Complaint Review: Ron

Rambling Acres Drive Titusville, Florida USA

Ron CAR FLIPPER-FRAUDULANT AND PREDITORY SELLING PRACTICES Titusville Florida

*Consumer Comment: Curious

*Consumer Comment: Report him to the Florida Department of revenue

Our family bought a used car from Ron. Part of the deal was he was to take the car to a mechanic before we picked it up for some work to be done. When we arrived to get it he told us if you smell some smoke it is just because the mechanic spilt some fluid out while changing the part. Not even a couple miles away from his house while driving it home I had to pull into a gas station because so much smoke was coming out from under the hood and the check engine light came on. All mechanics were closed it was evening so we drove by Rons house but no answer at the door. We drove on home thinking of what Ron told us about the spilt fluid. We thought it odd though because it smelled more like oil.

The next day we tried to call Ron to get the name of the mechanic who did the work but he avoided our calls. This went on for a couple days and when we did reach him he just had to get off the phone quick like he was avoiding our questions. We had already taken the car to our mechanic the next day they were open to have it checked and the mechanic said he has seen this type of scam before. He said Ron just doctored up a faulty engine and sold it to us. The mechanic said there was no way that damage happend in the couple miles driving it from Rons home. During this time I had found an old receipt in the car with a name on it. Turns out it was the prior owner of this car. Just so happens it was the same name on the title and bill of sale that Ron gave us claiming it was his step son who had owned the car for quite sometime after Ron bought it for him to drive to southern Florida for schooling but he no longer needed the car so Ron the "upstanding teacher" was selling it. In reality we found out that this name on the title and bill of sale was not Rons step son at all but the guy who sold Ron the car about 2 weeks before with alot of problems.

Ron never registered the car or changed the name on the title to his own before selling the car. This previous owner told me Ron had approached him to buy the car and told him he was buying it for his son to drive north. The man told me that he specifically told Ron about all the problems with the car. There were many including the check engine light being on that Ron had reset after he got it but never fixed the issue. This car was purposely detailed and the engine cleaned and doctored to hide these major issues.

We tried contacting Ron and when we did finally reach him he basically told me my mechanic knew nothing and was wrong. That he personally drove the car from Orlando etc. etc.  How could he legally do that he did not even register the car in his name nor have insurance on it apparently and he was without a title in his name as proof of ownership. He told me to take it to a mechanic that knew something so I did. A specialist in this type of car. They found even more issues wrong deep within. Rons response was "so sue me". "What you going to do you bought it as is". Well no I never did sign anything that was as is nor did I even have a legal bill of sale with Ron because he had only passed on paperwork from someone else never legally registering the car in his name nor giving me a proper bill of sale from him specifically. He lied as to who's name was on the paper work when we inquired. No where on the bill of sale he passed onto us does it state "as is" and that is not how we bought it. This car was to be in excellent condition needing nothing but tires. That is what we were buying but not what we got.

I have sent Ron a certified letter once I could locate a proper address from the 3 he gave us. The postal service said he is not accepting the letter as of yet which is no suprise he told me over the phone he would just refuse or not pick it up. Either way he has washed his hands of this deal he says.  Buyer beware of this man. He is a preditory car flipping scam artist and will say and do alot to get you to buy one of his junk vehicles. Ron has since asked that we do not call as he is a busy man he claims. I find this man highly suspicous when even car mechanics are willing to be witnesses in court stating the scam this guy is pulling on people purposely doctoring vehicles to pass initial inspection.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ron/Titusville-Florida/Ron-CAR-FLIPPER-FRAUDULANT-AND-PREDITORY-SELLING-PRACTICES-Titusville-Florida-1079299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ron

Curious

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Did you even bother to TEST DRIVE this wonderful car?  Did you even bother to take it to YOUR mechanic BEFORE buying it?  As I understand it, you voluntarily went to him because you thought it was such a good deal.  See that?  "YOU WENT TO HIM".  He didn't come out and throw a rope around you to haul you in.  You did this as a "VOLUNTEER".  Why did you not go to a regular dealership?  No, I don't work for them.

Report him to the Florida Department of revenue

AUTHOR: Auto dealer fraud Investigator - ()

I am willing to bet that he's making money under the table and not reporting the income. Put a little fear in him that you're going to the Department of revenue reporting him for income tax evasion. Also go to the department of motor vehicles and Inform them that he's selling cars more than likely without a dealers license which is against the law in the state of Florida. If they find out they sold more than what I believe is five cars or eight cars a year he's breaking the law by selling cars without a dealers license.

Also contact the IRS and inform them of his physical address his phone number and give them the vehicle identification number of the car that he sold you. Let them do a little investigation to find out if what you say is true they can go after him for income tax evasion as well. I know the state of Florida Does not have state income tax As far as an individual is concerned.

During these financial hard times I know that the IRS would love to get a hold of this guy let him know if he doesn't make it right or take the car back you're going after him with the IRS. Put a little financial fear in him.