Complaint Review: Rooms To Go

• Submitted: Fri, August 08, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, August 08, 2003

• Reported By:Lake Mary Florida
Rooms To Go
State Road 436 Altimonte Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Rooms To Go, Inc. Florida Rooms To Go Sells Garbage and calls it furniture. ripoff Altimonte Springs Florida

A little over a year ago, my wife and I purchased a kitchen set from Rooms to Go. When it arrived it was chipped but I overlooked it and assumed normal delivery bumps etc.

Last week, a year and a half after purchase, the cast metal chair I was sitting on collapsed; I was hurled into my kitchen wall and the broken chair created a huge whole in it.

The cast metal had snapped right at the top of the leg. We went to Rooms to Go with the chair but were told we needed to have someone come to the house to make a report. A week later, a "service technician" shows up. When asked what he would do about situation, he said write a report and indicate the chair was broken...duh?

Got a call a week later from Rooms to Go that curtly told us we didn't take out an extended warranty on the $600 set so we were out of luck. The set is no longer made so we can't even buy another chair. I intend to deliver the other three chairs to the store myself and throw them out of my vehicle in front of their doorstep on a busy Saturday afternoon...total ripoff!

Lake Mary, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2003 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-To-Go/Altimonte-Springs-Florida/Rooms-To-Go-Inc-Florida-Rooms-To-Go-Sells-Garbage-and-calls-it-furniture-ripoff-Altimon-65462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms To Go