Complaint Review: Rottins4ever

Rottins4ever
troy, Alabama United States of America

Rottins4ever Rottin cattery Sold feral cats as house cats troy, Alabama

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Never sold a feral cat

*Consumer Comment: All animals can become feral even after being tamed

First off shame on me for ever sending a deposit without seeing merchandise.  Rottins talks a good game. Told me my two kitties were in the house friendly etc. I have not been able to touch either one and will probably end up having to dispose of them as there is nothing that can be done with them. I suspect they are feral cats that had been trapped and kept in cages. It has been a month and can not touch either one. One cat actually attacked me and bit thru my finger. I am not an inexperienced cat handler as I have a bobcat and a jungle cat AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.  There are other reports on this site as to the integrity of rottins and other problems with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2013 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rottins4ever/troy-Alabama-/Rottins4ever-Rottin-cattery-Sold-feral-cats-as-house-cats-troy-Alabama-1027633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rottins4ever

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Never sold a feral cat

AUTHOR: Lovely - ()

This man is the liar I have never sold a feral cat in 8 yrs of breeding.  This man took my cats at 7am in the morning and put them in the back of his truck...no not in the cab where it was warm but in the bed of the truck when it was only 40 degrees outside and left them in a crate for over 19 hrs while he drove around picking up trailers for his business.

I told this man they are very shy when you first get to know them.  I explained to him several times that it may take him a while for them to warm up to him and his family and be friendly.  I also explained to him that these cats werent cuddly cats they loved to be petted but didnt so much like to be held and cuddled.  He said he was an experienced cat handler & was used to dealing with hybrid cats & he reassured me that he could handle these cats .  I would never have let them go if I would have known he was an inexperienced cat breeder that had no business dealing with cats.  This man is horrible to say he was just going to dispose of them like they arent even an animal just something you throw away.  These cats and kittens are my babies and my life.  I would never sell a feral cat to any family.  All of my cats and kittens are raised with my 2 children, other cats and my dogs.  Thank you for hearing my side.

All animals can become feral even after being tamed

AUTHOR: Pazsion - ()

The way you speak about your animals suggests that you should not be careing for ANY animals at all. Please find a rescue to rehome all of your animals.

Just because an animal is friendly toward another, doesn't mean they will be friendly towards you.
Never buy an animal you have not already spent time with. If you are not willing to take the time to train and teach your animals. Don't get any.

A bobcat is illegal to own as a pet. as it is endangered. It should be given to a rehabilitation center that will eventually return it to nature, or give it a good home, that is closer to their natural habitat. And the person you bought it from, should be reported to the authorities.