Complaint Review: Romex Travel

• Updated: Thu, October 10, 2013

• Reported By: Tina — Frederick Maryland
Romex Travel
internet, Select State/Province USA

Romex Travel Romex Travel and the Travel Center - Partners in Crime! internet Maryland

I received a fax in January - advertising a "too good to be true" mini vacation.  I was skeptical, but was intrigued by the price and needed a "getaway".  I called the number and spoke to Bonnie.  She was very nice and knowledgeable.  I told Bonnie I was interested in traveling to San Diego to walk in the Susan G. Kome 3-Day for the Cure.  Having done the walk before, I knew that I would be sleeping in a tent on Friday and Saturday nights.  So I asked Bonnie if I could split the 2 hotel nights offered in the mini vacation, sleeping Thursday night in a hotel before the walk and using Sunday night for my second night.  She said there would be no problem - given the reason for the request.  I told her I would think about it and might call back.  The next day , I called back and spoke to Bonnie again and agreed to purchase the vacation package.  I was asked to pay by check over the phone.  The cost for me and a companion was $300.00.   A couple of days later, I received an envelope in the mail with more detailed information about how to make the travel plans.  This package came from a local travel company called "The Travel Center" - less than 30 minutes from my home.  I felt better about dealing with a local organization.

So it's October now, I am ready to make final travel arrangements - and I cannot get a live person on the phone.  The Travel Center will not accept messages, and the Romex Travel organization will not return messages!  I am frustratedand disappointed, but most of all angry at myself for getting suckered into this bogus offer!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2013 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Romex-Travel/internet-Select-StateProvince/Romex-Travel-Romex-Travel-and-the-Travel-Center-Partners-in-Crime-internet-Maryland-1091050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Romex Travel