Complaint Review: Roomstore HRS

• Submitted: Mon, April 07, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, April 07, 2003

• Reported By:Stafford Virginia
Roomstore HRS
www.roomstore.com Fredericksburg, Virginia U.S.A.

Roomstore HRS Billing Errors Are Intentional And Difficult to Resolve-Class Action Lawsuit Should be filed Fredericksburg Virginia

My husband and I purchased some bedroom and living room furniture from the Roomstore in Fredericksburg, VA. We opted for the no interest for 12 months deal available when using a Roomstore credit card (handled through HRS). The store employees were friendly and professional.

Our problems didn't begin until the final payment was due. We paid our account in full two weeks prior to the end of the no interest period to avoid paying finance charges. I thought we would receive a statement saying we had a zero balance, instead we received a statement charging an additional $2600 to our account. We immediately called HRS, the billing company, and they said they couldn't help us, call the Roomstore. We called the Roomstore and they said to call HRS. After getting the run around, my husband went to the Fredericksburg Roomstore and spoke to the manager. He was visibly upset. Fortunately, she eventually rectified the situation and our credit report was not effected.

My sister had the same problem with the Roomstore, and it took so long for HRS to fix the problem that it negatively affected her credit report. When it happened to her, I thought it was just a mistake. When it happened to me a year later, I began to get suspicious. After doing some research on the Internet, I discovered that this has happened to too many people to be an innocent mistake. I believe the Roomstore and HRS are deliberately sending out false statements and should be investigated and sued. If you buy from the Roomstore, DO NOT USE THEIR FINANCING!!

Don't let it happen to you
Stafford, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2003 02:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roomstore-HRS/Fredericksburg-Virginia/Roomstore-HRS-Billing-Errors-Are-Intentional-And-Difficult-to-Resolve-Class-Action-Lawsuit-51843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roomstore HRS