I told both agents that I want my money back. $450.00 from Romex Travel and $276.00 from the Travel Center. I am a middle school teacher and I do not have any extra money to give away to these big fraudulent companies. I was able to speak to and correspond via email with Ed Roberts at Centennial Travel. He said that he cannot refund my money unless the Travel Center refunds my money. Ed Roberts from Romex informed me that if I do not receive a refund from the Travel Center that I will not receive an refund from him.
8) After constant calling from me, Cristie Pelham(grand Incentives, and Channel 9 News I finally received a refund minus $25 per preson.
9) I sent Ed Roberts of Romex Travel a copy of the check and paper work from the Travel Center with proof of my refund but he hung up the phone on me. I have asked several times for my refund via email and telephone but I still have not received a refund nor a response.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Romex-Travel/Atlanta-Georgia-30326/Romex-Travel-Centennial-Travel-Snakes-in-the-Grass-Atlanta-Georgia-1044714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.