• Report: #771808

Complaint Review: Ronald Scott Hanson

Thank You

Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.

  • Submitted: Thu, September 01, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, May 27, 2012

  • Reported By: Gio — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
Ronald Scott Hanson
3526 Lakeview Pkwy, STE B #215 Rowlett, Texas United States of America

Ronald Scott Hanson D/FW Cedar Constructions, Pools, Spas, & Sunrooms Breach of Contract, 95% paid but only 50% work completed Rowlett, Texas

*Author of original report: You've succeeded... in tiring me of me reading the SAME thing over and over...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: MISDIRECTION?!? NO... YOUR WORDS. The Words Of A Deadbeat Who Dictates The Rules.

*Author of original report: Misdirection Scott? Okay.. I'll play along...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: WRONG AGAIN, DEADBEAT. You really over estimate yourself.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: LETS LOOK AT WHAT GIO SPRATTLING AGREED TO vs. what he says he will or wont do. Accept or wont accept.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Lets PUT UP, and See if GIO SHUTS UP.

*Author of original report: You are full of excuses... prove me wrong by linking PUBLIC records...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gio Sprattling says it, does not make it so.

*Author of original report: Here are the evictions and then some.. as promised...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: TIME WILL TELL

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Same old Same old.

*Author of original report: Still at it Scott?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Adhere to the contract

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Darlene Maxwell has been proved to be a fraud on this site.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Typical Scott MO

*Author of original report: Looks like others are in process of filing suit as well...

*Author of original report: You are a hilarious character Ron. Your hollow threats mean nothing...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Burning Gunite Companies statement.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Judge Roy Bean court means nothing!

*Author of original report: Case heard in front of Denton County Judge - "Judgement for the Plaintiff"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Voice of unreasonable Logic.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Voice of reason from a buyers point of view, NOT from a business mans point of view.

*Consumer Comment: Contract or not, seems contractor created a scenario ripe for problems

*Author of original report: It hards to validate statements on the internet...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Continued Half Truths, Denials, Distortions and Omissions.

*Author of original report: Response to Ronald Scott Hanson, who also emails by the name of "Michael Hanson"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: One Way Logic and the missing Facts!

What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

Be wary of this individual.  I wish I did my research ahead of time before coming into an agreement with Ronald "Scott" Hanson.

My wife and I met him at the Dallas Home Show in March of 2011, at the Cowboys Stadium.  He came out and gave us an estimate, told us everything we wanted to hear, and we came into an agreement on March 26, 2011.

The agreement was structured in a way that I'd have to pay up front for each major phase of the project.  Which seems to have come back to bite me in the a$$.  It was also stipulated that the contract period was *supposed* to be "30 working days".

From the onset of the project, we ran into delays.  During the excavation (Mid April 2011) rock was encountered, during excavation, and although I didn't like it, I paid an additional $1500 for the excavation effort, and in was stated in the contract.

It took over a week for him to provide me with the "rock dig" addendum.  He said he was "waiting on the invoice from the excavation company".  At any rate, it got us to the point of mid May before being able to schedule Gunite.  Gunite was done around May 20th.  After it was done, I was instructed to water during the "curing" process.  In the meantime, I'd had zero visits from Scott or his crew, while I've been constantly trying to get an update since we were nearing target completion of June 10th.

The 2nd week of June, and Scott assures me that there's less than a week needed to complete the pool.  He comes asking for the next payment, and stated he needed to get coping and tile ordered (1 box of tile, and about 40 or so plaster coping blocks).  Gave me an estimate of "48 hour" for coping to be ready since it was a "customer order".  48 hours comes and goes, and I don't see the coping delivered until 5 days later.

Which brings me to this point.  Here I am, September 1st, and my project sitting uncompleted.  Coping didn't get done until August 9th.  Prior to that, Scott's crew came out and did less than 8 hours of work.  ~2-4 hours on tile install and partial rock install for "weeping wall".  Another 2-4 hours doing decking prep and spreading sand/dirt.  Nothing as it related to the costs I paid.

In the interim, I've received notices from the Gunite company that a Lien will be placed against my home for non-payment from Scott.
Also, I've got to engage other companies to complete his partial work and pay a premium.

I'm in the process of filing a lawsuit.  

Anyone *considering* doing business with them... be WARY.  Don't fall for his "bait and switch" tactics.  Verbally promises something, but doesn't deliver.  When confronted, refers back to his written contract.




This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2011 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ronald-Scott-Hanson/Rowlett-Texas-75088/Ronald-Scott-Hanson-DFW-Cedar-Constructions-Pools-Spas-Sunrooms-Breach-of-Contract-771808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ronald Scott Hanson

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
REBUTTALS & REPLIES:
10Author 1Consumer 16Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Author of original report

You've succeeded... in tiring me of me reading the SAME thing over and over...

AUTHOR: Gio - (USA)

This will be my last post.

So continue to threaten with a law suit.  Once you file, feel free to update this so that people see that you actually follow through.  It'll be a FIRST.

You still fail to answer EVERY single one of my points related to your false claims of appealing and settling your evictions.  You fail to note how such a respectable business owner as your self, fails to be able to handle a $15K appeal bond that you claim YOU would have WON.  You fail to answer related to the "Pauper's Affidavit" claiming 2+ months of bills that you were behind.  And you don't answer about how you can be installing "Record number of pools" but still be unable to pay American Gunite the ~$6K owed to them in one lump sum, but instead in payments.

So go ahead.  Continue with your imagination.  I'll WELCOME the law suit you threaten me with.

I'm done reading the same stuff from you over and over.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

MISDIRECTION?!? NO... YOUR WORDS. The Words Of A Deadbeat Who Dictates The Rules.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

 Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, You see for yourself, No DENIAL. 
 That email constitutes GIO SPRATTLING in Contract Default, as he states, within the first week.
 He ignored the fact, that DFW CEDAR CONSTRUCTION, and the Excavator, reduced their fees, lawful and earned compensation from over 2,000.00 in rock time, to his demanded budget of 1500.00.
 But that was not enough!
 
Gio then tries to use the clause, no extra work without a change order. WHAT A MORON.
 Essentially stating, contractor may have additional rock fees, but he did not get a addendum signed for the additional rock dig fees to achieve the 6' depth demanded.

 
THIS IS WHAT WE WERE DEALING WITH THROUGHOUT! THUG! CHISELER! MANIPULATOR!
 
HE does not get the fact that in my email to him, I framed the facts,
#1 we stopped at 5' depth to save him money. 
#2 To continue he would have to compensate.
 He also does not get the fact, that Rock Fees for excavation, are not EXTRA and ADDITIONAL Work.
 It Clearly states, that ANY EXCAVATION performed on the Pool Project is a PART of the Pool Project.
AND if any of that excavation takes place using tools outside of Normal Excavation, he agrees to pay 250.00 per hour until its depth is achieved.
 NO REQUIREMENT FOR A PRIOR CONTRACT ADDENDUM.
 GIO, DID THE ADDENDUM FOR THE INITIAL 1500.00 require your authorization BEFORE the pool was dug in solid rock?  NO.  WHY? Because its outlined IN BOLD on the front of the agreement. And on the back of the agreement under Buyer responsibilities.
 Let me say it one more time for the simpleton, EXCAVATION of the POOL is not ADDITIONAL WORK.
You see, to put an in ground pool in, we have to dig a hole. AND, if we dig that hole, and it has ROCK, a ADDITIONAL FEE OF 250.00 per hour until depth is achieved in to be paid by the BUYER.
 
 ALSO, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF THE PUBLIC JURY, please take note of GIO SPRATTLINGS use of MISDIRECTION and OMISSION to hide the truth of his Breach of Contract in the first days of this project. By not responding to his early demand the EXCAVATOR pay to repair his sprinkler system.
Because, again, this deadbeat had no problem having working people and their companies actually pay for a portion of the Luxury of a swimming pool for his family.

 Gio, I will make the arrangements I decide to make, with no obligation to explain or prove to you whos... is bigger. Really, you may need to see a counselor over that obsession.

 Concerning paying you the judgement, its real simple. Before its over, you will owe me 20x that amount, because, we will never agree to a settlement at the courtroom door, we will drag you through the public trial, where you will be identified as the deadbeat, thug, manipulator that you are.
The men who Jack Hammered that rock hole for that additional foot,which took 3 days over 2 weeks, will be there to testify about the hard work they endured, which you speak about requiring a contract addendum to validate the charges earned by achieving the depth. 

 The request for compensation letter was a gesture to reduce the actual earned additional rock dig charges of 4,000.00 to 2,000.00 in such a way as not to have to argue and have a major confrontation with you. Appealing to your sense of fair play. BUT YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF FAIR PLAY.

 The addendum for the 4,000.00 in the court was to be noted, GIO SPRATTLING owes this much.

 And the reason its STILL important, is, your non payment is Cause for DFW CEDAR CONSTRUCTION to cease all work, with no consequence. Again its one of those Terms and Conditions you agreed to in the Contractor Agreement.

 The Judge ignored that, but by reducing your claim, validated the fact it was owed, and further...you did not pay it, therefore, you were in default, (as you were from the first week) which leads to, DFW CEDAR CONSTRUCTIONS decision to cease and desist all work was within its rights under the Terms and Conditions of the AGREEMENT.

 So, keep that good credit rating, and that bank account filled, because we will tap it through a Civil Lawsuit in the Denton County Court of Law, before our 2 years is up. So it will be fairly soon, and we could not be any happier.  Level #2 T.R.C.P. coming at ya!

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#3 Author of original report

Misdirection Scott? Okay.. I'll play along...

AUTHOR: Gio - (USA)

Yes.  Those emails were sent after sitting and waiting for a week *after* the excavation to find out from you what the additional costs were.I agreed to the amount that you verbally stated.  $1500, which is what was listed on the ONLY contract addendum and dated early May 2011.No eluding to the circumstances leading to me dropping you 5 months after the inception of the contract?

Not going to mention the "Request for Compensation" which was communicated as you seeking "understanding" in mid-July?  What was that amount on that?  $2K?  
Not going to mention my concession to the $2K fee a week later because I wanted the pain to be over since we were heading into our 4th month?  A full 4-6 weeks past the "worst case scenario" date of 1st week of June, that you communicated to get me to agree to the contract.

Not going to mention that up until 4.5 months I was STILL trying to get progress done but all you gave me were excuses, and finally said you could have the concrete decking done but I would have to pay the concrete vendor DIRECTLy with a secured cashier's check as an unscheduled payment?

And finally me dropping you at the start of month 5 when you finally admitted that you ran out of money and had no pending projects to siphon money from to put towards my project?

Yeah... you were smart.  Verbal communication with you NEVER responding to a direct email with the exception of your "Request for Compensation" letter.

Like I state.  Your perjury in court with the fabricated ADDITIONAL invoice, without a contract addendum made up AFTER I cancelled the breached contract, was taken into consideration by the judge, and lowered my judgement.  So why the re-hash?

Why, oh why, are you avoiding answering regarding your claims of filing AND winning appeals in your 7 or so evictions between you and your wife?

Why are you not answering related to the filed and DENIED "Pauper's Affidavit" because "Mr. Respectable Business Owner" can't cover the cost of the $15K appeal bond that you claim you'd have won?

Why are you not answering related to ZERO filed law suits against people you claim have victimized you financially?

Why can't you pay American Gunite their ~$6K in one payment but have it structured over 5 payments in addition to your downpayment on the settlement agreement?

Mr. record breaking pool installs... why can't you pay me MY judgement?

I'm sure you'll avoid these statements and continue posting stretches of your imaginary truth.

I'll be following along on Mr. Stum's case against you.  That judgement should be entertaining.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

WRONG AGAIN, DEADBEAT. You really over estimate yourself.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

 DFW CEDAR CONSTRUCTION is an active company. You have done nothing to hurt it, NO THING.

 The website consistently out performs any we have

 DFW CEDAR CONSTRUCTION is a General Contracting firm, performing Patio Covers, Fences, Decks, Sun-rooms, Pergolas and other after market items for the recent swimming pool buyer.
Please call the phone numbers listed,you will get a representative standing by. Ready to build a custom outdoor living area for your summertime enjoyment.

 Not like your swimming pool/storage shed combo. Really not a custom landscape, we offer.

 For anyone interested in seeing the real problem in this situation, just scroll down and read
"Lets Put Up and See if Gio Shuts Up."

 Here you will see the email response from this west coast Know it ALL. they reveal clearly the thug, manipulating, know it all, deadbeat this person really is.

LET HIS OWN WORDS TELL THE STORY!

You see, hes to smart to actually pay for things you other silly, backward, Texans pay for.

Like Rock fees for digging your pool, or sprinklers, broken during the dig of the pool project.

You see, he is a too smart for that, its much easier to lie, manipulate and perjure himself, all the while allowing other people to take the brunt of the special circumstances encountered in His Yard. The contractor and excavator can pay for those issues, so his little girl can have a swimming pool. Please read his remarks, then read the terms and conditions he agreed to honor when he signed the agreement.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

LETS LOOK AT WHAT GIO SPRATTLING AGREED TO vs. what he says he will or wont do. Accept or wont accept.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

Here, we are going to reveal the mutually agreed position on damage to anything in the yard, while the contractor excavates a hole, for the pool, the buyer has requested built.

Lets read it closely now, and compare it to manipulating and menstruating Gio Sprattling.

   
 
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Lets PUT UP, and See if GIO SHUTS UP.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

You people of PUBLIC OPINION, who would make a decision, to use a company or not, because of information spouted on an assassination site like this one, need to look very closely right now.

PLEASE, go over Gio Sprattlings statements throughout this concourse, look at his statements of ignorance to owing monies, look at his refusal to take responsibility for the occurrence, not only after the fact, but before there was any issue, he placed us in a delay position, demanded things unfairly and in Breach of the agreement, but consistently has denied any of this. Went to court, told judge, "I had no knowledge at all of additional rock fees, you see, I paid 1500.00 for rock fees."

True, but his perjury, by omission, had to do with his demand to have 6 ft depth, after 5' was achieved at the 1500.00 extra cost. You see, he could have paid twice that, that day, because the last foot of stone was the hardest. But that was not good enough, he wanted to tell us what he was going to pay, and tell us what depth we would achieve for that money. Basically, forget the Agreements Terms and Conditions, this is a world of what Gios terms and conditions are.
 Make note what he says about the sprinklers too. 


Ladies and Gentleman, THIS IS GIO SPRATTLING. THE BULLY, DICTATOR, MANIPULATOR, PERJURER. 

We start out with an email sent to Gio, explaining the consequences of the excavation, he was not present, out of town, his wife was left to oversee, and make any decisions, and her and I talked to Gio Sprattling on the phone, where he claimed, he would not pay over 1500.00 in extra charges for rock. Period. 

So, I made the decision, to stop at 5' deep. And the excavator and I both reduced the amount that was rightfully owed to us, in order to stay within the 1500.00

 HERE IS THE EMAIL EXPLAINING HOW WE DEALT WITH IT, AND THE OPTIONS FOR PAYING FOR IT. 

(NOTE: Gio Sprattling, earlier in his statements, claimed I lied about the fact he told me, he only got approved for 25,000.00. He claimed, that was not true, because he got approved for a lot more than 25,000.00. Point is, on the day of excavation, he gave a sad story, that, he only got 25k loan approval for the pool, and to come up with an additional 1500.00 for rock fees, was so serious, it could end the plans for this pool project. In essence, DFW CEDAR CONSTRUCTIONS Pools, Spas and Sunrooms, and thier excavator, would have to help pay for this pool, and its rock dig, or the Sprattling family would get no pool. How Sad.
 Simply, this email, and my options to cover the extra expense, were derived from that sad conversation. That sprattling call out for help!) 

Michael Hanson
4/27/11
to Gio 
Gio, we got a rock charge bill, it was for the worst possible, 1,500.00 additional, and we have a 5' depth, so I need some direction, as we are ready to deliver steel and plumb. So here are some options,

#1 We remove the cover, and I credit 500.00, so the additional cost to you is 1000.00, and we cap this expenditure by going with 5' depth. We deliver steel today and install tomorrow.

#2 We remove the cover, and I credit 500.00, so the additional cost to you is 1000.00, plus 250.00 more, making it 1250.00 total additional to you, this would be for me to get a jackhammer and 3 guys to hit the deep end and achieve 6', this method will have saved us another 1000.00+,  from my excavator who would have hit us for 750.00 plus 250.00 per hour with his jack hammer attached to his equipment.
If we decide to go to 6' depth, I will have it achieved tomorrow, and install steel next day.
 
Please understand that ROCK is the only extra expense we could not anticipate, and I want it to be a minimum, so I worked with excavator to leave us with a minimum he could achieve it with.
 
Now, at the end, we will have to bring a sprikler guy in, because 3 valve boxes were hit, so we will have to have a licensed person place those to spinkle back and side yards. I have a independent, as i mentioned during the design meeting, and he is very fair.
So I want you to be aware that will be additional, but is something later on, and we need a bid, I would guess 500.00 -750.00. And paid directly to that vendor.
 
Thank you for your patience, please consider how you would like us best to progress, and let me know, I am all over today, and will act according to your desire. Talk to you soon,   Scott
Gio Sprattling gsprattling@hotmail.com
4/27/11


So I give him the facts concerning the bill, as is, as of the NOW, for the excavation. He had to make some hard decisions on how to come up with that extra money, to cover this expense,
(remember, hes claimed he has no money but what comes out of his pocket, his monthly home budget, to cover this. Because he has claimed to this piont, all he got in a loan, was the cost of the pool. 25k) NOTE: Later on in this forum, he prides himself on claiming he got much more than the 25k for the pool, and in saying so, he reveals a Deadbeat, who had no problem having others help pay to build his families pool.


Gio to Scott 
So...

A $24,500 project is going to cost me $27K to DO what we agreed to originally?

The excess amount for not even putting on the "Rock claw" and NOT hitting the depth?  You've got to be kidding me!!!

This is outrageous and I'm very annoyed at the additional expenses.  It isn't my fault the excavation company hit the sprinklers. 
Precautions should've been taken to avoid it.  It isn't my fault that the excavation company spent excess time and didn't even hit the target depth, and I'm getting billed for that excess amount?  Although I can understand *some* of the change in cost for the rock.  But I'm not making any concessions on the deal that was originally agreed to.  Including the depth.  The guys are billing for the "worst case" for the rock, and you stated that they'd hit target depth.

To get it to the target depth, I expect you to take care of it.  Its not my problem.

In terms of the cover, that was AGREED and part of the deal.  I *only* agreed because of that flexibility in the deal.
As for the sprinklers.  I spoke on that already.  No precautions taken, not my problem but something you should work out with the excavations company.

I can see coming up another $1500.  But I will not go $1 higher and I expect to receive what was agreed to in the plan!

CALL ME.



Respond to this report!
What's this?

#7 Author of original report

You are full of excuses... prove me wrong by linking PUBLIC records...

AUTHOR: Gio - (USA)

Every one of your rebuttals continue to include outright lies and excuses.

If *I'm* the one posting wrong information, post the links to all of the appeals that you claim you filed and sorted out... Those would be public records.

Also, if so many people have cheated you... why is there not a SINGLE lawsuit that you filed against them?

AND, if you agreed to a settlement with American Gunite a year ago, WHY oh WHY did you not handle it until they filed a lawsuit 3 months ago?

As well as you being a "successful pool contractor", why oh why can you not handle making payments for things $15K and less?
-  Pauper's Affidavit in replacement of an appeal bond of $15K on the judgment of $7,700 that I won against you.  Had to claim you were 2+ months behind on your business and personal bills.  Where's your *truthful* rebuttal on that?

- Owe American Gunite $4.5K + about $1,700 in attorney's fees.  Why structure it based on one up front payment of 20% and 5 more future payments due within the next 12 months?  Only can handle a little over a thousand dollars at one time?

Mr. successful and doing a record amount of pools.  Can't handle that small amount of payment?

As for you filing a lawsuit against me... MORE hollow threats.  IF you really had a leg to stand on, you would've appealed.  The fabricated invoice you provided in my case was heard and the judge took that into consideration.  Otherwise I would've won the $9.7K I was seeking.  You failed to appeal, so that is $$ owed to me.  

So in the end, you are spouting more BS.  I WELCOME the day you try to file a suit against me, and any others that you claim owe you money.  The "white collar criminal" you reference that cheated you out of $32K.  If that were true, a "respectable business owner" would've easily filed a suit.  You not even attempting to file a suit shows me, AND the PUBLIC, that you're either making it up, or leaving out a LOT of truthful information.

As for assets, who in today's day and age, would pay rent CONTINUOUSLY instead of buying a home outright?

If you're doing so well, I guess it should be easy for me to collect on the $$ you owe me.  I won't hold my breath.

So go ahead and continue with your lies.  I have no fear of you, and your LIMITED financial resources.

Shall I post a copy of the Pauper's Affidavit for the public to see?

So PUT UP or SHUT UP.  I've got no problem doing so...
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gio Sprattling says it, does not make it so.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

Well, where to begin.
  #1 The evictions are legal protection afforded tenets, and for you to somehow speak of them as a disparaging event is simply your worthless opinion. Fact is I managed each eviction professionally, argued my case in court, and appealed decisions in some cases, and won a couple cases. You did not mention those.
 #2 Issuance of a bad check is like a speeding ticket, the lowest offense on the scale. And when you have been SELF EMPLOYED as long as I have, since 1986, and as I have, wrote over  4 million dollars in checks, I would say the records pretty good.
Lets see,  26 years, over 4 million dollars dispersed.  2 issuance of a bad check offense.  Not a Bad record.
Why did you not mention the multiple  cases I have defeated.
 Assets... well I got 25,000.00 from you. But it was not a scam, We did everything except your electrical and deck. ON RECORD via Fort Worth Building Inspections.
 American Gunite and I had agreed last year of this resolution, I had no problem going to court, your cancelled checks will not explain away the Under Oath Testimony of the 3 Men who did the additional rock dig, totaling $4,000.00 in legitimate rock time excavation, that you still owe. Will they? Or can you explain away their blood, sweat and tears?
I dont think so, and it will be a pleasure to file suit, before my 2 years is up, and drag you through a County Court of Law for maybe 2 years. In a case, you will ultimately never win. Because you violated the Contract. You defaulted on the rock dig fees.
I Need American Gunite? No not really. we are building multiple pools, and will build a record number this year. We have 3 gunite providers at this point, and want American Gunite in the mix.
As for the home owner who paid my son, it was his company. That is why it was paid to him.
And that man owed another 8k when his foundation was poured, and refused to pay it. He also lies in the complaint, that the company received 11k for no work done. He knows we performed, we removed 10,000lbs of concrete walls and steel. And its ON RECORD via the sub contractor who was paid to do it. So, really we cant wait for our day in court. Its a weak case.
Fraud, never, you are the only fraud. And you know it. 
I think that most people who read this will realize the truth, that when a person has a weak case, a weak position, they attack the person. Like evictions, tickets. 
You dont have a clue, I create wealth, employ people, drive this economy as a medium sized business, while you are a lackey employee. When you run a business for over 3 days, talk to me then.
Our name changes?!? 
Well, hmm?!?
First, I had a Custom Deck and Fence company for 5 years. RSH Designs. 
Expanded, and
Second, I had a General Contracting business, HANSON HOMES for 13 years. Where I did all the after market construction items for 3 Blue Haven Offices, approx. 15 salesman, 50k per month.
In 1999, After a brief Pool Sales job where I was second leading salesperson with Platinum Pools, with 45 pools sold, this  from a company who had no pools in the ground, after which I decided to Open my own pool company.
2001, built 40 pools the first year.
2002, on the way to another great year, but a cockroach, like yourself, got into my pocket by defaulting on a 30k pool/spa, to be paid on completion. My fault, for trusting a preaching, Christ evoking, golf course, country club white collar criminal.
So, we changed our name, due to the damage his actions caused to customers, who were consulted, were unhappy, but understanding, pools were completed with the least pain possible.
Then, we changed our name, in a partnership, which did well until the partner, contracted prostate cancer.
So, we began again, and that is the American Way. 
You, again, frame the circumstances in a FALSE LIGHT. You are a deadbeat. Its simple.
 The 3 men who did the additional rock dig, you have never paid for, are not going away. They relish the day to testify to this fact in a Court of Law, where your bullshit will end abruptly.
Good Credit? I hope you keep it that way, means I will eventually get paid.
 Be patient, You will get the opportunity, to finally make good on that,
 Custom Pool/ Storage Shed, combo,
you have back there. I mean, you speak as though you are a morally and even more funny, financial superior, when, really, its funny, I mean Get real, you are a real cheese ball. You speak from this self importance type elevated platform of convoluted self determined fact-ode circumstances, about me and my past, you think you can erase my 25+ years of building in DFW, with some silly public records, and your weak minded assumptions, while all the time, you and I, and the 3 who did the work, know the real truth.
 You are a walking, talking lesson for buyers of home improvements, of what not to do.
 You Wieseled your way out of paying for the original agreement concerning rock fees, then you micro managed the project, demanding more depth, and how much you would pay. This resulted in a 3 week delay, at the beginning of the job, which then resulted in a prolonged construction timeline, where your constant promises to pay the additional you owed, but never doing so, prolonged it even further, you screamed, threatened and ended up being really pissed and vindictive because you had no levridge to force me to continue without payment.
  You chiseled your way out of paying for the agreed rock dig fees, which you agreed to when you signed the contractor agreement. And when we get you outside the courtroom door, you will settle. 
And we will continue doing what we do. Build.

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#9 Author of original report

Here are the evictions and then some.. as promised...

AUTHOR: Gio - (USA)

As promised, here is list of public records showing evictions against, Ronald, Ron, Scott Hanson & Tammy, Tamela Hanson.

Evictions:
Collin County:  http://apps.collincountytx.gov/cccasesearch/Search.aspx

Case #:  031EV080061601
04/23/2008  Algonquin Properties v Ronalds Scott Hanson & Tammy

Case #:  032EV080022301
12/20/2007  Algonquin Properties v Ronald Hanson

Case #:  010EV070033901
02/19/2007 Double A. Realty v Ronald Scott Hanson
Default judgment due to no-show.

Case #:  021EV050015101
06/10/2005  Stephen Leidy v Ronald Hanson

Case #:  031EV040083901
07/13/2004  Valarie Martinico v Ronald & Tamela Hanson

Denton County:

http://justice1.dentoncounty.com/PublicAccess/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1047705
Case #:  F04-1172J6
09/17/2004  Trinity Oaks v Ronald Hanson & All Occupants

Other  cases:

Case #:  0068441308
06/05/2008  State of Texas v Hanson Ronald Scott
Issuance of Bad Check on 1/26/2008
Pled Guilty 3/10/2011 sentenced to 90 days Probation/Community Service

Case #:  0069023708
12/23/2008  State of Texas v Hanson Ronald Scott
Issuance of bad check on 1/14/2008
Plead Guilty 3/10/2011

Case #:  3800074199
05/14/1999  Wylie ISD v Tammy Hanson Et Al (Scott Hanson)
Judgment due as of 5/21/2012 - Unpaid $221

You are full of excuses and lies Scott.

As for being a "punkish thug" and "whiny brat", okay... that's the first time I've been called that, but your name calling doesn't bother me.

You've yet to answer about why you need to change your business name so often.  What?  4-5 times in last 10 years?  Signs of a good business owner.  Its akin to scammers that shut down their offices, change their name, and start business under a new name.  Except in your case, you don't have an office, but a PO box in some retail strip.

Funny how you say I perjured myself.  I'm not the one that walked into court with a fabricated INVOICE for a made up amount dated 3 weeks after I dropped you.
I'm also not the one that tried to file a "Pauper's Appeal" because I couldn't afford a $15K bond.
And I'm also not the one that doesn't have any assets to speak of to my name.  

I pay my debts.  I have perfect credit.  Which is why I've yet to have a lawsuit filed against me... Oh wait! I forget about the Gunite Company that named my wife and I as co-defendants along with you because YOU failed to pay them ~$4.5K out of the $24K+ funds you scammed me out of.
And because I'm such a deadbeat, I filed a response WITH an attorney with ALL of the EVIDENCE showing that 100% responsibility was on YOU.  And that's why you are agreed to settle with them.

Fact of the matter is, if you had a case, you'd have went to court and have the court decide if I was in the wrong.  But that didn't happen.  So... YOU settled to pay YOUR debt to the Gunite company.  Interesting how the agreed settlement is structured. They get payment over the next 5 jobs?  What?  Burned so many gunite companies that you had to make amends to American Gunite?  Whatever...

So go ahead and keep on lying.  Its your habit.

Oh yes.  I almost forgot about yet another scam victim.
https://odyssey.tarrantcounty.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=4655104

Tarrant County Case No. JP04-11-SC00006413
Still pending, but I see that not only were you named, but your son was also named.  
I'm glad the attorney used the information I provided to him, in order for you to get properly served.
What's your excuse on that case?  Scamming the guy out of $8K+ for construction materials that were NEVER delivered?  Had him make the check out to your son Michael.  Now both of you are listed on the lawsuit.  

Sooner or later, you will get caught in a criminal fraud case, and you will get what is coming to you.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

TIME WILL TELL

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

Gio, your are such a DEADbeat punkish thug, who had to perjure yourself to get a Justice of the Peace judgement. 

Get this straight partner, we are not done.

We will file suit in a real COURT OF LAW, where your perjury will cost you your freedom.
Where your whining wont effect the ELECTED Justice of the Peace.

You have NO CASE in LAW.

You have a case in WHINE. Who is the one who refused to pay for additional ROCK DIG?

Oh, but that's where you separate from REALITY, and start to justify your THEFT OF SERVICES rationale.

Ladies and Gentleman of the public, Please fell free to go look at DFW CEDAR CONSTRUCTIONS youtube page, of the Pool Being Dug in Ft Worth, rock encountered after the grass was removed.

Gio Sprattling, said if the rock fees where too much, he could not build the pool.

So instead of honoring his commitment on the contractor agreement to pay for the rock dig time, which in reality was 250.00 per hour x 9 hours, that is 2500.00.

But, you see, he refused to cut the Excavation check as we started, instead, with holding his payment obligation as he cryed that the rock fees could end the project before it started.

He said, I can pay 1500.00, and thats it! So we agreed. We gave a little and went on.

But, little brat Gio, was not satisfied. The excavator stopped at 5' depth. To Go Further, would include 750.00 charge for jack hammer, and rock time till it completed job. DFW Cedar Constuction stopped at 5 ft.

But Gio, comes in from out of town, and demands 6'. We have email that explains, we will in good faith achieve 6', but it will be 750.00, really, no way to know. 3 men Jack Hammered rock for 3 days, pulled a 8 yard pile of rock from the hole, and this PUNK, THUG, WANNA BE, PERJURER, DEADBEAT, cannot show any of you out there in Public Opinion land, evidence that he did.

Now, for those Dallas and FT Worth residences who have built a pool, and hit rock, and ACTUALLY paid 5k more, or 10k more, please forgive Gio for his DEAD BEAT mentality and Actions, he is from the West Coast where they are smarter and more sophisticated, where they can lie to a Court, and Whine that they were the victims, and get a Justice of the Peace to SPLIT the judgement.

Funny, how these West Coast sophisticated individuals think. Their state is bankrupt. Like Nevada, their way of doing things seems to fail in spades.

The evictions you note, are business evictions, and evictions due to a German Shepherd that my family had for 13 years, and he was violent, and I fought demands to get rid of him, leading to evictions, where I withheld payment, appealed the evictions to higher courts, where I made those Landlords  who would rather Dictate than Negotiate, to pay out their nose for their 1 way actions.

Let me explain, Jr., the same court you went to, to beg your grievance, is the same place where a perfectly Legal Practice for a tenet to get his day, is an Eviction. An appeal of an Eviction. A period of time where a Dictating Landlord has No Power over his property, its called Tenet rights. So you see,
you are a ignorant hypocrite to speak disparagingly about an established legal remedy that is set forth to protect a consumer.
 
Now, to explain fully, you know we are going to pay the gunite debt, that we withheld, to cover your rock dig excavation. Why? So we can come after you for the rock fees, the default of the contractor agreement, and the wrongful prosecution of your small claims joke. 

We will make sure you drop 20 - 30k on a lawyer to defend yourself. And in the end, the Truth of what happened, an extended rock dig occurred, that you were aware of, sanctioned, agreed to, and its additional expense, of which you have no evidence you paid, will come out in testimony, and your small claims perjury, will be absent. And you WILL LOSE.

So, Gio, you keep spending that 25.00 public search money, sit around in your underwear, and search me up, because what you will find my friend, is I have no problem going to the Courthouse, and I have no problem defending myself, my actions and my business. And I hope you continue this action, as it will be admissible in a Court of Law, and I hope like Hell, you say something about me or my business that is false, or misrepresented from the facts, because I'll come after you legally for alleged slander and/or defamation so fast, you wont be able to say, Dead Beat.

So, enjoy your brief, perjury inspired, SMALL claims victory. Because it will be short lived. 

By the way, we just dug a $70,000.00,  21 x 43 Swimming Pool for a family, we hit rock, and they PAID for it. What a Concept.

But don't fret Gio, don't feel slighted, you will pay for yours TOO.

Time Will Tell.


Respond to this report!
What's this?

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Same old Same old.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

Darlene, you dont know squat.  You run your mouth for years, if you had a case, WHY DID YOU NOT BRING IT?!?  Because you had, nor have no case.

You did not adhere to the contractor agreement.

You never officially notified us of a flaw, other than the time it took.

You are a joke, a clown, who sucks the tit of a salary.

I have been Self Employed my entire life, have my name on LANDMARK PUBLIC CLASS C POOLS ALL OVER DALLAS.

I simply don't get beat by DEADBEATS, and DEADBEATS don't like to get beat.

I have customers who laugh at you and your cohort, they understand the system, if you had a case you would have made it official. Instead you use a character assassination site.

By the way, there is no bad publicity. Please continue your clownish ranting.


Respond to this report!
What's this?

#12 Author of original report

Still at it Scott?

AUTHOR: Gio - (USA)

Any interested parties, feel free to do a search around the Dallas area counties for PUBLIC RECORDS and lawsuits.  I found a number of cases filed against Scott (Ronald Scott Hanson) and his wife Tamela, for evictions.  I forget off the top of my head, but there were at least 5 in the last 10-12 years.

As for company names, he's since claimed to have shut down "DFW Cedar Construction".  He's now operating under TWO new assumed names:
DFW Viking Pools (Tamela named as Sole Proprietor)

AND

DFW Viking Pool Construction (Ronald named as Sole Proprietor)

Why?  Because he'll continue to burn people and operate under a different company name every few years because he can get away it in the state of Texas.  Although a LOT of what he's done could be interpreted as criminal fraud.

Sooner or later Scott... expect to hear from my attorney on collection for the Judgment against you.
Oh... as another matter of public record, whose case you said you'd appeal, but ended up TRYING to file a "Pauper's Affidavit" and claiming to be 2 months behind on your rent and bills, and unable to cover the costs of the appeal.  Judge did what now?  DENIED!
Mr. "Reliable" and able to run a successful business had to claim excess debt and inability to secure a $15K appeal bond?  Okay then...

I urge EVERYONE to do a background check against Ronald prior to doing business.  Many sites will do it for the cost of $25-$50.  I should've done it.  It would've saved me from dealing with an individual such as him, who is a BOLD face LIAR. 

Last warning Scott.  I've got no issues LINKING public records to show I'm not the one spouting lies.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#13 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Adhere to the contract

AUTHOR: Darlene - (U.S.A.)

HAHAHA!! How do I adhere to the contract when you tell me you spent my last payment on another project and can't afford to finish it?  

Also, who is writing your responses?  Last time we exchanged barbs you were all but ILLITERATE.

You make your living ripping off others.  Try making a honest living for once.  Oh yeah, you did but ripped them off too.  (Yes,  I know that story).  

You have been threatening to take me to court for years.  Do it!!! I think I will pull out some pictures so everyone can decide for themselves.

You knew my salary?  Thanks for the laughs tonight.

Get a life - quit stealing from hard working people.

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#14 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Darlene Maxwell has been proved to be a fraud on this site.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

This women has been responded to in an earlier complaint, where her own statements and complaints are contradictory.

I refer the morbidly interested to this slaughter site, to her original complaint and our response. Where it is pointed out, she contradicts herself, and in general, slants and spins the truth so often, she should have here own Fox News hour.

She is another home owner who chose not to adhere to the Contractor Agreement, wanted to Dictate instead of Negotiate, went to another Pool Company, who shafted her for thousands, for unnecessary changes and modifications to pool plumbing, instead of doing what she agreed to do under the contractor agreement if she had a grievance. 

#1 Make us aware of the issue.

#2 Meet about the issue, and agree on a plan of action.

#3 Give us 30 days to remedy the grievance.

I ask you Darlene, do you have evidence that you did any of these things YOU agreed to do when you signed the contractor agreement?

Of course you do not. Because you violated the agreed Terms and Conditions.

By the way, I have been self employed contractor in Dallas Ft. Worth since 1982, and have been out of the DFW area in that time 18 months. With 25 years plus, Constant, Consecutive, General Contracting business completed the entire time. Work successfully completed for Joe Cates previous owner of multiple, area IHOP, Billionaire owner of Trinity Industries, CEO for Texas Instruments, JC Penny executives,
JMC construction , sub division developers, Developers for Hampton Inns, Marriott Addison, and the list goes on and on. These people and organizations all had 1 major thing in common, they paid their bills, and adhered to the contractor agreement. 

So like usual you are simply a weak minded, apparent liar, who had no legal basis for your grievance, so you come to character assassination sites, and babble about unsubstantiated circumstances, make claims of circumstances and fairy tail concepts which you cannot prove, and like any scorned old woman, lash out at others for your own shortcomings. Its a real sad state of affairs.

I was beat out of 32,000.00 from a man in Desoto, Texas, a Terry Wilkerson, who lives on a Golf Course, goes to work everyday in a suit and tie, in church every Sunday, who proudly, to some degree or another, put his son through SMU with some of my money. All the while he a investment banker for Morgan Stanley in the Addison area. Looked me in the eye once or twice a year for nearly a decade, like GIO, promising to pay, claiming he would pay the obligation as soon as he could, really...every year since 2003, and never makes it good.
But I don't feel it necessarily to dwell on it. I have gone forward. You know how that KARMA thing works, that REAP what you SOW, rule. I leave him to it.

Then I trust another again, and here again, have been burnt, by Gio  perjurer, beat out of the monies he agreed in the contractor agreement to pay for. He agreed in emails to pay, yet, kept making conditions to pay monies he was obligated to pay regardless, as stated in bold, on the front of the agreement, and agreed to.
We did all we could do to leverage him to pay his obligation,  withheld payment to gunite company because of his default.
We brought the emails to a kangaroo court, a justice of the peace, not a COURT of LAW, and the judgement was split.  And that was made possible due to perjury by Gio,  this can be substantiated by emails from his email server communications. The judge saw it, and split the claim. Judge Judy style, 50/50 kinda logic.

We have made arrangements to pay the gunite bill, because it was our fault in trusting deadbeat homeowner to do as he agreed in the contractor agreement.
And we are not DEADBEATS. WE PAY OUR BILLS.

And the Las Vegas issues are non issues, everything I performed in Las Vegas, 8 ultra Custom Pools, were completed under legal agreements with home owners, all 8 gave me POWER OF ATTORNEY to perform in their stead as design/build consultant. All evidences to this fact are a part of the public record, recorded by the Offices of Development in Henderson and Clark County, never to disappear from the recorded records. And these agreements negate any accusation or complaint the contractor board of southern Nevada has.

Oh, and consider genius, (not) ...Darlene Maxwell, she wishes aloud, that the State of Texas should run their business like Nevada, where they are in a multiple and consecutive , perpetual state of high unemployment, stagnation and all around economic depression.
Real Smart Darlene. Real good. Typical irresponsible, lazy, vindictive, low life want to be fascist american, who needs BIG GOVERNMENT to do for them, lead them, control them, think for them.

Honestly, I did like the way a Contractor in Nevada could Lien a property and foreclose on it inside of 4 months if a deadbeat, ripoff home owner did not pay their bills. That was a plus.

But alas, Darlene, This is Texas. Where we don't use the power of the state to monitor, control and second guess ALL business and peoples affairs. In Texas, We depend on adults managing their affairs. And that's why we are in a continual state of economic progress, you see, Darlene,  because... THANK GOD, TEXAS IS STILL A FREE COUNTRY.

Dark lean, I suggest if you don't like Texas, and the way we manage our business, and are "o" so fond,  of Nevada, the fascist police state, interfering, unfair and inequitable economic processes, you should move there.

Texas already tried to control and manage Contractors here, and it failed, because their abusive and intrusive dictates were ignored by business owners IN MASS. The department failed and closed due to lack of funding.
 
And really Darlene, and Gio, you should be thankful. Because on your incomes, both I was privy too,
you could not have afforded a swimming pool luxery, because with government interference and regulation comes inflation, and your low budget plans for a swimming pool luxury, would not cut it in that type of market and environment.

So really, we should all be happy.

Thank you rip off report for the opportunity to set the record straight, and for the free publicity. There is no Bad publicity, right.

Be responding to you soon.
  


Respond to this report!
What's this?

#15 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Typical Scott MO

AUTHOR: Darlene - (U.S.A.)

He has been operating like this for years.  Once he has too many people wanting to file suit, he will skip town for a while then come back and continue ripping people off under a different company name.   I wish Texas has Contractors Boards like Nevada.  Good luck to you!

December, 2006

www.nscb.state.nv.us 

HANSON ADDED TO NSCBS TEN MOST WANTED IN SOUTHERN NEVADA

Ronald Scott Hanson, dba Waterworks Pool and Spa Designs of Las Vegas, has been added to the Nevada State Contractors Boards Ten Most Wanted.

Hanson currently has three warrants issued from Justice Court in Las Vegas for engaging in business or submitting a bid
without a license, unlawful advertising and diversion of funds. Two felony and two misdemeanor charges are pending.

The Special Investigations Unit of the Nevada State Contractors Board is hard at work tracking and citing offenders and informing the public of their rights and responsibilities. To assist in prosecuting illegal contracting, the Nevada State Contractors Board has launched an online Ten Most Wanted. Individuals listed on the Ten Most Wanted website pages are those who have outstanding arrest warrants for unlicensed contracting activity. Contractors and members of the public can go online at www.nscb.state.nv.us and click Ten Most Wanted on the quick-link menu to review suspects profiles. The website includes contact numbers to provide information about the individuals profiled.
-- more --
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#16 Author of original report

Looks like others are in process of filing suit as well...

AUTHOR: Gio - (United States of America)

Tarrant County Case No. JP04-11-SC00006413.

Pending serving to you.  I'll make sure to make my services available as a character witness for them.

As for lawsuits that you plan on filing... I'm patiently waiting.  Still waiting to see at least ONE lawsuit that you filed against people that supposedly cheated you.

As far as an attorney, I'm fairly certain all attorneys will operate on payment up front.  I've got no problem retaining one, so be my guest on serving me.  I'm not hiding behind a PO Box that you can't get served at.

I'm here... not going anywhere. 
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#17 Author of original report

You are a hilarious character Ron. Your hollow threats mean nothing...

AUTHOR: Gio - (United States of America)

I have no fear of a lawsuit from you.  Nor should the "Rockwall" customer have fear of you.
I've read NUMEROUS of your reports and listened to numerous lies from you, regarding you being owed or cheated out of money from various people.  Funny thing is... IF it were true, you and your company would show up in more Dallas area public records civil suits, than the 10 or so EVICTIONS that landlords filed against you.

Truth is, you use the internet as your public forum in order to try to save face.  When you know full well that you are a habitual liar, and know nothing of integrity.  I, as well as plenty others, know why you have had to constantly change your company name.  If you were as reputable as you claim you are, why do you change your company "Assumed" name so often.  I don't think I saw one of your company names last longer than 2 years.

The funny thing is your "act" in court wasn't bought by the Judge you refer to as "Bean".  It was all smiles and charm in the court room as I had to bite my tongue when you spouted ALL of your lies.

As for lawsuits, yes... there'll continue to be "paperwork", except I'll be the one filing.
I've got other bills related to your work that had to be paid to be corrected, that I held off on presenting for a future judgement to be heading my way.

As for the Lien from the Gunite company that you stiffed.  I've learned more about Texas Property code and mechanic's liens than I ever should've, but in the end, I don't have to get screwed by you twice for the same thing.

I'm sure you know Texas Property Codes, and "Perfecting" Mechanic's Liens in the state of Texas.  Funny that your LACK of knowledge actually helped me, and most if not all of your past, current, and future scammees.
You see... as the "General Contractor", in order for a Mechanic's Lien to be valid on a Homestead, the GC has to actually have the Initial Contract *recorded* against the property to protect you and any of your subs that you end up screwing.  So no... I don't have a lien against me.  They filed an "invalid" lien and wisely removed it before I filed suit against them as well.  But you know the Lien is no longer there.  You were sent a copy... or were you in the dark thinking that I actually paid YOUR bill?

So in the end, your posting on here does nothing but continue to solidify the facts of your lying and scamming ways. 

Go ahead.  Post another rebuttal.  I've got plenty of time to link *ALL* of the public records of your EVICTIONS because your 20+ years of experience couldn't keep your head high enough above water to pay your rent.

Also, while your posting your rebuttal, go ahead and post some links to records showing your civil suits against "Dead Beats".  I don't take offense to you calling me a "dead beat".  My credit history is spotless, as I pay my bills.  

Oh... Any curious parties... feel free to call the following:
Latimore Concrete
American Gunite
Prestige Gunite

PS
The Electrician that you used surely won't be a good witness for you.  They've already told me that you are on "Cash up front ONLY" terms because you burned them on a prior job and didn't pay them until you called them in on the job at my house.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#18 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Burning Gunite Companies statement.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

Wrong, partner. I will continue to build Gunite Pools as I have since 2001.

I  speak to Gunite company weekly, and they will support me in my appeal of your case.

We have HAPPY CUSTOMERS with DFW CEDAR CONSTRUCTIONS, pools, spas and sunrooms.

They support us with great references as we roll on.

Your dishonest testimony as I proved in the Justice of the Peace sham, effected 1 Rockwall customer, and we are preparing a lien for him as he violated his HOLD HARMLESS agreement.

 He like you, don't honer agreements, you kick and scream, dictate the rules, ignore your responsibilities and DEFAME those who refuse to take your shyt.  

 YOU ARE A DIRECT REASON FOR THAT LOSS in ROCKWALL, it will be brought into the case in the appeal or a counter suit. 
I will fight for right to the Supreme Court if I have too. So get ready to bring a real case. Get an attorney. You will PAY, in time and money before this is over.

GIO, You are a deadbeat.

YOU HAVE A LIEN AGAINST YOUR HOME FOR NON PAYMENT. Its there because I refused to pay for something you are responsible for, like the ROCK DIG. You Pay for the ROCK DIG, I pay the GUNITE.

THAT LIEN IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT CONCERNING YOUR DEAD BEAT STATUS.

YOU KNOW YOU OWE THE MONEY FOR THE EXCAVATION TO 6'.

YOUR WIFE KNOWS WE STOPPED AT 5' TO reduce the cost.

You know you demanded 6'. YOU know you OWE THE MONEY. 

And we will prove it in a real court. A COURT OF LAW, not a Justice of the Peace.

And to clear the record;

VIKING POOLS ARE NOT Vinyl pools.

Viking pools are Composite reinforced Fiberglass pools, have thousands of colors, 350 different shapes, lifetime warranty...they are the future.

DFW Cedar Construction Pools, Spas and Sunrooms and DFW Viking Pools will build both Gunite and Fiberglass reinforced Pools and Spas, and there is NOTHING you can do to stop us.

YOU ARE A DISHONEST CRY BABY, DEAD BEAT.

And if we were unable to appeal due to any reason, we will simply counter sue you in a REAL COURT, not a Justice of the Peace. A COUNTY COURT OF LAW. WHERE LAW MATTERS.

So don't count your eggs before they hatch. 

This fight has only just begun.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#19 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Judge Roy Bean court means nothing!

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

Sorry, Gio, means nothing. We are talking about a Justice of the Peace whos court could fit into a McDonald playground.

A Justice of the Peace is always going to find for those who vote for him. He is not about LAW.

He also prefaced his Judgement by stating an Old Chinese saying, grey words on paper better than old mans memory. (interpretation: Whats written is important, not testimony about FEELINGS.)

Partner, Justice of the Peace is always going to split the case, 90% of the time find for the party that votes him into office.

He is not a COURT OF LAW, thus JUSTICE OF THE PEACE.  Now we go to the BIG BOYS. COUNTY COURT OF LAW.

Now
, we will get your wife in, under oath, bring the excavator in under oath, the City of Ft. Worth in, electrician, men who did the EXTRA WORK YOU OWE FOR.  We WILL, over the next year or so, run you and your family through a REAL LAWSUIT,
where
, YOU WILL spend REAL time and MONEY on this case.  YOU HAVE WON NOTHING.THE REAL FIGHT BEGINS PARTNER.
And RIGHT IS RIGHT. YOU OWE FOR 6' depth excavation. By not paying YOU ARE in Breech. 

COUNTY COURT OF LAW, is about the law. CONTRACT LAW will be upheld. 

TIMELINE will be proved to be within the CONTRACT TERMS.

EXCAVATION CHARGES WILL BE FOUND VALID.
IT HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN.

Get ready for rems of paperwork, time and money, because the fight has just begun.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#20 Author of original report

Case heard in front of Denton County Judge - "Judgement for the Plaintiff"

AUTHOR: Gio - (United States of America)

As of December 5th, the case has been heard in the small claims court of Denton County, Precinct 4, Honorable Judge Hand.
Case No. C11-588J4

12/05/2011
Judgment for Plaintiff (Judicial Officer: Hand, JW)
Judgment of $7,700.00Awarded To: GIOVANNI SPRATTLINGAwarded Against:RONALD SCOTT HANSON D/B/A D/FW CEDAR CONSTRUCTION POOLS, SPAS, AND SUNROOMS


------------------------------------

Now I'm sure Mr. Hanson will serve another rebuttal full of false statements.  He'll most likely claim that he's sending this in to appeal, but I doubt he'll be able to come up with the ~$15K Bond to post in order to request the appeal.

Any of you in process of dealing with him... be wary.

Companies that have contacted me due to failure of payment from Mr. Hanson:
American Gunite of Fort Worth
Prestige Gunite (I believe from Fort Worth)

My own opinionated theory, Mr. Hanson is putting all his efforts into selling Viking vinyl pools under his other DBA "DFW Viking".  Probably why he's okay with *burning* the Gunite companies.

**Note:
Above judgement can be found by searching Denton County Public records and referencing the Case # or my last name under Civil courts.






































    DISPOSITIONS
12/05/2011


    Judgment for Plaintiff (Judicial Officer: Hand, JW)





































Judgment of $7,700.00
Awarded To: GIOVANNI SPRATTLING
Awarded Against:RONALD SCOTT HANSON D/B/A D/FW CEDAR CONSTRUCTION POOLS, SPAS, AND SUNROOMS




Respond to this report!
What's this?

#21 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Voice of unreasonable Logic.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

 #1, how can you speculate on my frame of mind or motivations during a negotiated contrat?  Are you a mind reader?
 
Maybe the home owner knew full well what type of yard he had, and thought a small business man could be manipulated, coerced and defrauded out of the extra expense to build the pool.  Maybe the Home Owners Builder told him, "If you build a Pool, Look out, Its solid rock."  Maybe you should not speculate on others motivations, when you have no basis to do so.

 #2 your contention that the contractor could have investigated the property and assesed its compisition, well, sir, that is the home owners responsibility, as outlined in the Contrator Agreement.

The Buyer had 3 days to cancell after signing, and that time could have been used to carry out such an evauluation, and since its in Bold Print on the Front of the Agreement, that a Rock Charge would be his responsibility, I think its more than fair to say, he should have excersized that option and fulfilled that responsibility.

 But again, why make the buyer responsible, its much easier to blame the builder.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#22 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Voice of reason from a buyers point of view, NOT from a business mans point of view.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

Wow, where do I start.   First, Gio stated there was not an agreed upon Contractor Addendum for additional Excavation rock     fees.  Well, Gio and voice of reasonable doubt, there is no need for Addendum concerning rock fees. They are due, period, if they are encountered. No need for a second agreement, it is plain and SIMPLE on the front of the Contractor Agreement.
 
Number two, Gio, we dont work by the hour. Your first payment was for plans and permits. Did you recieve those items? YES.
Second Payment was for Excavation. Did you recieve that? YES.
 

 During excavation, rock was encountered, did you pay the actual time you agreed to on the orginal contractor agreement. NO. Did we try and appease you in this effort. YES. 

After excavation, did you demand 6' depth? Yes. To this late date, have you PAID any of the monies you agreed to compensate for this "Rock Time" on the original contractor agreement? NO
 

After excavation was finally complete, Steel and Plumbing was installed, an inspection by the City of Ft. Worth was made, and passed. Did we perform for those previous payments? YES.
 

Third payment was made @ gunite, not FOR gunite. And was Gunite completed? YES. Did Gio compensate for "additional Rock Time" NO. So, we, RIGHTLYabsorbed this payment for the "ROCK" time WE performed. AND GIO will cover the Gunite because of NON PAYMENT for Gunite.

Forth payment was @ Tile and Coping. Is the Tile and Coping complete? YES. And we went further by setting up deck, our electrician grounded it, City of Ft Worth inspected it, and approved it.
 
Now, we are 2 days from completion for 5 weeks, trying to work out the compensation for "Rock" charges that have been absorbed, leaving the Gunite Payment still due. Did we try and negotiate a reasonable outcome? YES. We were treated like step children who have done wrong. While the person who signed an agreement to compensate runs from his responsibility, denies it, trys to act the victim, attempts to reassign blame. And others encorage him. Only in America.

 Now to answer directly to Voice of unreasonable logic.
 First, your thought, contemplating the contractor could take efforts to investigate the yard for unseen conditions, is actually, a Buyers responsibility, outlined clearly in the Contractors Agreement. The buyer MUST notify the contractor of ANY underground issue. And since it is CLEARLY stated on the FRONT of the Agreement, in BOLD PRINT, it is the BUYERS responsibility to cover ROCK TIME during excavation, then is it not reasonable for the BUYER to do this Home Work in the 3 day RECISSION period after signing the Agreement? Where it allows for CANCELLATION without CAUSE.

Maybe the Buyer was full well aware of the conditions, and thought he found a company he could bully, threaten and manipulate into doing the work for less that a National company. Maybe thats what happened. Maybe his builder told him, if you buy a pool, look out, its SOLID ROCK. Wow, the scenereos go on forever.

How about this one, the Buyer reads his contract, and lives by it like a MAN. Wow! What a concept! I am sure he has laid the blame for this eventuality at others feet, concerning his wife and daughter who have suffered due to his CHEAP PLAN in dealing with a responsibiltiy he KNOWS is his. His Pride continues the suffering, and others chear him on. And that brings us to the unreasonable and Im sure Biased Vioce.

First...HOW, now, to respond to your "Crystal Ball" "Mind Reading" statement concerning our motivations and your speculation concerning a "Low Bid". Do you have a roadside palm reading booth? What do you charge? Your statement concerning my motivations are rediculous, actually...at the very least it is Scurrilous, Reckless, Irresponsible, Juvinile and basically Defamatory. For you to question my motivations, shows you lack any charactor at all. You sound like a Lawyer. Really, now, Be a man, Tell Us, what is your motivation, are you the Other contractor? The Lawyer? A realitive? I am quite sure you are not an un-biased actor.

 And to right your ship some what, no one claimed he had to cover expenses concerning water in the hole, or even the mud and dirt. Only that he must accept that these consequences add time to complete. All, again, outlined in the Contractor Agreement. So when Gio Sprattling goes on in his complaint, that the 6 week date was coming due, he absolutly ignores the fact more time to complete had been assesed due to these eventualities. You See? And it was not a 1 Month job, it was a six week job. And accu weather DONT STOP THE WEATHER!

 And whats dirty and underhanded, are people who try and skirt their agreed responsibility, while screaming the other party should be held strickly responsible, and also when people in the industry try to act like the good guy, the savior, so he might step in and profit from the occurence, and in the end, has the exact same provisions in HIS CONTRACT.

 So I end my comment to you, Voice of Unreasonable Profit from someone else's injury, Dont be a HYPOCRITE! Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.  And if I'm right, I'm sure you will be more than reasonable in priceing the completion of the project. NOT!  But, in the end, Gio deserves some smoke blowing thug, like you. Best Wishes to you both.

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#23 Consumer Comment

Contract or not, seems contractor created a scenario ripe for problems

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

First of all, the contractor is on the man's property, I would assume, before drawing up the contract. How much time, effort and equipment does it take to do preliminary tests on the composition of the yard area to be excavated, so that potential rock issues are known and accounted for ahead of time. That would reduce, if not eliminate, one major headache, and the customer would know from the get go those costs would be part of the job. To not do this makes it look like the contractor deliberately lowballed the expected expenses, afraid perhaps that the customer would not hire them with the rock costs factored into the original estimates. The contractor is the one who knows what he's likely to run into in that region. What do average customers know from rocky ground and whatnot?

Then the delays due to weather and especially the need to drain the excavation after storms. I'll bet the details about such weather related expenses were never discussed. Most folks wouldn't think of these things, but the contractor damn well knows what he's going to face. Accuweather and similar resources exist for the contractor to have a fair idea of what weather disruption is likely over the course of what he said would be a 1 month job. And those costs should have been factored into the original contract, with stipulation that if those conditions caused no issues, then the customer would get the excess payments back. But obviously the contractor preferred to lock the customer in with a lower estimate, feeling free thus to tack on the added costs later.  Perhaps it was legal, since the contract gave him that option, but it was dirty and underhanded, and it got the business a black eye on this site.  And the contractor has no business and probably no legal right, to withhold payment to a vendor because of disputes with the customer related to other parts of the job.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#24 Author of original report

It hards to validate statements on the internet...

AUTHOR: Gio - (United States of America)

Your actions, or lack thereof, speak louder than words.  You verbally said you'd do a LOT of things, but failed to deliver.  Back to my point in original statement related to "bait and switch" and your reference to your contract superseding verbal agreements.

Also, you've yet to answer related to the failure to pay the gunite company when you received payment on the same day of their work.  Which brings me to the Contractors Lien they threatened to put against my home.

Feel free to add additional false information.  I'll update this after the case has been heard and judgment made.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#25 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Continued Half Truths, Denials, Distortions and Omissions.

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

  Again Mr. Sprattling expreses half truths as he makes my point for me.
He reveals DFW CEDAR CONSTRUCTION POOLS, SPAS AND SUNROOMS, absolute attempt to work thru an expensive problem, and instead of saying, enough is enough, lets go forward at the 5' depth that Mr. Gio was not willing to pay completely for,  he was completely at ease with the contractor attempting to achieve 6' depth, which was suggested by the way, attempted because, during a verbal conversation, it was Gio Sprattling's desire he wanted 6' depth.
 
It was agreed that $1500.00 is all you agreed to pay, and you see by the email, we came out in good faith and jack hammered to the desired depth, this fact substantiated by the email you shared, and the fact the pool is 6' deep.

 Case in point, we jack hammered the pool beyond the initial rock dig, and that effort took more than 16 additional hours digging in rock over 6 days. Rain hit the hole multiple times causing the need to, Pumping out water,  "from delay due to additional excavation", "muck out of mud and debriess twice"... simply put... It took more time, It took more money, and you are obligated to pay for it via the contractor agreement YOU signed. 
 
 But you want to look at it through rose colored glasses, I do not believe you will get sympathy from others concerning extra costs you want to ignore, and roll onto your contractor, so you can enjoy a swimming pool. Most people out there, would expect you to cover an expense that you signed a contract stating you would cover, but instead you were fine to let your contractor cover it. Fact is, I never stated you were free from paying for it.
 
 And I'm glad you brought up the sprinkler, which we spent at least 3 service call trips to put back together, get no credit for, spent money on, and its not my obligation to do, because that evil contractor agreement we keep coming back to, explains, its not my responsibility, just like rock encountered during excavation. 

  As well as the fact that verbal agreements do not supercede the written Contractor Agreement.
  We obviously want the project to go by without issues, but when they snowball, and its the home owners obligation to cover the unexpected, the buried, the undisclosed, it becomes an issue, that issue is in the form of an extra cost, to cover contractor loss from something its impossible for him to predict.
 
  It does not seem to bother you when we take a monetary hit, but its everything when you do.
 
  Gio, nobody will have sympathy with a person not willing to pay for what they are getting, and especially when you signed an agreement to be responsible for these occurances.
 
  So, please dont tell me about you trying to work it out, you admit what I said previously, we are in contact to work it out, but to work it out, you must pay for the items you signed an agreement to cover, but you know that so you instead decide to come to a forum like this for character assination, and act as if you are coming from a moral high ground. As I have tried to be as reasonable as I can, while you ignore the fact, I do not have to be, its all covered in the fine print. Pay for what you agreed to, take some responsibility for the delay and extra cost because of a desired 6' depth in solid rock, and this project is complete.
 
 I am very sorry, but the cold, hard, Fact is, your yard cost you more money, and you want me to cover it. And to repeat your statement to me on the morning of 9/1/11, I'm done.
Don't expect anything from us but certified mail and an intent to lien.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#26 Author of original report

Response to Ronald Scott Hanson, who also emails by the name of "Michael Hanson"

AUTHOR: Gio - (United States of America)

Here is a reminder to you related to the email correspondence regarding the excess rock charge of $1500 that I paid:

Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:07:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Pool Project Status
From: dfwcedarconstruction@gmail.com
To: gsprattling@hotmail.com

Gio, we got a rock charge bill, it was for the worst possible, 1,500.00 additional, and we have a 5' depth, so I need some direction, as we are ready to deliver steel and plumb. So here are some options,#1 We remove the cover, and I credit 500.00, so the additional cost to you is 1000.00, and we cap this expenditure by going with 5' depth. We deliver steeltoday and install tomorrow.#2 We remove the cover, and I credit 500.00, so the additional cost to you is 1000.00, plus 250.00 more, making it 1250.00 total additional to you, this would be for me to get a jackhammer and 3 guys to hit the deep end and achieve 6', this method will have saved us another 1000.00+,  from my excavator who would have hit us for 750.00 plus 250.00 per hour with his jack hammer attached to his equipment.If we decide to go to 6' depth, I will have it achieved tomorrow, and install steel next day. Please understand that ROCK is the only extra expense we could not anticipate, and I want it to be a minimum, so I worked with excavator to leave us with a minimum he could achieve it with. Now, at the end, we will have to bring a sprikler guy in, because 3 valve boxes were hit, so we will have to have a licensed person place those to spinkle back and side yards. I have a independent, as i mentioned during the design meeting, and he is very fair.So I want you to be aware that will be additional, but is something later on, and we need a bid, I would guess 500.00 -750.00. And paid directly to that vendor. Thank you for your patience, please consider how you would like us best to progress, and let me know, I am all over today, and will act according to your desire. Talk to you soon,   Scott

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Scott <dfwcedarconstruction@gmail.com> wrote:
Please do not be concerned, all is full speed ahead I did get a bill for rock will work it out

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 26, 2011, at 5:21 PM, Gio Sprattling <gsprattling@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Scott,
> We've been patiently awaiting some type of status for you.
>
> What is the order of events in relation to the pool project, as well as any other problems related to the excavations?
>
> From what was passed on to my wife, I'm concerned.  Please call me.
>
> Giovanni Sprattling

Facts:
Start of project you asked for a $1000 payment to "help with permitting, etc..." which I paid on April 8th.

The excavation was scheduled and I paid a total of $7350 on April 22nd.

You sent your email related to additional rock dig charges and I paid the $1500 on April 30th, when your guys showed up with the "addendum".

Another 3 weeks go by and you are in a position for the gunnite portion of the job, with no other requests of money.  Check of $7,350 paid on May 19th. (**NOTE:  I was notified on July 28th, that the Gunite company was NOT paid for their job, and given notice that a lien was being placed on my property because Scott never paid them)

Another 2 and a half weeks go by and now you say you're ready to start the coping phase.  Cough up another $6,667, check left blank so that you can "distribute money easily".  Check cashed that same day of June 6th.

Coping measurements, order etc... done.  You claim "48 hour turn around".  Your guys deliver coping the following Monday.  Which was June 13th.

August 9th you finally *installed* the coping.

Takes a written request for "project status" and notice of breach before you respond with inaccurate timelines and delays.  Not to mention your letter of "Compensation Request" for $2,000 for work you said you did on your own that was NEVER talked about.  Which clearly states in your contract that you do no additional work without my written approval.

Bottom line Scott, I've paid you 95% of the contract, as well as the additional $1500 rock addendum.

You've left me with 50% work done.  As I said, to Tammy, I was "willing" to work with her.  This original post was after the conversation I had with you, and prior to her call to me today.

I'm stating facts, and have no problem letting a court of law decide the outcome to this "rip-off".

If ANYONE, would like to contact me, feel free to do so.  I've got plenty of pictures/documentation that show the current state of this project, and to back up my statements.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#27 REBUTTAL Owner of company

One Way Logic and the missing Facts!

AUTHOR: Rsh - (USA)

  I come here to defend myself, and my company, and my name, with the facts. I start by thanking the creators of the Rip Off report to have created a venue where people can vent, and say what they wont face to face, and allow a place for the Contractor to defend himself and put All the facts out there, because they tend to be lost in the emotions of most home owners who find themselves in a remodleing mess, usually caused from extra costs not considered in thier budgets.

  This is also to warn other contractors and those who might enter into a contract or agreement with this type of individual and fall into the same trap. A trap where you are expected to fulfill your side of the agreement, while they decide to define, wrongly, clear language,  and then decides what is valid on their side of the agreement.

  He ends his complaint, with, Scott refers to the contract. Because he wants to ignore his non compliance with the Terms and Conditions of that contract, as well as his responsibilities to the contract agreement.
  For one, if rock is hit, homeowner pays more, and agrees to do so. #2, 30 working days is 6 weeks, but subject to change, it IS extended for inclimate weather, rock digs and special orders. We had rain fill the hole up 3 times while we jack hammered rock from it. And then we had record breaking heat, in which a heat advisor day counts for inclimate weather, and thus more time to complete. Also, non payment increases completion time because, we can justifiably stop work.

  So to explain our first Defense claim, I am thankful, you dont have to take my word for this response, those reading can go see the facts for themselves, at youtube: dfwcedarconstruction, and watch the files on Rock Dig. This is Mr. Gio Sprattlings back yard, a pool being dug in solid rock. Now, as with any pool contractor, clearly in the contractor agreement, on the front, in Bold PRINT, it is $ 250.00 per hour to dig in rock, until depth is achieved. The hole took 9 hours to dig to a depth of 5', with the desired depth at 6'. That time alone would be $ 2,250.00. Gio would only pay $ 1,500.00. But that was not all...Gio wanted 6' depth as agreed. Now then, instead of paying the excavator an additional  $ 750.00 to place a jack hammer on his Back hoe, to achieve the depth, he was stopped by the Spratlings at 5' depth and sent away. 
 
   Next day, DFW Cedar Construction was told, in no uncertain terms, 6' depth was desired. So DFW Cedar Construction took 4 seperate days, at unexpected additional time and great expense, to Jack Hammer the bottom of the pool out, during which it rained no less than 3 days, filling the entire hole with water and topsoil. Water was pumped out, so multiple yards of clay, sand and rock could and were removed. We estimate conservatively, we spent 16 hours more on rock dig excavations, for a monatery value of $ 4,000.00 due immediatly on completion, according to the contractor agreement.
If Gio Sprattling had simply paid for what he agreed to pay for in the Contractor Agreement, instead of expecting my company to flip the bill, there would have been NO problems completing this project weeks ago. But its been a constant contest of diversion, he said she said use of mirrors, to smoke screen the real facts in this case, which are clear on youtube, lots more money are due. 
 
  And by the way, it is not the first time a home owner has had to pay 25% more for a pool, and it wont be the last, if you live in North Ft. Worth, South Ft. Worth or North Dallas or Oak Cliff, all areas of potential solid rock right under the grass.
 
  DFW Cedar Construction Pools, Spas and Sunrooms attempted to negotiate this down and continued producing on the job when not obligated to when confronted with non-payment, and as we did go forward, we were promised by Gio Sprattling to pay, when pool was complete, a violation in itself of the Terms and Conditions, extra charges are due immediatly, but in good faith we went forward. There is simply a point where I cannot bankrupt my self so an individual can ignore the facts and his ultimate...responsibility. I like the Sprattlings, they are good people, and I have suffered and sweated this eventuality, but I cannot destroy myself to cover someones self delusion.
 
  The coping complaint, was it took longer than 24 hours to deliver, well, Mr. Sprattling neglected to state in the complaint, it was a special order color, and DFW CEDAR CONSTRUCTION got that coping produced in days instead of several weeks. And did this for no extra charge, because of the ongoing problems with the rock dig charges, we acted in good faith, and are critisized for it.
 
  The Gunite cost was 25% higher, because of the jagged hole from the rock dig. The electrical was more because they dig ditches in rock to the equipment,  this is a consideration in the extra cost of a rock dig, so if we are not compensated, we will withhold payment, and rightly so. Fact is Gio Sprattling felt, he would get away with not paying for the rock dig extra costs, but, in reality, we will hold him to his side of the Contractor Agreement, one way or the other.
 
  We have to this very day tried to reconcile this project, but his aim is not to pay, we clearly know that now, at the site of this weak complaint. And now we will send certified collection letters, and proceed to file our own liens for non payment, and ultimately, his Breach of the terms and conditions regarding rock dig fees, that he has committed.
 
  Thank you for this opportunity to set the record straight. And please, dont forget to examine the youtube vids of this Rock Dig, and if you have a yard with the possibility of rock in it, be prepared to pay for it, or dont do the project.
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.



Ripoff Report Legal Directory