Complaint Review: Ron Carter Hyundai Tx158

• Updated: Fri, September 27, 2013

• Reported By: Steve Barker — Conroe Texas
Ron Carter Hyundai Tx158
18100 Gulf Freeway South Friendswood, Texas USA

Ron Carter Hyundai Tx158 New Car Sales Bait and Switch on Vehicle price - Trade in Quote no where close- Fail to give advertised gas card for test drive Friendswood Texas

*Consumer Comment: But You REWARDED Then Anyway!

We were looking for a new Hyundai Santa Fe and were shopping online with the numerous dealers in the area. we received an e-mail price of the requested vehicle at $29891, a trade in quote of $5675 to $7825, and a coupon for a Shell $25 gas card upon completion of a test drive. We corresponded numerous times of which we asked each time what is the actual price of the vehicle that we would be paying without the trade in deduction and TTL added. We were provided with a Vin number and a detailed decription of the vehicle. Each time, the price of the vehicle was stated at $29891. I stated that I wanted no mistake what the price was because I was coming from 80 miles away and my wife was coming from 30 miles away with our granddaughter. We were assured that that was the price of the vehicle was $29891 and we set a date and time to make the deal. We arrived at the stated date and time, showed the vehicle of which the vin was provided, and the wife test drove the vehicle to ensure it was what she wanted. She advised the salesman and myself that this is what she really wanted and I said lets do the paperwork. A short time later the salesman showed us the figures and it was in excess of $38,000 an almost $10,000 jump. The trade in was valued at $1800, the vehicle was valued at $34,995 and other misc costs were attached totalling over $38,000. Note: our trade in keys were taken from my wife before I got there and I didn't know she wan't given them back, many delays and stall techniques were employed like the vehicle wasn't on sight and they had to go get it knowing we had a small child and a pre arranged appointment. I asked what happened to the price of $29891 with the trade in vaue of $5675-$$7825 (trade in was in excellant condition and way below average mileage) to be deducted. The salesman advised that the price of the car with trade in was the $38000 Plus value. I went to my vehicle with the intent of filing Fraud charges and a complaint with the Consumer Protection & Public Health. Next thing I know my wife who was very upset had been approached by the sales manager who kept saying what can we do to make the deal. I said sell the vehicle for what you stated no more no less. This had now been almost 2 hours and the 20 month old child was becoming restless. It was the vehicle the wife wanted, she didn't want any more hassles and still didn't have our trade in keys (they showed up quickly when I said I was calling the police and file theft of the keys)(FYI - I am a retired Police Sgt with 31 years service). After a little over 4 hours they sold the vehicle to us for almosot $2000 more than the stated price to get us in the location but the wife was happy (Christen lady that doesn't do well with inconvenience and hassles). We still did not receive the $25 dollar ga card and the vehicle trade in was valued at $5000 which was much less than the promised range.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2013 03:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ron-Carter-Hyundai-Tx158/Friendswood-Texas-77546/Ron-Carter-Hyundai-Tx158-New-Car-Sales-Bait-and-Switch-on-Vehicle-price-Trade-in-Quote-1087710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ron Carter Hyundai Tx158

But You REWARDED Then Anyway!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You stated you were repeatedly told the terms of the deal prior to you guys going to the dealership.  When you get there, surprise, surprise, they changed the terms of the deal.  (Isn't that a surprise!)  They lied to you repeatedly, didn't they?  Then what?  YOU rewarded them for treating you guys like garbage by giving them their victory, their profit!  All the complaining now doesn't change that.  YOU REWARDED THEM for treating you like a doormat.  At the FIRST scent of one of their LIES, it was time to WALK OUT.  You don't give them a chance for a second lie...YOU WALK OUT!  Why do they do this?  Because they know far too many people have a backbone to get up and walk out.  Enjoy your car!

pound