Complaint Review: Roommate Finders

• Reported By: Carmen — Harbor City California United States of America
Roommate Finders
15675 SW 84th Terr, Miami, FL 33193 Miami, Florida United States of America

Roommate Finders Non-responsive to calls or emails Miami, Florida

On January 5, 2013, I contacted Roommate Finders through the internet in order to find someone to rent a room in my condo.  I sent an email and was called back, after a  couple of days, and spoke to someone named Susie.  I decided to use this type of service because they supposedly screen people's backgrounds and try to find a good match according to the criteria I provided.  The questions seemed comprehensive enough and I decided to try them.

I was asked for a payment of $85 which I paid on my credit card.  I was told I would be contacted soon.  Several days later I received, in the mail, some brief information and a receipt for my credit card payment.  I was advised to call them on a Monday between 3 and 5 p.m. which I did.  I did speak to Susie who rushed me off the phone and said she would be in touch.

I have not spoken to her or anyone else since.  It is now January 22, 2013, I have left at  least 3 messages and I have received no response.

I feel now that I have been scammed by this company, or if nothing else, they are a lousy company and do not come close to representing what they state in the advertising on their website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roommate-Finders/Miami-Florida-33193/Roommate-Finders-Non-responsive-to-calls-or-emails-Miami-Florida-1001445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roommate Finders