Complaint Review: Roomstore

• Submitted: Mon, February 24, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, February 24, 2003

• Reported By:Harrisburg Pennsylvania
Roomstore
Pauline Drive York, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Roomstore the ripoff business that doesnt give a dam York Pennsylvania

I ordered furniture for my son's room--it was a whole bedroom set. I went there because it looked like quality furniture for reasonable prices. However, what I got was damaged furniture at high prices.

When they arrived the first time with the furniture. Every single piece was damaged. The dresser had a broken brace in between the bottom two drawers. The headboard and footboard had very large cracks in them that they stapled together. The captain's bed drawers were broken. The nightstand had a drawer that would not open. The mattress was dirty. The delivery people wanted me to accept it and have a technician come and repair or replace it. I refused, and made them take it all back. When I called to reschedule the delivery, they were rude and made me wait another month for another delivery. It would have been longer, but I let them know I was upset.

When they came the second time, the nightstand still had a drawer that would not open. The bedrails did not fit properly. I questioned them about this and they swore that was how it was supposed to be. I let them deliver this because I had waited so long already. When I called to get a technician out to do the repairs, I was met with a lot of resistance.

After a multitude of phone calls to try and get a technician out, my patience wore thin and I demanded that someone come out. Two days later they finally told me someone would be out in several days. The technician repaired the nightstand, but was not able to repair the bedrails (he did not have the tools).

As a single mom, I paid almost a thousand dollars for furniture that I don't feel was worth the money that I paid.

Rhonda
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2003 10:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roomstore/York-Pennsylvania-17404/Roomstore-the-ripoff-business-that-doesnt-give-a-dam-York-Pennsylvania-46827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roomstore