Complaint Review: Roomstore furniture

• Reported By: ms t — raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Roomstore furniture
Nationwide United States of America

Roomstore furniture roomstore, furniture, bed, headboard, Internet, Nationwide

I purchased a headboard for my 7-year-old daughter in June 2010.  As I disassembled the pieces, I realized that a leg to the headboard was missing.  I immediately contact customer service who mentioned that it would be shipped and ready in a month which would have been July.  Patiently, I waited but after a month and no contact from the company, I contacted them again.  This time the customer service reps insisted on calling me back as they attempted to contact the vendor for the piece.  After three reps not returning my call, I called back to speak to a member of management.  The woman also suggested that she would give me a call back as she attempted to contact the vender.  I relayed to her my reluctance due to the history of their reps to not return phone calls.  She insisted that she would return my call by the close of the business day.

Unsurprisingly, she did not return my call as I called her numerous times after this day to inquire about the status of the needed piece.  After the third day, I finally spoke with her and she stated that the furniture would not be available until September 2010.  Of course, frustrated, I asked her about any compensation, return fees, or even getting the missing piece from the showroom floor being that my daughter needed the component for her bed.  The manager was aggressive in tone and rude as she blatantly said "there is nothing I can do, you will just have to wait."  My question to her was, "did I wait to give you my money for the furniture?".  She kept repeating the same thing and then making up different reasons on why I couldn't get my money back.  Its now Septemeber and now they state that it will ship in October.  The service was terrible and the claim that prices are cut and not corners are beyond false and in fact this claim should be illegal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2010 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roomstore-furniture/nationwide/Roomstore-furniture-roomstore-furniture-bed-headboard-Internet-Nationwide-637925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roomstore furniture