Complaint Review: Romex Travel

• Submitted: Fri, March 15, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 15, 2013

• Reported By: NLST — Brooklyn New York
Romex Travel
3379 Peachtree Rd NE Ste 555 Atlanta, GA 30326-14 Internet United States of America

Romex Travel travel scam, doesn't have anything they offer Internet

I received a travel promotion via fax. I called the company, Romex Travel and they were very helpful at first. After having multiple conversations over the span of 2 days with a sales agent named Amy Green, I was sold a 8 day 7 night Bahamas Cruise Vacation for (6) Adults (2) Children (the children were complimentary) for which I paid $1200. Amy assured me that they book with Norwegian Cruise Lines and that the entire group can travel together on the dates I requested. Amy was aware that there was one pregnant passenger who was trying to travel before the 24th week of pregnancy to abide by the cruise lines policy. After she confirmed that all our specifics could be met, I purchased the vacation. Amy told me that I would receive a package (in the mail) with information so, I can activate our vacation and that I would need to activate this with a booking agent who is also part of Romex Travel. The travel package arrived on January 17th and the instructions said to contact a company called, The Travel Center so I did. A man named Ray Johnson got on the call and said that I need to call Romex immediately and get my money back because they do not offer what I was sold. He said they only book with Carnival Cruise Lines and they only book for 2 people at a time. Since January 18th 2013, I've been in touch with a man named Ed Mazre, the Customer Service Manager at Romex Travel and he said I could place a refund request. I placed the refund request on January 22 and responded to a set of questions they sent me on January 24th. I couldn't find any information on them being a scam and they also let me know that I need to pay port taxes, tips, etc so, I really fell hard this. After 2 months of requesting the refund, I received a money order for $780. I really was suspicious about if the money order was even valid, but it was. They took $70 per person for a "cancellation fee" for something which was NEVER booked. These people are TERRIBLE. Taking away poor people's money and giving them nothing...folks with money aren't sitting around waiting for travel deals. I can't believe they aren't in jail!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Romex-Travel/internet/Romex-Travel-travel-scam-doesnt-have-anything-they-offer-Internet-1035078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Romex Travel