Complaint Review: Ronald Emel Tatum

• Updated: Fri, June 29, 2012

• Reported By: tigg1003 — Sugar Land Texas United States of America
Ronald Emel Tatum
356 Garden Oaks Blvd Houston, Texas United States of America

Ronald Emel Tatum Twin deadbeat, abusive, autism, abandonment, neglect, lazy, user, bum, thug, ex-con Houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Suggestions

*Author of original report: Not Right

*Author of original report: Update

I have an 8 year old son whom I love dearly. My son has autism, which his father, Ronald E. Tatum is aware of. As our son started to develop I noticed some milestones he was not getting to. It was not until I moved to the state of Texas when my son was properly diagnosed with autism.

His father and I, although we were no longer together, I wanted our son to have both civil minded parents in his life, to offer love and support. My son's father has always had a hard time accepting the fact that our son had autism. Instead of doing additional research, he left that up to me. I would think when your child is diagnosed with something that a parent would take some interest to seek additional information as well as resources. His father is responsible for his health care expenses as well as half of any additional medical expenses. My son's father has yet to volunteer to  come to any doctor appointments to see his son's progress or what needs to worked on, has only attended one school meeting out of 8 years, etc. [continued below]....
.....

During the summer of 2011, my son went to stay with his father one weekend and when he was dropped off, his father mentioned to me that he had to spank our son because he had written on the wall and was talking back. Mind you at the time our son was only 8 years old.  When I got my son inside to give him a bath I noticed red bruises from his shoulders, back, thighs and back side. I called him immediately about the bruises he left on our son. His answer was "Well you know he is light skinned and those marks show up easy on him."  Those marks were on my son for about a month, which is considered child abuse.

I contacted CPS here in Texas and filed a report, I informed his father that our son would no longer be able to stay in his home overnight and he could visit his son at my home or I would meet up with him for an outing with his son to supervise. Needless to say he was not happy with my arrangement. I was informed by him that if he could not see his son the way he wanted that he was not going to bother and just send in a check.

It has been almost a year, where I have had to deal with the aftermath of that spanking, my son's behavior became aggressive at school, his grades were suffering and his behavior at home was becoming very angry. I knew it was from what happened with him and his dad. I took my son t a therapist for help and meet with his school to try to get his behavior to be less aggressive.

It has taken months for my son's behavior to get back to where it used to be. His father has not bothered to call to check on him, let alone even apologize to his son for what he did.

During my son's Spring break of 2012, I took him to the zoo, which is something his father and he used to do about every weekend. When we left the zoo, my son asked me "Mommy why is daddy so angry? You and Granddaddy have to go over and talk to him." Mind you this has almost been a year and this is the last impression my son has of his father. I asked if he wanted to speak to his dad and he said yes. I texted his dad letting him know that his son wanted to talk to him. He called and the talk between him and his son was about 30 seconds. My son asked him "Daddy why did you spank me? Why are you so mad?" My heart sunk in my stomach.

You would think that his father would have reached out more, instead he recently texted me a photo of his new son the day before Easter. I took that as he is replacing his oldest son with his youngest one.

My son still struggles with why his dad did what he did as well as why did he just disappear out of my life?

I have been going through child support to get an increase fro months since his payment monthly is less than $150.00 monthly. My son has medical needs and now lacks his father due to his father's own ignorance.

I wish I could tell my son that he is a big brother, but that is not my responsibility. His father had 8-9 months to prepare his son for this news, but he did not. Children with autism need to have things explained or prepare them since they do not adjust to sudden change well.

I can only pray that the mother of his new son takes some advice from me. Sooner or later he will wear you thin, he will use everything he can to get what he wants, he will leave your child just as he did mine. I open the door to communicate with her on a mature level of us both being mothers, so both our of sons can have a relationship as brothers, but his father is not welcomed to take part. He has had his chance to make things right with his son and it has been almost a year, no phone calls, no visits, no cards for holidays or birthdays, nothing!

Ronald Emell Tatum is just a sperm donor who hustles women.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ronald-Emel-Tatum/Houston-Texas-77018/Ronald-Emel-Tatum-Twin-deadbeat-abusive-autism-abandonment-neglect-lazy-user-bum-868001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ronald Emel Tatum

Suggestions

AUTHOR: THIS IS RIGHT - (USA)

EXCUSE ME, DID YOU NOT READ BEFORE POSTING ON THIS SITE? THAT THIS SITE DOES NOT REMOVE ITS REPORTS.  DO YOU THINK THEY PUT THAT THERE BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT GOING TO KEEP THEIR OWN WORD?

DON'T BLAME THIS SITE.  THIS SITE IS ALREADY STRUCTURED WELL ENOUGH AS IS BECAUSE UNLIKE OTHERS THE SITE HAS BEEN KNOWN TO KEEP ITS WORD.  THIS SITE NEEDS NO REVAMPING AT ALL.

I REPEAT, THIS SITE NEEDS NO REVAMPING OR REMODELLING.  THIS SITE HELPED ME GET MY MONEY BACK AND THAT IS WHY IT NEEDS NO REVAMPING.  IT IS SIMPLY DOING WHAT IT TOLD YOU IT WOULD DO.  THAT'S CALLED INTEGRITY.

WHAT IS NEEDED WAS CAREFUL READING BEFORE POSTING BY THE POSTER (WHICH IS WHAT ALL ARE SUPPOSED TO DO).

HOWEVER, HERE ARE SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU

1.  Post "Issue Is Now Resolved" in the Title of your Update.
2.  Just post the same words in Block Letters "ISSUE IS NOW RESOLVED. ALL FURTHER COMPLAINTS OR ISSUES ARE NOW TO BE CONSIDERED NULL, DEAD AND VOID"
4. Find a picture with the word 'CLOSED" or "RESOLVED" and include that in your post.
3.  SEND IT

THE END

P.S.  In case of any "rebuttals" from some nefarious outsider just keep using the same format like the one that I gave you. That's All till they stop.  ALSO FORGIVE YOURSELF.  THINGS HAPPEN BUT JUST FOLLOW WHAT I SAID AND LET YOUR MIND BE AT PEACE AND IN SWEET REST.  Plus if you wish you can ask the site to redact certain statements that you made from your report or use its corporate advocacy system to post over the complaint their findings about the honesty of the individual in question.  This will cost $$$ but if you wish later on you can do this but for now just do what I tell you (don't enter into any arguments with any one).  Keep the same format like I said and have a great day.  No thanks is needed.  Fortunate for you I came upon your post.

Not Right

AUTHOR: tigg1003 - (United States of America)

I posted this report of anger. It was not right and I feel so bad after posting this information on this website. My son's father, Ronald Tatum, did make a mistake and we have worked out the situation.  Mr. Tatum has reconnected with his son and we are friends once again.

The only things aside of my actions is this site needs revamping! I have written to have this post removed, but due to the fine print, this site simply refuses to remove my report.

We all do dumb things in life and this was one of my dumb things, lesson learned and it will never do it again.

Ronald Tatum is a good person, has a good heart. What happened with our son should have just been handled between us and not the world wide web. People have to realize that you cannot dig into everything that you see if you do not know.

I hope that this website can restructure the way posts are handled. And for anyone reading this in reference for employment purposes, do not use this as a work reference, it was a personal situation. I handled it very badly and I am sorry, wish I could delete this stupid post!

Update

AUTHOR: tigg1003 - (United States of America)

I made a decision on behalf of my son to contact his father since my son still has not had any regular contact with his father. We talked and it wasn't pretty. The main focus of that conversation was about our son. He agreed to make an better effort to reach out and that he did not dismiss his son of his disability.

All I can do is look out for my son.