rank

Complaint Review: Roto Punch

• Submitted: Sat, July 07, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Comstock Farm — Blacskburg South Carolina U.S.A.
Roto Punch
300 Returns Rd Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

Roto Punch Automated Order System that keeps adding "offers", no matter how many times you decline, then charges you the maximum. Wallingford, Connecticut

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Roto Punch

This is a "late night TV" advertising company. They sell hole punchers for leather. The order system is totally automated. It is not possible to speak to a "live person". The minute you press "one" to order, you are at a point of no-return.
From there, the system will ask you - then ask you again - and then beg you to add another hole puncher. You press "no", but it ignores you. This goes on infinitely. I lost count of the number of times it asked me if I was "sure I did not want to order an additional hole punch for only the cost of shipping and handling", and the number of times I pressed NO.
I received the order today. I ordered one hole-punch. I received 3, plus 3 screw-driver sets, never mentioned. The total with shipping should have been $17.98. The total was $85.70.  No shipping invoice was included. I got the amount charged from my bank.

I did an online search, and finally found their website. After about 30 minutes of digging, I finally found a telephone number. I got a recording saying call back, since all lines are busy. I have done so for the last 5 hours.
Since I am the type of person who will dig-in and fight till the death, I will get my money back. I just wanted to make all late night TV watchers to know:
BEWARE OF THE "ROTO PUNCH" COMMERCIAL. DO NOT CALL THEM

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2012 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roto-Punch/Wallingford-Connecticut-06493/Roto-Punch-Automated-Order-System-that-keeps-adding-offers-no-matter-how-many-times-yo-908213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roto Punch

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Roto Punch

AUTHOR: Mike Harmon - (United States of America)

We were watching the History channel in our community, channel 207 from our lisiting channels. We seen the roto punch for 9.99 or get  2 for 19.99 and thats all I wanted to order. I ended up recieving a screw driver set, and one medicine holder. I did not order that all i wanted was the roto punch. I finally found out that I had all this extra things by looking at our bank account. It came to a grand total of 65.80.

I think that this was a big rip off. If you are planning to order this watch out cause they may do the same thing to you. I will never order nothing from this company again.