Complaint Review: Rooms To Go - Household Bank

• Updated: Thu, May 22, 2003

• Reported By:stanley North Carolina
Rooms To Go - Household Bank
4315 E. Independance Blvd. Charlotte, North Carolina Angola

Rooms To Go - Household Bank cant find account info but sends late statements for payments not even DUE. victimized many consumers Charlotte North Carolina

I opened a RTG account in 1998. Of course the 12 mo no payment no interest. I only bought $800 worth of merchandise. about 1 month after I got the account, I got a letter in the mail stating I was 60-90 past due. WHAT? I just got the furniture a month ago. So I called RTG and got the run around between them and HHB who couldnt ever find my account info, or what the problem was because my account showed in good standing to them. So someone please explain this to me.????

I had to call every single day for 3 months, before they updated the credit bureaus that I was not late.
THEN....When I paid the balance on the account which was $489 I let them draft the money straight out of my bank account, and I was told that once the payment posted the account would be closed and I would recieve a letter stating the account is paid in full and closed.

I have yet to recieve this letter. I have called both companies over and over and over, but I get passed around, and told what I want to hear, and nothing ever happens. Now I have a collection agency calling me still!!! I explained that they had bad info from Houshold and this account was paid. I was told they NEVER closed my account, and its all INTEREST!!!

Barbara
stanley, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2003 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-To-Go-Household-Bank/Charlotte-North-Carolina/Rooms-To-Go-Household-Bank-cant-find-account-info-but-sends-late-statements-for-payments-57952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms To Go - Household Bank