Complaint Review: RoomStore Furniture

• Submitted: Sat, May 03, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, May 03, 2003

• Reported By:Alexandria Virginia
RoomStore Furniture
440 Plank Road Fredericksurg, Virginia U.S.A.

RoomStore Furniture Poor customer service fraudulent ripoff business Fredericksurg Virginia

I will preface this complaint by stating the Staff at RoomStore Furniture was very professional and accomodating when I was in the store, it's the service afterwards that wasn't.

I was relocating from Florida to the Northern Virginia area and decided to purchase a new living room outfit. I looked at several stores and like what I saw at RoomStore and it was affordable. I paid half up front and placed the remaining balance on credit. I purchased the furniture about two months before I wanted delivery. This is where things get interesting.

The delivery was on time, but what I received was upsetting. I purchased a full living room outfit: Queen sleeper sofa, love seat, storage trunk coffee table, two end tables and two lamps. What I received was a sofa with no legs, torn fabric (which was fixed with a staple gun as I sat there!), a damages coffee table (all four corner crushed and a unfinished stop on the top that was the size of a half dollar - and this came out of a box?), two end tables that were fine and two lamps - WITH NO LAMP SHADES. The delivery personnel dropped the goods off and told me to contact the store and left.

I called the toll free number and I was told that they didn't know where the legs were, lamp shades were out of stock and that they can replace the coffee table in October, it was delivered in July! The torn fabric was as a result of the sofa being placed on carpet and slid around by delivery personnel.

Why would any company not deliver a complete, flaw free, new furniture to a new customer that gave them several months to get the order ready? What kind of product are they selling - I'll tell you what kind, CHEAP!

I will NEVER buy furniture from them and will not recommend them to anyone. What a nice way to say "Welcome to the neighborhood". I hope RoomStore Furniture does something to improve there product, if not, I hope they go bankrupt. Poor excuse for a furniture store, you spend $3000 and get a damaged, incomplete order that takes months to correct. They should pay me to use their furniture. If I wanted scratch and dent furniture I would have gone to a scratch and dent store.

Michael
Alexandria, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2003 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RoomStore-Furniture/Fredericksurg-Virginia/RoomStore-Furniture-Poor-customer-service-fraudulent-ripoff-business-Fredericksurg-Virgini-55550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RoomStore Furniture