• Report: #1042006

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Ronald — Mercerville New Jersey
Ron Jancewicz
4 Martin lane Mercervile, New Jersey United States of America

Ron Jancewicz Allstate insurance quoted me 17,000 for my car and now changed there amount to 12,000. It is a 2003 BMW 540i six speed with a sport package. Mercervile, New Jersey

*General Comment: Not enough?

Was in a serious accident. Just put 5 k in repair prior to the accident and Allstate insurance offered me 17,100. After I complained that was not enough they then offered 4k less after i just put 5k in repairs after it was just repaired after another accident, the car is spotless. They are screwing me oner big time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2013 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ron-Jancewicz/Mercervile-New-Jersey-08619/Ron-Jancewicz-Allstate-insurance-quoted-me-17000-for-my-car-and-now-changed-there-amount-1042006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ron Jancewicz

#1 General Comment

Not enough?

AUTHOR: kuffs81 - ()

I'm going to respond to this and I hope you don't take it in a rude way. A 2003 BMW was probably sold in 2002 making it basically 11 years old. I go several automobile auctions a year and have came across a few 540i's. I keep track of every vehicle that is sold at those auctions I go to so I am aware of how much to pay for those vehicles at other auctions.

I've went through my logs and seen 2 2003 BMW 540i's that sold at auction. I'm not sure about all the options and equipment in both of them but I know they both were pretty well loaded. The 1st was from 2009 and the BMW had 79,458 miles on it.

It sold at auction for $13,189. The second was from 2012 and it had 117,898 miles on it and it sold at auction for $8,789. Now I know both vehicles were sold at wholesale value but even at 12,189 I doubt the vehicle sold for over $16,000 and this was almost 4 years ago. An offer of $17,000 is highly unlikely but if they did offer it I would have accepted.

I looked the vehicle up on the NADA dealers site and Black Book. I use NADA because generally I can sell a vehicle 110% of nada trade in value. If I was to purchased your vehicle at auction, and assuming it is fully loaded with less than 100,000 miles on it then I would give no more than $8500 and hope to sell it for $10,500.