Complaint Review: Rooms To Go

• Updated: Fri, April 12, 2013

• Reported By: KrisB — Texas
Rooms To Go
2220 W Grapevine Mills Cir, grapevine, Texas United States of America

Rooms To Go Couches cave in, they offer false promises to fix it but never follow through grapevine, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Rooms To Go Response

*Author of original report: Rtg

*UPDATE Employee: Rooms To Go

I purchased a couch/love seat set in January 2012. By January 2013 the springs on one cushion of the couch were popping loose and the cushion was caving in when anyone would sit. I called the customer service department and had 1 or 2 days left on my warranty. They said they'd send someone out and because I called before the warranty was up any issue would be dealt with.

A guy comes out & puts the springs back in and tells me they'll give me a call in 2-3 days with a permanent solution. 3 weeks go by and we get no call. By this time, more springs are loose, so I call. The person on the phone acted surprised that I hadn't received a call or any further resolution. They said the rep who came to my house said the issue was closed! Obviously not since I'm practically sitting on the floor if I sit on my couch! A new rep comes out, says that it's "a safety issue and needs a better fix".

He takes photos, has me sign paperwork, and promises someone will call. Big surprise, 2 months later NOBODY from RTG has called me and the couch is caving in again. My husband & I have a milk crate shoved under the cushion so we can sit and not sink in 12 inches. I plan to spend tomorrow on the phone attempting to deal with this, but don't expect much. In 4 months I've been given the run around & quick fixes that lead me to believe the couch is garbage & they have no way to truly fix it. That or they just don't care. They got my money, why bother keeping me happy?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2013 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-To-Go/grapevine-Texas-76051/Rooms-To-Go-Couches-cave-in-they-offer-false-promises-to-fix-it-but-never-follow-through-1041562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms To Go

Rooms To Go Response

AUTHOR: Brandon - ()

Hi Kris. We have found your other correspondence and that contact has been established. We do apologize that it was not favorable. The determination was that the damages were caused by neglect and unfortunately is not covered under the warranty. Again we apologize for the disappointment and hope to better serve you in the future.

Rtg

AUTHOR: KrisB - ()

I've already done that. It was the first place I complained. Nobody has bothered to respond.

Rooms To Go

AUTHOR: Ashley Campbell - ()

Hey Kris! Thanks for contacting us. I would be happy to look into this matter for you. Can you send me your order info to Tellus@Roomstogo.com?