Complaint Review: Rosetta Bailey DBA of Bailey's Ragdolls

• Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: Kozar's Mommy — Pensacola Florida
Rosetta Bailey DBA of Bailey's Ragdolls
Lawrenceville, Georgia USA

Rosetta Bailey DBA of Bailey's Ragdolls sold me a kitten that had the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) genetic disease. Lawrenceville Georgia

In May 2012, we bought a beautiful, healthy, perfect kitten from Rosetta Bailey. We signed the appropriate contracts, guaranteeing my new kitten's health for one year. We named him Kozar and immediately feel in love with our new furbaby.

Kozar went to all of his regular vet checkups and always passed with flying colors. People would ohh and aw every time they had the pleasure of coming into his presence. He sure was a handsome boy, he fit into our family the way a pet should. He was the love of my life.

On December 28th 2013 I took Kozar to the vet because he had been acting lethargic for a day or so, and I wanted to make sure he was ok. I was sure he was fine, but just wanted the reassurance from my veterinarian. Unfortunately, Kozar was not fine. He had a heart murmur and needed further tests. We had X-Ray's, blood tests, and an EKG. We found out that Kozar had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (his heart was enlarged and the tissue was thickening.) To confirm this and find a treatment we had some more blood tests to rule out hyper-tension and hyperthyroidism, and both of those were negative. We also had an ultrasound where the cardiologist said the heart was about 2 sizes too big, and we could give him aspirin to try and help his heart pump blood, but that would only do so much, and while some cats can live long, normal lives with this disease, most do not. We were told by our veterinarian, and the cardiologist that the disease is genetic. Rosetta Bailey sold us this cat, who we grew to love. I believe the only reason she offers a one year warranty on his health instead of a longer one is because she knew that this kind of disease is very common in the Ragdoll Breed, that her cats have it, or has had it in the past, and knew it would take longer than a year for us to find out.

On February 4, 2014 after finding Kozar paralyzed in his back legs and rushing him the emergency room, we found out he had a blood clot in a major vessel, and there was nothing that could be done except say goodbye to our 22 month old, furbaby boy who had made his way into our hearts and souls. We were, and still are devastated about losing our love. When we called Rosetta to tell her what happened, she told us we were bad people for putting Kozar down. But she wasn't there. She didn't have to watch his little chest struggling to get air in his lungs, and fight to pump his heart. She wasn't there to see him lying on the floor unable to move because his legs were paralyzed. She wasn't there to hear, for the first time, a heartbreaking meow from the little mouth that only used to bring lovely, happy sounds. She wasn't there to see the frightened look in my baby's face, and to watch him put his head down and close his eyes in defeat. She didn't have to pay the $1300.00 dollars in vet bills. She did not love him, or raise him, or nurture him. We did. We had to do all of that, and in the end, we had to love him enough to let him go.

I do not want a penny from Rosetta, and I certainly do not want another cat from her. She should not be allowed to breed another cat again. This might be a business to her, but she is killing animals, and making sure her "health guarantee" runs out before anything can actually develop. If you are considering adopting or purchasing a Ragdoll I encourage you to do so. Kozar was the best animal I have ever come to known. But he was a baby when he died, and I do not wish the pain I am dealing with now on anyone.

I'm sure that she will be writing a rebuttal to this, but before she does, let's revisit the facts:

There was a 1 year health guarantee;

He died when he was 22 months old;

HCM is a genetic disease;

Rosetta claims his parents do not have the HCM gene;

He died at 22 months old from HCM;

She will also point out she is TICA registered, which may be true, but...;

My cat who wasn't even two years old, is dead.

Please do not support Rosetta Bailey's Ragdoll Cattery, Bailey's Ragdoll's, because my 22 month old cat is dead from HCM, and it could happen to yours if you choose her.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rosetta-Bailey-DBA-of-Baileys-Ragdolls/Lawrenceville-Georgia/Rosetta-Bailey-DBA-of-Baileys-Ragdolls-sold-me-a-kitten-that-had-the-Hypertrophic-Cardio-1121321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rosetta Bailey DBA of Bailey's Ragdolls