Complaint Review: Roomstore,Retail Services Aka Household

• Submitted: Sat, April 09, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, November 15, 2005

• Reported By:Rockledge Florida
Roomstore,Retail Services Aka Household
P.O. Box 5238 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Retail Services Aka Household, Roomstore, ripoff, received payment in full and never credited my account, had to pay this twice, to avoid interest Carol Stream Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Learned from a mistake

*Consumer Comment: I don't think the responder has anything to do with the company.

*Consumer Comment: Oscar, do you have a brain injury?????

*Author of original report: What idiot do they use to reply to these complaints?

*Consumer Suggestion: Not quite sure what you mean

*Author of original report: They hired attorney

*Consumer Comment: Something strange here... don't trust relatives to pay your bills.

Purchased bedroom furniture May of 2003 on the no interest no payments till 2005 plan.

They kept billing me for that amount for over a year.

Oscar
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2005 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RoomstoreRetail-Services-Aka-Household/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197-5238/Retail-Services-Aka-Household-Roomstore-ripoff-received-payment-in-full-and-never-credi-138188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roomstore,Retail Services Aka Household

Learned from a mistake

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough for Oscar to understand.

1. I pay most of my bills on-line. In the unlikely event of an error, I always print a copy of the confirmation number of the transaction.

2. I've had a payment mis-applied, but working through the bank and payee, I was able to get the transaction reversed with little problem.

3. I have an ex-wife that said she was making payments on a bill, but somehow, the bill didn't get paid. (She's my ex-wife...)

4. If Oscar has proof of fraud by either the Roomstore or Household Retail Service, then get with an attorney and hit 'em where it hurts. Believe it or not, Oscar, if you're legitimate, I'm rooting for you!

5. I won't resort to name calling, since I'm sure that Oscar is frustrated with his situation, and that's the only way he knows how to respond.

6. I'm done, so adios' and (as I said before) good luck!

I don't think the responder has anything to do with the company.

AUTHOR: Leticia - (U.S.A.)

If he did why not put the response under the employee, or owner of the company response?

Why would they put it through the Consumer Comment thing.

Did you think that maybe, he had those points for you because he had a relative who didn't pay a bill for them?

If your sister's lawyer has all of the infomation then that's great. (I'm also pretty sure that the other account number holder, was happy to see a nice surprise in their account and did not report it and when asked about it, lied.)

Oscar, do you have a brain injury?????

AUTHOR: Lauri - (U.S.A.)

Oscar, for someone who is a sucessful businessman, you certainly haven't mastered the art of reading/comprehension.

The respondent to your original report NEVER admitted, alluded or in any way, shape or form alleged to be with either the RoomStore or with Household Finance.

If you thought this site would get you a direct response from Household, then you MUST have fallen down and bumped your head!

What idiot do they use to reply to these complaints?

AUTHOR: Oscar - (U.S.A.)

First of all it was a payment made online from a bank while I sat there and helped. The bank paid the money but one digit was typed wrong on the account number when we typed in the payment. I called and your company said they would return the payment which was not credited to my account, they never did. She tried to stop payment but the bank said you had already received it. After months of me trying to get the payment back and numerous out right lies from your representatives my sister said she would handle it.
My sister happens to be a multimillionaire business woman who does not have the time to argue with idiots so she turned it over to her attorney..... You have been lying to him for months. But you sorry jerks will now have to pay penalties i.e. court and attorney costs. When all you had to do is credit the payment to the correct account instead you chose to STEAL it..... Liars and now Theives....DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Not quite sure what you mean

Oscar,

You state "they hired an attorney"... Who??

You further state "they hired an attorney who you should be well familiar with by now" Why should I be familiar with them??

By the way... which is it?
"Oscar Richmond, Virginia
U.S.A."

or "Oscar - Rockledge, Florida
U.S.A."

As I said before, if the payment that your sister said she made went from her online account to Household Retail Services, there must be some documentation or proof from either her bank, or the online account. If she's got that documentation, GO GET 'EM. If not... it's still fishy.

Finally, you say "all your comments are just a bogus as your business practices." If this is directed at me, I'll kindly ask you to refrain from saying anything about me. What I did was just remark on your post, and could care less about either company.

Good luck to you if your claim is legit.

They hired attorney

AUTHOR: Oscar - (U.S.A.)

they hired an attorney who you should be well familiar with by now,to deal with this matter and all your comments are just a bogus as your business practices.

Something strange here... don't trust relatives to pay your bills.

Oscar:

You state that "I had my sister who had an online payment account pay this for me in November 2004, over a year early. They claimed they never received the payment even though it was an online bank transaction. "

1. You must have some proof that the transaction went through, from your sister's bank, or a confirmation print out from the time she allegedly made the payment.

You also state that "We discovered that the account number to pay this was wrong and informed Roomstore by phone and letter. They said they always send payments back if incorrect account number is used. They never sent the payment of $3,348.11."

2. Your credit account is with Household Retail Services, not with the RoomStore. The payment was supposedly made to Household Retail Services. Why weren't you in communication with them?

You further state that "I tried everything to get them to either credit my account or send the payment back and they were always deceitful in their responses. I ended up having to pay this twice in order to avoid huge interest and also a bad mark on my perfect credit. I still have not received a final statement showing it paid.

They have stopped billing me but I am out and extra $3,348.11 I am a former business owner and have never seen such out and out fraud commited. Do not do business with Either Roomstore or Houshold aka Retail Services."

3. I don't believe that a former business owner would shell out an extra $3348.11, if it had been paid in the first place. I hate to say this, but it doesn't sound as if your sister has been completely up front with you. Billing errors can happen, but can usually be traced and corrected. It doesn't appear that she ever paid the bill, otherwise, she could have protested it with her bank, and there would have been further evidence that something was amiss. Your comments of fraud are pretty strong without having better evidence.

If you feel your sister is being up front, get some proof from her bank of the transaction in November of 2004, and you'll have some recourse. If not, don't trust relatives to pay your bills.