Complaint Review: Ron Karliner Tax

• Submitted: Thu, January 07, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, June 26, 2012

• Reported By: Bob — los angeles California U.S.A.
Ron Karliner Tax

*Consumer Comment: Nonsense

*Consumer Comment: My Experience

*Consumer Comment: On the contrary

*Consumer Comment: RESPONSIBLE FEEDBACK

*Consumer Comment: Mr. Karliner.... PAY YOUR BILLS!!

*Author of original report: buyer beware for ron karliner tax

*Consumer Comment: Ignore that guy!

Be aware of using this guy.  He is completely fraud!  I got an audit and now he won't return my calls or emails to help get me out of the jam he created.  Everything he puts on your return is not true...do not use this guy!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2010 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ron-Karliner-Tax/internet/Ron-Karliner-Tax-tax-fraud-Internet-551053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ron Karliner Tax

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Pay Yur Bills, Absurd

AUTHOR: marine 1 - (United States of America)

First of all the name of Karliner Tax Services or Ronald Karliner is all over the web with his business  address and phone number so the story about asking for help locating him is a lot of BS.  If he owes your company money then sue him as he has an address and can be served.  But making an anonymous story up about owing you money and you need help finding him is just come personal vendetta, a BS story and does not even make sense!

Any Update

AUTHOR: PayurBills - (USA)

I would like to know if there is an update on this guy's location and number.  He owes our company Alot of $$$$ and he doesn't call back.  Some people here post how this guy is so great and helpful but he owes my company ALOT of money and he doesn't ever return calls to us nor to some other people that have posted here about having audit troubles.  Please help me out to collect. Thanks.

Karliner Tax Service

AUTHOR: scott - (United States of America)

For ten years I have used Ron and look forward to each visit. He has never done anything that would make me want to find another tax preparer nor has he ever attempted to scam me as a poster had mentioned. I shall continue to have Ron prepare my taxes hopefully for quite some time. Customer, Scott K.

Nonsense

AUTHOR: John B. - (United States of America)

Hello all,

Like many other people out there, time is a precious commodity. So to take time out to rebut this ridiculous post must mean something. My wife and I have been going to Ron Karliner for the past 6 years. He's always given me sound advice and given prompt and courteous service. Most recently he helped me through a sticky situation with the IRS. Now I don't know what the particulars of the negative post were, but I do know that if you follow his instructions to the T, then you should have no long reaching problems. Remember, there are two sides to every story, and it's always easier to post negative than positive, especially when the negative is unfounded. We will continue to use Ron, I hope you do as well.

My Experience

AUTHOR: scott - (United States of America)

Tax time is not especialy pleasant for many people. I drifted from one preparer to another, over to a Big Name software and 11 years ago went to Ron when he was at an auto body shop(high end) and liked him as a person and a preparer. He did what I would expect from a paid professional. I haven't ever been audited in my life and I did have a few "good years"of  income when one might think an audit would be possible. If I were to have an audit i would say "these things happen" and deal with it. I moved  from OC to Riverside and I still drive 90 miles one way to have my taxes prepared by Ron Karliner passing many qualified preparers and CPA's along the way. Today I met with Ron and I look forward to seeing him about a year from now...Scott

On the contrary

AUTHOR: myztik - (United States of America)

I have also been going to Karliner for almost 8 years, and I am currently being audited.  Actually it's been an ongoing audit for the last year or so, and Karliner has helped me through the entire process.  In fact, he hasn't even charged me.  He types up any retorts that are needed etc.

I do understand that Ron is busy--a lot actually, but we all know this from experience, even before our audit came around.  It's hard to get a call back to book an apt. for filing taxes, he's just busy.  He's only one guy and works around the clock during that time.  He's also a previous IRS agent, so fraud he is not, but knowing how to maximize your return, sure.  He's keeps up with all the codes.

Also, my audit btw, has nothing to do with him, the IRS of course messed something up in a return a few years ago, and now it's a mess trying to unravel what they did.  I do hope that he will continue to help me, I don't expect it to be free, but it sure has been nice so far.

Anyway, I hope that you were able to resolve your issue with the IRS, they are completely annoying.  And, I would try calling him during business hours when he answers the phone, that is if the bridge between you two has not yet been burned.  I'd suggest that if you know something is incorrect when you file, especially if it's in your favor, to not look the other way.  Worst case, you pay back what you should have owed anyway. (not pointing finger at you, just anyone in general)

RESPONSIBLE FEEDBACK

AUTHOR: DAVID - (United States of America)

Without equivocation, Ronald Karliner's Tax Service has provided nothing but commendable assistance in regard to our personal accounts.

Based on prompt response time, efficient results, and the utmost professionalism, our corporate and personal spheres of influence stand firmly behind this tax service and its continuous record of longstanding credibility.

Good Day.

Mr. Karliner.... PAY YOUR BILLS!!

AUTHOR: LS - (United States of America)

This guy Ron Karliner owes my company money and doesn't return calls.  If anyone can post his business address or other phone numbers than his cell or office I'd appreciate it.  He never answers his phone nor does he call back after leaving him over 10 messages.  Please help!!

buyer beware for ron karliner tax

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

This guy was doing returns out of the back of auto body shop!!  All of the information I provided to him was either omitted or wrong.  I went back to look at the previous 5 years and notice it was all wrong.  For example, 25k miles a year on my car he deducted.  I never gave him mileage write offs.  No other deductions I provided were included in the returns.  Yes, its up to me to confirm the file and sign my  name but that doesnt give him a right to lie. Every time a client of his gets audited, he disappears. I had to hire a tax attorney to fix this mess and she went through my returns--all wrong and all fraud! If you go to his office, you will see on the wall next to his desk a list of people he screwed over.  I noticed at least 10 people I knew on this list.

Ignore that guy!

AUTHOR: Sarah - (United States of America)

I've been going to Ron Karliner for about 7 years now (also many of my friends go to him) and have had only positive experiences with him and his tax services. Perhaps the previous complaint was because you were not totally honest with the info you gave him? And if you happen to work at a tip job and were under reporting your tips then that's not his fault. Either way your obviously exaggerating because you say that EVERYTHING he puts on your return is not true? He uses IRS software so cannot possibly just put the wrong info in. Time to take some responsibility for yourself!