Complaint Review: Rooms to Go Kids

• Updated: Sun, February 16, 2014

• Reported By: NoMore — dallas Texas
Rooms to Go Kids
11540 highway 92 east seffner fl 335684 dallas, Texas USA

Rooms to Go Kids, Dangerous daybed and horrible customer service Delivered scratched furniture and the wrong pieces with the headboard not being attached to the bed dallas Texas

*Author of original report: One month of h*** and STILL not resolved

*Author of original report: Still no resolution

*Author of original report: Have sent phone numbers and pictures

*UPDATE Employee: Follow Up

We ordered the Santa Cruz double daybed and desk/hutch on January 6, 2014.  We had seen the furniture at the plano rooms  to go location.  When it was delivered on January 29th I noted on the delivery slip that there was a chip out of the bed and asked the delivery men about why the bookcase headboard was not attached to the bed.  They responded that this was the way the bed was designed.  I reported the issue that same day and was told customer service would look at a. the chip and scratch on the furniture 2. the fact that the headbaord was not attched to the bed frame 3. the bed frame was not correctly perpendicular and 4 that the slats boards delivered were too small for the frame slats.

one week later a technician came to take pictures and agree that there were many scratches and that the bed and hedboard should be attached but were not.  I was told that we would hear something within 48 hours.  It was a full week later when Maria with RTG called to tell me that everything was fine with my twin headboard which we did not purchase.  I spent 3.5 hours speaking with multiple people including Jennifer,etc..  I was continuously referred to the website photo that shows that there is NO gap between the bed and the frame.

This is dangerous.  My calls to Cynthia to request a sukpervisor were greeted with "no one is available and we can help you in 24 hours".  We have been pt on hold, hung up on and lied to.  We were finally told to contact online ordering support who tried to get me to buy a bunky board.  That has NO bearing on the fact that the bed frame and headboard are not connected which is supported byt the installation instructions and the pictures on the webiste.  THIS bed is DANGEROUS and could kill a child.  I was told a customer servi e manager would call me within 24 hours.  THAT was on February 12th and STILL no call.  There are no returns.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2014 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-to-Go-Kids/dallas-Texas/Rooms-to-Go-KidsnbspDangerous-daybed-and-horrible-customer-service-Delivered-scratched-1124041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms to Go Kids

One month of h*** and STILL not resolved

AUTHOR: NoMore - ()

After many more hours on the phone and emailing for hours, once again the Rooms to go representatives agreed they had given me the wrong be that is NOT connected to the frame.  I was assigend another order number 4771758 on Monday after I once again called them.  Delivery men showed up.  Argued that the bed is set up at ist should be and despite the scratches and damages noted on the origianl delivery slip they said this was the way it is.  They said they were going to make a call outside.  They got in the truck and left.  ROOMS TO GO IS full of incompetent lying personel.  BACK on the phone again on hold trying to resolve.  Wonder if they will give me another order number and another time frame of 4 hours for an exchange that will never happen.

NEVEY EVER BUY FROM ROOMS TO GO

Still no resolution

AUTHOR: NoMore - ()

We finally were told by April Flanigan that the setup was wrong and the correct undamaged bed would be delivered.  After strippping everything off the bed and shelves the three delivery men show up and want to fight me on the bed being damaged and wrong.  She is conveniently not answering my calls.  RIPOFF!

Have sent phone numbers and pictures

AUTHOR: NoMore - ()

Have sent both phone numbers as directed

AUTHOR: TellUsRTG - ()

I am very sorry to hear that you are having these issues concerning your child's bed. Rooms To Go takes pride and integrity in our furniture and we do not condone this at all regarding the safety of the kids using the furniture. Could you please email me the phone number associated with this account to Tellus@Roomstogo.com "Attention Ripoff Report"? I want to look into this personally and see what our options are in getting this fixed ASAP. I look forward to hearing from you soon. ~April