• Report: #206089

• Reported By:opelika Alabama
RoomsToGo
roomstogo.com Internet U.S.A.

RoomsToGo RIPOFF ONLINE AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: call the credit card division of your bank and claim wrongful charges.

I had purchased a bed from rooms to go online as a birthday gift for my wife which she now does Not have. Immediately following my purchase online my credit card was charged and I recieved confirmation and a delivery date.

The following day I recieved an e-mail during the middle of the day while I was at work which said I had a little over 3 hours to respond or I would have to reschedule. When I actually got the e-mail that evening it was too late and according to customer service(not a good title for these people) it would be two weeks later. I immediately asked to speak with a manager and was told there was no one in charge there for the rest of the day.

I was told that the problem was my shipping address was different from my billing address. I was supposed to clear this with my credit company first before they could do anything. Apparantly anything but going ahead and charging my card as they did immediately. I then asked for a refund immediately and was told they could not do this. I would have to wait for a manager or supervisor that was Not on duty. Once I spoke with one the following day and after a strong e-mail she said she would credit my account.

She then sent me an e-mail with a confirmation # stating that it was credited. I waited the weekend and then checked with my bank and found out that it was not. I again called and was told I would have to take that up with my bank. After speaking with a regional bank manager he informed me that they can read any activity that occurs on my account immediately. He also informed me that my card had not been swiped or entered to show any refund or credit at all. Once I called rooms to go back the same manager then told me that they were not responsible. I AM SORRY BUT WHO IS THEN I ASKED BECAUSE IT IS YOUR COMPANYS' NAME ON MY ACCOUNT THAT TOOK THE MONEY OUT? Again she said "you need to check with your bank".

It took rooms to go only 30 minutes to withdraw my money and now it has been 4 days and they can't seem to refund my account and I now do not have the gift for my wife.

William
opelika, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2006 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RoomsToGo/internet/RoomsToGo-RIPOFF-ONLINE-AND-HORRIBLE-CUSTOMER-SUPPORT-Internet-206089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RoomsToGo

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

call the credit card division of your bank and claim wrongful charges.

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

William, call the credit card division of your bank and claim wrongful charges. They should reverse that for you. I don't know a whole lot about the internet division of RTG, but it sounds like the same crap I'd hear the store managers telling their customers. Unless you actually saw it, why would you purchase an item like that over the internet in the first place? I hope your issue is resolved. If not, please see recent email addresses or call 813 623-5400 ext 3331. Thats Janet Gerows direct #. She's in "human" resources. Thats what they call it, anyway.Good Luck