Complaint Review: Room Store

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 22, 2009

• Reported By:Coolidge Arizona
Room Store
1661 S Alma School Rd # 102 Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

The Room Store - Roomstore - The Roomstore Missing parts, customer svc did not send parts, then sent wrong parts Mesa Arizona

My husband and I spent $4,000.00 at the Mesa Roomstore location. We purchased a sectional and a wall unit for the living room. The delivery folks came out and put the unit in place and together (halfway) and we did not realize that the shelves were not in place. No biggie. So, we go to put them in ourselves only to find that the reason they weren't put in place is because the hardware was missing.

The next day, I called the store. They sent me to customer disservice. I called 602-268-1144 and was told my parts would be coming to me via UPS. Two weeks later, I had no parts and a bad attitude. I called them back. I was told "oh, the order for the parts must have been lost." So she assured me the parts would be on the way. A week later (3 weeks in total) a UPS package arrives at my door. Too bad they sent the wrong parts.

AGAIN I call them and this time I demand to speak to the manager. The last two times, he was unavailable and don't you know, he was unavailable again. Imagine that. The girl on the phone told me the parts she sent that were too big were the ones that went to the unit and wanted to know again what was wrong with them. I guess "the parts are too big" was not quite descriptive enough.

She then tells me I cannot return defective merchandise after 3 days EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A WARRANTY and at that point I lost it with her. I am now filing a report with the Better Business Bureau, the AZ Attorney General's office and heck, I might even stand on the sidewalk and chase away all their business this week since my husband and I have a few days off.

I think it is reprehensible that they do not stand behind their products, their warranty, or customer satisfaction. Conveniently, management is never available to discuss problems. We strongly advise against shopping with the Arizona Roomstore. It is a separate entity from the rest of the Roomstore locations in the country. I'm sure there is a good reason for that. Perhaps the other locations throughout the U.S. do not want to be associated with such a shabby outfit. BUYER BEWARE!

Cheri
Coolidge, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Room-Store/Mesa-Arizona-85210/The-Room-Store-Roomstore-The-Roomstore-Missing-parts-customer-svc-did-not-send-parts-472313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Room Store