Complaint Review: Rooms to Go

Rooms to Go
7025 west colonial dr Orlando, Florida United States of America

Rooms to Go Water logged Mattress Orlando, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Rooms To Go

I  paid $860.24 for a queen platform and memory foam mattress to be delivered by RTG on Jan. 4, 2013.  The delivery boys came, assembled the platform, and asked me if I wanted to keep the plastic on the mattress.  I told them to cut it off and take it with them.  As they were gathering up the trash and running out the door, I handed them a tip and they took it gladly, telling me I had 72 hours to call with problems. I went in to sit on my new bed as the truck roared off with my old mattress set, and my jeans got soaked.  The bottom 12 inches and the top 12 inches of the mattress was soaking soggy wet with brown water stains. My landlord witnessed it, I took pictures and wrapped it in plastic so as not to damage my wooden floors or plaster walls.

I called the cell phone for truck drivers. No answer. I called corporate customer service and was told a manager would have to get back to me. [continued below]....
.....  No manager called, but the customer service rep, Jason called back and said nothing could be done until next week. I drove to the West Colonial store and spoke with Charles the salesman, who referred me to Maria the store manager, who gave me a regional number to call that kept dead ending in an  automated loop.  Maria reached the regional important man "Fred" on the store line and allowed me to speak to him, and he told me, "I don't know why you want to speak with me, I am sorry this happened, but there is nothing I can tell you or do for you, or nobody else can do anything until Monday when we can see what the delivery schedule is for the week and you need to be available ALL day."

I told him I was available all day on Jan. 5th, and he said, "It is NOT going to happen tomorrow."  Nobody had any creative solutions or offered anything other than to kick the can up a ladder of impotent and apathetic people who didn't even want to pay anybody to come get a soggy mattress out of my home. A customer service rep named "Autumn" advised me not to put a mattress cover on it because it can get moldy. Wow. AS I left the store, the salesman Charles told me, "Rooms to go Regional in Lakeland Shuts down at 3pm every friday and if the world ends, they won't know it until Monday. Good luck getting any response"

I called AMEX last night after exhausting options with RTG and they cancelled payment on the whole order until it is resolved.  I am going mattress shopping elsewhere today and am sure somebody can give me better service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rooms-to-Go/Orlando-Florida-32818/Rooms-to-Go-Water-logged-Mattress-Orlando-Florida-991742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rooms to Go

Rooms To Go

AUTHOR: David_RTG - (USA)

Im shocked to hear that something like this has happened.  This certainly is not how we expect the deliveries to take place and would like to get to the bottom of this to get this taken care of ASAP. If you can send us an email with the details along with your order information over to us at Tellus@Roomstogo.com, wed love to take a look into this for you!

salary