Complaint Review: Roommate Express (.com)

• Submitted: Thu, April 01, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, April 01, 2010

• Reported By: Bob — Ventura California United States of America
Roommate Express (.com)

Roommate Express (.com) Dan Ross Misuse of credit card Internet

My experience with Roommate Express indicates that they are a substandard company with the ethics and morals of an ally cat!

Roommate Express contacted me by phone after I advertised in the local paper for a roommate. They said they would providequalified referrals who were either exactly or very close to what the client was looking for in a roommate. I agreed to their service and they charged my credit card $49.00 on November 8, 2009. I gave them information about myself and the room which they posted. This info had many errors that I tried to get them to correct numerous times but they never did.

They sent me a list of names that I was to call, on Nov 9 and again at my instance for a new list, on Nov 17, 2009.The two list were identical: 23 names, some had no phone numbers, most specifically wanted rooms in West LA, Hollywood or Santa Monica. None of the people wanted a room in Ventura. They were in LA County, 2 to 3 hours driving time one-way, from Ventura and a long distance call from Ventura County. This info was all that Roommate Express ever sent to me and it was useless to me, of no value whatsoever.

Following numerous complaints by me, Roommate Express said they had names for Ventura County they would send me. I never received it. If they had names why didn't they send them, if they did not have names, why did they say that they did?

Communication with Roommate Express was always difficult and frustrating. They gave out no street address and typically did not answer their phone.

I contact my credit card company to cancel the $49.00 charge. It was then that I first became aware of the Roommate Express Client Service Agreement which claimed they never refunded money. After a detailed dispute, the credit card company ruled in my favor.

Shortly afterwords, Roommate Express charged my credit card twice for $49.00, on March 10 and again on March 18, 2010. According to other Web reports, this is not the first time that Roommate Express charged someone's account with card numbers they hold, apparently hoping they will get paid by an unsuspecting cardholder. The credit card company advised me not to pay and they opened another account with a different credit card number for me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2010 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roommate-Express-com/internet/Roommate-Express-com-Dan-Ross-Misuse-of-credit-card-Internet-588389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roommate Express (.com)