Complaint Review: Rooms To Go

• Submitted: Fri, November 23, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By: Amir — HOUSTON Texas U.S.A.
Rooms To Go
12450 Southwest Fwy stafford, Texas United States of America

Rooms To Go warranty and extended warranty is a waste of money stafford, Texas

*Author of original report: tellus@roomstogo.com Chad Parker Customer Relations

*Author of original report: tellus@roomstogo.com

*UPDATE Employee: Rooms To Go

I bought a $2000 set from their store in February 2012.the sales man got me to buy extended warranty and explained it will cover absolutely everything.so I paid an extra $200 for three years extended warranty.by October 2012 the leather is coming apart and tears are on the sides/back of the furniture.the inside cardboard are popping out.this furniture is being taken care of and not abused.so I called their offices and they send me a technician. he said this furniture can not be fixed and need to be replaced.they will call you to tell you about the results!

a couple of days later,they called me and said they can not do anything about it and that is a manufacturers defect!! I said if it is,then you need to take it back and solve the issue with the manufacturer.they refused.the manufacturer said I have no reason to call them since I did not buy it from them. I know that both sides are lying and just trying not to pay for their cheap products. I have sent emails to ROOMS TO GO and told them I will be taking the furniture and throw it at their front door. what is really upsetting me is the fact that I paid $200 more,yet they refuse to give me the service. I need more info about contacting a state office about their deceptive practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 09:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-To-Go/stafford-Texas-77477/Rooms-To-Go-warranty-and-extended-warranty-is-a-waste-of-money-stafford-Texas-972975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms To Go

tellus@roomstogo.com Chad Parker Customer Relations

AUTHOR: Kommerce - (USA)

Chad Parker
Customer Relations

this Guy deserves a raise! seriously,he deserves alot of credit. took him a couple of emails and a few pictures to inform me that he is exchanging the furniture and gave me full credit. it really depends on who you deal with. the technician came to my house and acted as a doctor and lied. on the other hand,Chad was hands on and solved the problem right away. I will return the furniture on Saturday 12/22 and pick up the new one that same day. if anyone has a problem with rooms to go,just email him and i am sure he will solve it. another thanks to ripoff report website!

tellus@roomstogo.com

AUTHOR: Kommerce - (USA)

I know I went to Rooms To Go and have receipts. you can check in your system the purchase was under the name **************** .I did not buy a one year warranty. it was a three year extended warranty and I havnt had them for a year!! so they should be under the manufacturers warranty!! YET,they tell me they can not do anything about it. how convenient? now they tell me the three year warranty I bought was against stains only whereas the salesman told me at the time of purchase it would cover everything from cuts,damages due to use,the whole item for any kind of damage! what a theft!

Rooms To Go

AUTHOR: David_RTG - (USA)

Are you certain that the purchase was made at a Rooms To Go location?  I only ask as the situation sounds completely odd as Rooms To Go offers a one year warranty specifically against manufacturer

defects and we have procedures in place to handle such claims.  If so, send us an email to tellus@roomstogo.com with your order information and we can take a look at whats going on.