Complaint Review: Ronald Dukes - Dukes & Associates

• Submitted: Mon, July 18, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, July 08, 2012

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Ronald Dukes - Dukes & Associates
208 Golden Oak Court, Suite 305 Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.

Ronald Dukes - Dukes & Associates - Donald Duck the Quack RIPOFF, Stole my entire life savings, Con Artist Financial planner Virginia Beach Virginia

*Author of original report: THE INFORMATION PREVIOUSLY POSTED ON THIS SITE CONCERNING RONALD A. DUKES IS FALSE AND DEFAMATORY

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Helen is actually Rhonda and she's a liar!

*Author of original report: Ronald Dukes liar and theif tries to discredit me saying I'm disturbed, but he is such a dangerous sociopath it's frightening! Thank God I have BF!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Disturbed Individual Strikes Again

*Author of original report: Ronald Dukes who stole my inheritance monies moves again

*Author of original report: I still have a copy of a check and policy for $80,000 I signed which Ronald Dukes ripped me off for!

*Author of original report: Watch out Norfolk Virginia - Ronald Dukes moves company again

*Consumer Comment: Not Delusional or very disturbed (very angry - yes!) - but DELUDED by Ronald Dukes Financial planner and angry!

*Author of original report: Sticking up for Rhonda

*Author of original report: How Ronald Dukes ripped stole my inheritance/entire life savings and got away with it:

*Author of original report: Don't believe the vicous liar

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Delusions

This is a very dangerous man. He is a financial planner who stole my life savings, $100's of thousands of dollars, and knows how to get away with it. He is not a member of NASD. He will steal anything and everything he can without conscience. If I can help just one person, than it will be a blessing.

Helen
Norfolk, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2005 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ronald-Dukes-Dukes-Associates/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23452/Ronald-Dukes-Dukes-Associates-Donald-Duck-the-Quack-RIPOFF-Stole-my-entire-life-sav-150212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ronald Dukes - Dukes & Associates

AUTHOR: Helen - (USA)

My name is Rhonda Seymour and I live in Virginia Beach, In 1989, I received an inheritance and my husband and I invested these funds with the assistance of financial planner, Ronald A. Dukes, of Norfolk and Virginia Beach, Virginia. The investments did very well.

When my husband and I divorced several years later, my husband converted these investments to his own property and hid these transactions from me. My ex-husband told me there was no money in any of these accounts and that Mr. Dukes had lost the money. Without checking anything out, I accepted my ex-husband's explanation. I called Mr. Dukes' office, got very upset, and left a terrible voice message. I refused to listen to Mr. Dukes when he tried to explain to me that he had nothing to do with the money in the investments.

Subsequently, my boyfriend Bill Brockman heard my complaints and carried out my threat to tell everyone. Bill set up an account "Helen of Norfolk" and told my story on Rip-Qff-Report. Bill thought he was helping me.  Unfortunately, I was wrong about Mr, Dukes and Bill spread these lies across the internet.

I admit that I was wrong and that I falsely blamed Ronald Dukes for taking my inheritance, when in fact my ex-husband was responsible.

Today, I want to set the record straight and try to do the right thing. Ronald A. Dukes is an honorable man and an effective and thoroughly professional financial planner. The information previously posed on the Rip-Off-Report were untrue and defamatory.

I should have spent more time checking facts before blaming Mr, Dukes. I apologize to Mr, Dukes and publish these truths in the hopes that he may forgive me and that others may learn to check out facts before yelling defamatory falsehoods across the internet. I post this now to admit and accept responsibility for the damage that Ronald A, Dukes has suffered as a result of these postings. I urge everyone to check and double check their facts before posting anything on the internet that may injure someone's reputation.

AUTHOR: Helen - (USA)

My name is Rhonda Seymour and I live in Virginia Beach. In 1989, I received an inheritance and my husband and I invested these funds with the assistance of financial planner Ronald A. Dukes, of Norfolk and Virginia Beach, Virginia. The investments did very well.

When my husband and I divorced several years later, my husband converted these investments to his own property and hid these transactions from me. My ex-husband told me there was no money in any of these accounts and that Mr, Dukes had lost the money. Without checking anything out, I accepted my ex-husband's explanation. I called Mr. Dukes' office, got very upset, and left a terrible voice message. I refused to listen to Mr. Dukes when he tried to explain to me that he had nothing to do with the money in the investments.

Subsequently, my boyfriend Bill Brockman heard my complaints and carried out my threat to tell everyone, Bill set up an account "Helen of Norfolk" and told my story on Rip-Off-Report Bill thought he was helping me.  Unfortunately, I was wrong about Mr, Dukes and Bill spread these lies across the internet.

I admit that I was wrong and that I falsely blamed Ronald Dukes for taking my inheritance when in fact my ex-husband was responsible.

Today, I want to set the record straight and try to do the right thing. Ronald A, Dukes is an honorable man and an effective and thoroughly professional financial planner. The information previously posted on the Rip-Off-Report were untrue and defamatory.

I should have spent more time checking facts before blaming Mr, Dukes. I apologize to Mr. Dukes and publish these truths in the hopes that he may forgive me and that others may learn to check out facts before yelling defamatory falsehoods across the internet. I post this now to admit and accept responsibility for the damage that Ronald A. Dukes has suffered as a result of these postings. I urge everyone to check and double check their facts before posting anything on the internet that may injure someone's reputation.

AUTHOR: Helen - (USA)

My name is Rhonda Seymour and I live in Virginia Beach.  In 1989, I received an inheritance and my husband and I invested these funds with the assistance of financial planner Ronald A. Dukes, of Norfolk and Virginia Beach, Virginia.   The investments did very well.

When my husband and I divorced several years later, my husband converted these investments to his own property and hid these transactions from me.  My ex-husband told me there was no money in any of these accounts and that Mr, Dukes had lost the money.  Without checking anything out, I accepted my ex-husband's explanation.  I called Mr. Dukes' office, got very upset, and left a terrible voice message.  I refused to listen to Mr. Dukes when he tried to explain to me that he had nothing to do with the money in the investments.

Subsequently, my boyfriend Bill Brockman heard my complaints and carried out my threat to tell everyone.  Bill set up an account "Helen of Norfolk" and told my story on Rip-Off-Report.  Bill thought he was helping me.  Unfortunately, I was wrong about Mr, Dukes and Bill spread these lies across the internet.

Today, I want to set the record straight and try to do the right thing.  Ronald A, Dukes is an honorable man and an effective and thoroughly professional financial planner.  The information previously posted on the Rip-Off-Report were untrue and defamatory.

I should have spent more time checking facts before blaming Mr, Dukes.   I apologize to Mr. Dukes and publish these truths in the hopes that he may forgive me and that others may learn to check out facts before yelling defamatory falsehoods across the internet.  I post this now to admit and accept responsibility for the damage that Ronald A. Dukes has suffered as a result of these postings.  I urge everyone to check and double check their facts before posting anything on the internet that may injure someone's reputation.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Helen is actually Rhonda and she's a liar!

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

This posting is a lie and I am tired of dealing with it in my professional life over the last 5 years.  The posting is from Rhonda Y_ _ _ _ _  S_ _ _ _ _ _, of Seagate Colony, in Virginia Beach, Virginia.  She is not Helen.  I challenge Ronda to post any documents that support these false allegations.

AUTHOR: Helen - (U.S.A.)

(continued) Thank God I have a boyfriend who knows what Ronald Dukes did to me, and where he is located - just in case he needs to follow up because Ronald Dukes and my husband were very close, and I had to flee my home under frightening and sudden circumstances which I prefer to forget. So if you are reading this Ronald Dukes, know that you will be dealt with by the higher power.

I feel sorry for Ronald Dukes because he will trully suffer for what he has done to me and any others he has ripped off. He is such a sociopath, such a dangerous lier who will do anything and everything to rip someone off for any and every penny he can. He will conspire to absolutely and without concience rip you off any and everyway he can. He is so dangerous because he knows how to legally rip you off unless you were to trap him and wear a wire to record all of his lies that he states to you. Then he will take advantage of you anyway he can, and he is particularly interested in how to rip off as many people as he can and get away with it. My ex-husband told me that Ronald Dukes told him how to go rip off as many credit card companies by charging up as many credit cards as you can and never pay them back, tell everyone you're going broke, lie about your income, don't pay the IRS, then declare bankruptcy. My ex-husband explained that Ronald Dukes explained to him that's why there were so many bankruptsies in the '80's. Yes, I feel foolish that I trusted a financial planner, and will only trust banks from now on.

The agent from SEC for the area could not help me because the statute of limitations had passed, and that I cannot prove that I just decided to put all my money in my husbands name, every penny of my inheritance, and not include my own name. This is a man without any morals. I admit that I believed his lies and was naive to trust Ronald Dukes that it was illegal to have an insurance policy on my husband in my own name. I am frightened that this man lives so close to me, because he and my ex-husband were very close "if you know what I mean by the fact that they are both sociopath, and if you know what sociopaths can do -I had to leave my husband under some frightening conditions which I would rather not go into. Thank God I have a boyfriend who would do anything to protect me and knows my situation and all about Ronald Dukes and where he is located.

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Disturbed Individual Strikes Again

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

The allegations made are false and distorted by a disturbed individual. This person evidently suffered a bad divorce and for some reason has decided to blame me and my company. The allegations have been reported and investiated by various governmental and industry agencies and no fault was found with anything done by me.

AUTHOR: Helen - (U.S.A.)

Ronald Dukes has moved again (he keeps moving every six months to a year) to another city -- now in Norfolk Virginia!!! Here is his current business address. Please don't let him steal your life savings like he did to me!!!! He knows how to steal money and get away with it. I have a copy of a check for $80,000 to prove it! statute of limitations let him get away with it and lack of proof I didn't just give my money to my husband! motive? unknown. Gay relationship with my husband and/or $ or just a favor...I don't know.

Dukes And Associates, Ronald Dukes CLU, ChFC, MSFS 555 East Main Street, Suite 1103 Norfolk, VA 23510 Phone: 757-233-8404 FAX: 757-233-8408

AUTHOR: Helen - (U.S.A.)

I still have a copy of a check for $80,000 in safe keeping which I wrote out and signed and Ronald Dukes the financial planner in Norfolk, Virginia (he keeps moving) moved out of my name and into my husband's name telling me it was illegal to own a life insurance policy on someone else (he called it an annuity life insurance policy).

NASD told me there is no way to prove that I didn't just give my inheritance to my husband! I am so embarrassed that I was so naive to trust my husband and the horrible financial planner, and did not call the police immediately. I believe the the policy is no longer in effect because my husband moved all the money out of the account(s) as far as I know, but I have a copy of the original policy(s) some of which were jointly in my name (because Ronald Dukes said I would lose all my money if I had them solely in my name because of tax implications because I did not work outside the house), and some which Ronald Dukes lied and said he had already moved the money out of my name (upon inception), and if we changed the policies - I would lose all of my money!!! Ronald Dukes threatened me in this respect as I sat there crying - imagine - only a few months after my father died and left me my inheritance.

I never had a financial planner before that, and I was only 27 years old. I'm very wary now and unfortunately would not invest much money in anything other than a bank that the FDIC insures.

Now my husband is wanted by the police in the state of Virginia - a fugitive -because my husband (whom I'm divorcing) who confided in me told me he (a British National) did what Ronald Dukes told him to do to get rich: steal as much money as you can from (he floated a bad check for construction work ~$5,000 to incur a warrant for his arrest) businesses, banks (legally) by getting as many credit cards as you can, get as much money off them, tell everyone you are going broke, then go bankrupt!! I have to let this go and move on with my life, but I have been so stressed out that I have had to just give it to God.

When I pray to God, I feel that the higher power will take care of them through karma, but it is a shame they could destroy me without conscience, and other people can get ripped off too, and this horrible man Ronald Dukes is still in business!! Can I be sued for slander by Ronald Dukes if this is true? - as Ronald Dukes has threatened me. But I felt that I had to get the word out so others would not suffer as I have.

Ronald Dukes, again, though you don't realize this because you wouldn't have done it if you did: IT'S REALLY TRUE! THE HIGHER POWER DOES WATCH YOU ALL THE TIME, AND YOU'LL HAVE KARMA TO PAY FOR DOING THESE HORRIBLE THINGS TO ME! I feel really sorry for you Ronald Dukes when you have to pay karmically for the horrible things you did to me: stealing my inheritance monies that my father left me on his deathbed, and telling me all the money was lost in all of the accounts...because I do believe in the higher power and retribution.

I'm currently working with Wavy 10 on your side to try to get them to run a story to warn others about the dangers of trusting deceitful financial planners so that this doesn't happen to other people, but I don't know if they are interested or not. I would probably have to remain anonymous and not mention Ronald Dukes name if they were interested.

I have copies of most all of the accounts, and withdrawals I got from Ronald Dukes secretary. I'm sure there are many decent financial planners out there, but I will never trust another one, nor will I ever marry again as the heartache which I've experience just isn't worth possibly going through all this again. My divorce attorney is helping me to (slowly) get what is rightfully mine in property since at least I did find out in the divorce process.

To sum it up, I don't think there is anything anyone can really do to help me, because the police, NASD and the insurance regulatory commission as well as the investment companies told me: There is no proof that I didn't just give all my inheritance to my husband! Ronald Dukes is telling the truth about one thing and one thing only: I did complain about him to all of these authorites, and I'm sure he is very smug in thinking he can get away with it...but he can't get past God! The statute of limitations protects the financial planner and not the invester. Imagine, if a bank robber could get away with stealing a half million dollars if the bank didn't find out within the statute of limitations-this is what happened to me through Ronald Dukes.

'Helen"

Watch out Norfolk Virginia - Ronald Dukes moves company again

AUTHOR: Helen - (U.S.A.)

Ronald Dukes steals my entire life savings -inheritance monies my father left me on his death bed, gets away with it telling me it was all lost, puts it in my husbands name against my will-nearly a half million leaving me penniless! Don't let this happen to you! I have documents - signed checks by me, and moved into my husband's name but statute of limitations law let him steal all the inheritance monies and gains my father left me!!!!

Watch out Norfolk Virginia! The rip-off artist financial planner who swindled nearly a half million dollars from me has moved again! He keeps moving every six months or year to a new business address.

Just look at hisevil ugly picture and website at his new address in Norfolk http://www.dukesco.com/index.cfm and tell me he isn't a sheister.

I am currently working with Wavy TV 10 news in Virginia, but noone can really stop him from ripping off people because he knows how to rip you off and get away with it. Statute of limitations passed because it was over two years that it took me to find out.

If he moved all of your money out of your name (and into your spouse's -like he did to me with all of my inheritance money my father left me on his deathbed, and leaves you penniless, call the police immediately. At least I warned people and even though there are no laws against legally robbing people if you're a financial planner if you don't find out within two years, there should be. I have documents showing all the money he moved out of my name and told me the money was gone and gave it to my husband. Can you believe that NASD interviewed me, and told me that there is no proof I didn't just give all my money away?! Why did he do this? Because he could. The higher power is watching him all the time, and I know he will suffer greatly for what he has done to me.

I don't think that I can be sued for slander if I report the truth!

AUTHOR: Helen - (U.S.A.)

in the senAnd one more thing: This awful sociopath who has the nerve to call himself a man as well as a financial planner (as crazy as it sounds it is true)instructed my husband (I don't know if they were lovers, friends, he was paid off or just did it for fun - he laughs all the while he lies) how to get rich by screwing everyone over -I swear to God this story is true:

I should have know better about Ronald and my husband when during the eighties when the economy was good, I was amazed by the volume of bankruptsies. When I asked my husband what he thought about why this was so, I was astounded by his reply: "That's how people get rich he replied. You get as much money off credit cards and bank loans, then you tell everyone you are going broke, and then you declare bankruptcy. I was shocked at hearing this and asked him where did you learn all this from? "Ronald Dukes," he replied.

Why am I angry as hell? My husband is playing all these dirty tricks Mr. Dukes taught him during our currentlong divorce process, and I am suffering for it. Mr. Dukes, God is still watching you, and YOU WILL SUFFER the consequences and punishment of a higher authority then you obviously believe existed, and I feel really sorry for but you deserve every punishment that you get. So help me God this is all true.

Mr. Dukes while you constantly laughed as you crushed me financially, so shall the higher authority have the last laugh on you, and it won't be pretty.

The good news is that my divorce attorney can subpoena all the investment documents to find out where the money went, and God and my divorce attorney can help me.

Thank you for letting me state my case where the public can be informed of this horrible creature who calls himself a financial planner.

signed,

someone who cares about others welfare

Sticking up for Rhonda

AUTHOR: Helen - (U.S.A.)

Rhonda is not crazy as Mr. Dukes would like everyone to believe, and has been threatened with retaliation of slander if Rhonda tells everyone the truth. So Rhonda could not admit she is Rhonda because she is scared of what may happen. Trust me, Rhonda is very angry and let down by the system that Mr. Dukes who must be very spiritually ill, a sociopath, unscrupulous and pathological liar who calls himself a financial planner can get away with ripping me off for every penny he could get. Mr. Dukes thinks he got away with it...but wait until he has to pay the piper - God himself for all of the terrible things he did to me. Why couldn't the police (I comingled my funds), the NASD (Mr. Dukes is not a member of NASD), attorneys (statute of limitations laws), insurance regulators or individual investment companies help me? Because they can't prove that I didn't give my entire inheritance and life savings away to my husband who makes sometimes more money than the Secretary of the United States while I make very little money. What did he do to me? My husband who is a con artist got ahold of this horrible man when I was in my twenties and lost my father, and naive to trust and believe the my husband and financial planner's lies: The financial planner told me whatever I do - don't put my money in my name, because I will lose it all in taxes because I didn't workoutside my home. He suggested I put my inheritance into a joint bank account first until he could invest it for me. When I cried and protested after he " invested" my money by moving it into accounts against my wishes, and/or into with right of survivership only or into joint accounts - he threatened that it was too late because if I terminated the accounts I would lose almost all my money. Thank you God David and Bill for allowing me to find out about this great secret before my divorce is final. Why would the FP do this to me? I cannot answer this question because I really don't know anything other than what is written above.

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

Ronald Dukes got me to comingle my money into my husband's name

He told me the worst thing I could do was to put my money in my own name because I was a stay at home housewife and would lose all or most of my money through taxes

Ronald Dukes wrote an insurance policy in my husbands name, took my check but would not put my name on the contract telling me it was illegal, which I found out was not true - but it was too late by the time I found out to do anything about it.

Ronald Dukes set up accounts in my husbands name against my will, telling me again I would lose all my money when I protested. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that my husband and financial planner would do this to me. RD brainwashed me with false information, so initially I did not go to the police.

The police couldn't do anything because RD took my money and wrote up policies in my husbands name, cutting me out and/or wrote up policies jointly in my name.

I don't know what his motives are/were except that he laughed all the while he told me his lies. He told me all the money was lost out of all of the accounts. His secretary told me that none of the money was lost out of the accounts. Legally, he knew exactly how to rip me off and get away with it.

Don't believe the vicous liar

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

Yes it is true about Ronald Dukes everyone. Everything I wrote about the vicous lying b*****d who ripped me off is true. Obviously, he doesn't believe in God, or that God is watching him or he would know that it is all coming back to him in the name of God and Karma.

I pray to God that justice will prevail, and this horrible man who stole EVERY penny from my inheritance will be brought to justice by God -- and as soon as possible. It's just too bad he knew how to get away with it and defy the authorities. I take peace in that God will take care of him and punish him for what he did to me -because he is such a vicous liar and thief.

Helen

#18 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Delusions

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

The person who wrote this report is not named Helen. Her name is Rhonda and she is very disturbed. She has complained to numerous agencies such as The Va. Dept of Ins., The NASD and who knows where else. All of these places checked out her complaints and found nothing wrong.