Complaint Review: Ron Carter Hyundai

• Reported By: JennyB — Beaumont Texas
Ron Carter Hyundai
18100 Gulf Fwy Friendswood, Texas , Select State/Province USA

Ron Carter Hyundai Liars Friendswood Texas

*Consumer Comment: Excellent Work!

I was researching the cost of purchasing a new Santa Fe through a site called Tru Car which is supposed to get you the best price. Almost immediately a salesman from Ron Carter Hyundai called me at 8:50pm to see if he could help me with the purchase of a car. I specifically inquired about end of the year close out inventory and was interested in a 2013 Santa Fe white in color with tan leather seats. He told me that he had one on the lot. I asked him if he could please email the information on the vehicle with the price. He did email me a picture of the car with the internet price of 23,800.   I called him back first thing in the morning just before 8am and he told me he was on his way to work and that he had an early meeting. He asked when I could be there because he didn't want me to have to wait. He wanted to make sure I was taken care of.

After I arrived at the dealership at around 11:00am he had me seated and went I don't know where. When he finally came back he sat at the desk and asked me what kind of note I wanted. I told him that this was not about the note. I wanted price he emailed me and I wanted to go look at the car. I told him that he had given me a price and that there should be no haggling. He said okay that he would go get the car. Now I'm already annoyed because I have driven two hours to get there and he does not have the car up front. He precedes to put me in another car and ride me around the lot as if we are looking for the car. I was already suspicious since he started asking me about what I want my note to be and then didn't have car ready for me but then to ride around the lot looking for it really threw up the red flag.  He then told me it was probably at their storage lot. He then asks me if there is another color I would be interested in. I asked him what other colors in the 2013 he has. He says he will have to check. When we get back to his desk he leaves again.  When he come back and tells me that the car had sold that morning.  I was so angrY. When I asked him why he had not called me and told me so that I wouldn't drive all that way he says he didn't know. Then he tells me there were only three 2013's left and that they had all sold before I got there. Mind you on their web site they had many 2013's. I let him have it. Then his so-called internet manager came over trying to play good cop and I let him have it as well. So did my friend who was visiting from out of town. He tried to get me to deal on a 2014. I told him what I thought and walked out but not before getting the 25.00 gas card that was promised.

There never was a car of this I am sure. I will never set foot in there again and something needs to happen to businesses that operate in this manner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2014 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ron-Carter-Hyundai/Select-StateProvince/Ron-Carter-Hyundai-Liars-Friendswood-Texas-1113006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ron Carter Hyundai

Excellent Work!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

I am VERY proud of you for using your feet to walk out!  In so many cases, (and you'll read some on this site), many will play the role of doormat and reward the liars by making the purchase.  You did very, very well.  YOU ARE A SMART CONSUMER!!!