Complaint Review: Rooms To Go

• Reported By: Monica — Saint Petersburg Florida United States of America
Rooms To Go
7035 US 19 N Internet United States of America

Rooms To Go defective, peeling, "leather" couch, Internet

*Author of original report: peeling leather couch from room to go

*UPDATE Employee: Rooms To Go

I bought a leather sectional couch from Rooms To Go.  After barely three years, the so called "leather" started peeling off. I called the store where I purchased the sectional and was directed to the call support center.  I was told that because it was after the 3 year warranty, there was nothing that could be done.

This damage is a result of defective material. The couch was advertised and sold to me as leather, which is misleading.  I have a leather couch in another room that has lasted over 12 years with no issues. The rooms to go couch is NOT leather...it's some type of plastic/synthetic material which is now peeling off and flaking.

It is frustrating that I have paid over $1,000 for a couch that hardly lasted 3 years.  Customer service has been no help. Potential buyers beware!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-To-Go/internet/Rooms-To-Go-defective-peeling-leather-couch-Internet-992474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms To Go

peeling leather couch from room to go

AUTHOR: Monica - ()

I submitted a report regarding a defective, fake leather couch that I bought from rooms to go.  I received a response from the company and was advised to send in the order information and some pictures.  I was given an email address to respond.  It took me a little bit to track down the order information and when I responded to the email, the email bounced back as a bad address.  I am posting the entire thread on this site with the hopes that someone from rooms to go will actually respond.

This is the email I tried to send:

Attached is the information you requested.  Below is the thread including my post followed by your response:

response:

Tellus@Roomstogo.com.

Rooms To Go

AUTHOR: David_RTG - (USA)

Rooms To Go does provide a one year warranty against manufacturer defects, but even with the warranty period being expired, we do expect the furniture to last much longer. If you would like to send us an email with your order information along with some pictures showing the problem and overall condition of the piece, we can take a closer look at the situation to see if there may be any other options available for you.  If so, please email this information over to us at Tellus@Roomstogo.com.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC