Complaint Review: Rooms to Go

• Reported By: Lee — Hoover Alabama
Rooms to Go
, Hoover, Alabama USA

Rooms to Go Do not purchase the extended warranty Hoover, Alabama

*Author of original report: RTG customer service

*UPDATE Employee: Contact us

*Author of original report: Extended warranty

*UPDATE Employee: Rooms To Go Response

I purchased an extended warranty after purchasing a living room set at Rooms to Go. This extra coverage costs $200. I was told that this warranty would cover almost every structural issue I may encounter with this this furniture.

After about a year of owning this furniture, seams in the sofa cushions began ripping apart and the stuffing inside the cusions was coming out. I phoned customer service at Rooms to Go only to be told that a ripped seam is not covered in the warranty.  When asked exactly what was in my warranty that I paid $200 extra dollars for, I was told that she could not discuss it with me.

Please be aware that this extended warranty is worthless and a waste of money.  Also, the quality and construction of this furniture is not good.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2013 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-to-Go/Hoover-Alabama/Rooms-to-Go-Do-not-purchase-the-extended-warranty-Hoover-Alabama-1078084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms to Go

RTG customer service

AUTHOR: Vickie - ()

Again, no response from customer service.

Please inform me as well as the readers of Rip Off Report EXACTLY what is covered in the warranty. Why aren't ripped seams considered a structural defect?

Please do not refer me to the customer sevice email to "discuss" my account. It is a waste of time since no one responded.

If you can answer my question, please do so in this forum. It's clear that I will get no answers from customer sevice.

*Prospective customers should stay far far away. The furniture in the showroom is of much higher quality than what is delivered. Shoddy leather and poor construction. Warranty is a complete waste of money.

Contact us

AUTHOR: TellUsRTG - ()

Hello again.  If you have not already, please email the TellUs@RoomsToGo.com email address with your personal information.  Until we are able to review your account, we cannot determine what options are available to you.

Extended warranty

AUTHOR: Vickie Lee - ()

Thank you for your response.

At the time of purchase, I was told that this warranty would cover ANY structural issues I may have with this furniture.  When I called customer service, I was told that the problem I had with the cushion seams were not covered under this warranty.

Since I was mislead, I feel I should be reimbursed the $200 that I paid for the extended warranty.  Would that be possible?  If not, can I return this furniture for a refund?

Also, calling your customer service department was a total waste of time.  They were absolutely no help, and when I questioned exactly what my warranty would cover, she became rude and defensive, stating she could not discuss it with me.  Really ???  Isn't that the purpose of customer service?

One final question.  The furniture in the showroom appears to be of better quality than the furniture that is actually delivered.  The leather is nowhere near the quality that was on the furniture in the showroom.  Is this another way to deceive the consumer?

Please let me know when I can expect my refund for this worthless warranty.

Rooms To Go Response

AUTHOR: TellUsRTG - ()

We apologize for the experience you are having with the extended warranty. There are two different types of warranties that are offered. The first is fabric protection, which protects against food and beverage stains. The second is for manufacture defect. We would be more than happy to discuss the warranties with you. Please contact us at TellUs@RoomsToGo.com "Attention Ripoff Report" along with your order details. We again apologize and look forward to hearing from you.