Complaint Review: Roomstays.com

• Submitted: Fri, February 22, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 22, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Saint Paul Minnesota United States of America
Roomstays.com

Roomstays.com Travres Charged in dollars instead of Mexican pesos - about 10 times cost Internet

I reserved a room at the Mendoza hotel in Guadalajara.  Many offers on the web for about $60.  One of the offers was for $520 or so pesos.  I made that booking.  My credit card was charged in dollars.  I called Travres, the name and number on my credit card to report the exchange rate error.  The phone number 877 283 5585, off the bat,  gives a whole of of options to select from - a wide variety of billing problems.  When I had an agent on the line she told me the charge was correct and that as they were a US company, the charge was in dollars.  I pointed out the most expensive room in that hotel is around $100, she answered, you clicked so you owe the money.  When I asked for the agent for her name, the address of the company or the name of the supervisor, I was told that the line was bad ans she could not hear what I was asking.   I then contacted Roomstays.com which had sent us an email confirming the room.  I was initially told the currency issue would be investigated.  Then no further communication.  Upon re-emailing Roomstays customer service, I was told Roomstays was a US company and the bill was in dollars. I pointed out that the hotel did not have any room in that range and that it was clearly a mistake.  I was told hotels are more expensive a Christmas and we had a nice room.  8 times more expensive?

a rip off taking advantage of the similarity between the 2 currency symbols.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roomstayscom/internet/Roomstayscom-Travres-Charged-in-dollars-instead-of-Mexican-pesos-about-10-times-cost-In-1018623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roomstays.com