Complaint Review: Rooms to Go

• Updated: Wed, August 07, 2013

• Reported By: Melissa — Hanahan South Carolina
Rooms to Go
7600 Rivers Avenue North Charleston, South Carolina USA

Rooms to Go Terrible Customer Service and Broken Furniture North Charleston South Carolina

*Author of original report: broken again

*UPDATE Employee: Rooms To Go Response

I think that Rooms to Go does not care at all about their customer's satisfaction once the furniture is payed for. I have bough thousands of dollars worth of furniture in the last couple months - paid in full and every time something is broken.

The first time I bought The Dumont king size bed, two side tables, the big dresser and the mirror. The dresser's wood was completely wrecked by tape or some sort of burn. One of the side tables had a giant hole in the backing and the other one had more wood damage. My boyfriend agreed to take the back off the one with the hole and switch it with the damaged wood one so they would only have to replace the one.

That all happens and I'm not that mad because it was the first offense. So i decide to buy The Delmont 7 piece dining room table and the buffet.

One of the arm chairs, the first time, has only 3 legs.  At this point, I'm really upset because I had to miss work with the first offense for the redelivery, and I cannot believe that just for once I cannot get a smooth delivery. I call, I complain, I got some young girl who said "Welp, sometimes it happens" That was her customer service. No offer for a discount, no working with me on delivery dates, nothing!

I take off today to get the arm-chair re-delivered and wouldn't you know the chair has HALF A LEG! These are blatantly obvious problems. It is not like I am sending things back because of scratches.

I have a dinner party on Saturday for 6 people and i have 5 CHAIRS! I have spent way to much money and way to much time dealing with this unbelievably crappy service. I will non-stop post on these forums and I will definitely be reporting them to the BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2013 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-to-Go-/North-Charleston-South-Carolina/Rooms-to-Go-Terrible-Customer-Service-and-Broken-Furniture-North-Charleston-South-Caroli-1073759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms to Go

broken again

AUTHOR: Melissa - ()

i contacted tellus@roomstogo.com before I filed this Ripoff Report. Ashley said that she would put the chair on an express delivery for Thursday (8/8). I told her that I couldn't afford to miss another day of work, so she changed it to be delivered today (8/9) when my boyfriend was off. The delivery people get here today, pull the chair out and the arm is broken. This is the 4 failed-attempt at receiving a delivery from your store and the 3rd failed attempt to get this single chair. The man that delivered it said, "looks like I wasted a trip here" or something to that extent. Which is extremely unprofessional to say, and aggravating because I don't care that he "wasted a trip". i care that your company and this delivery company can't get me a small piece of furniture without having something blatantly broken on it. i wrote Ashley twice today and got a response from her this afternoon. i told her that I want the table, the chairs, and the buffet to be taken back and I want a full-refund. She said someone will set that up next week. I am extremely upset still.

Rooms To Go Response

AUTHOR: TellUsRTG - ()

We do apologize for how your experiences with Rooms To Go has gone so far. We would like to look further into this for you so we can see what we can do to better assist you. Please contact us here at TellUs@RoomsToGo.com  "Attention Ripoff Report" along with your order details so we can investigate further. Again we apologize for the issues you have had with the bedroom and dining room and look forward to hearing from you.