Complaint Review: Rottweiler Rescue of SE Michigan

• Updated: Sat, March 02, 2013

• Reported By: John Smith — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Rottweiler Rescue of SE Michigan
2457 Hempstead Road Auburn Hills, Michigan United States of America

Rottweiler Rescue of SE Michigan Rottweiler Rescue of South Eastern Michigan Clueless Rottweiler Rescue Auburn Hills, Michigan

Really terrible rescue!

I work in a shelter in Pittsburgh, PA, and I drove a one and a half year old Rottweiler all the way to Toledo because Toni Hetherington said that she would take him. She met me at a pet store and tried to roll the dog on his back. Since he wouldn't let her, and quick turned to warn her, she wouldn't take him. I could have told her that he would do this without driving to Toledo, in fact I told her beforehand, during the many conversations we had about the dog over the telephone, that he didn't like this sort of behavior coming from a complete stranger. After this happened, and I told her that I was unsatisfied with her ridiculous behavior test, she stormed out of the pet store.

I can't imagine that anyone can take the Rottweiler Rescue of SouthEast Michigan seriously, since the owner and operator performs her behavior tests while sitting on the floor of a Pet Supplies Plus. Anyone who has ever performed a behavior test would at least sit on a chair with a firm grip on the dog; in case the dog doesn't like what you are doing.

Also she promised me $100 adoption fee, and said that she would pay my mileage for the trip (500 miles). Also I make $10 dollars an hour, and we rescued this dog from an animal control facility which doesn't have adoption services.

I thought that she would have better ability to find this great dog a home; but I will keep him at my house until I can find a suitable adopter.

Adopt from a real rescue! Don't work with this geriatric baby!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2013 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rottweiler-Rescue-of-SE-Michigan/Auburn-Hills-Michigan-48326/Rottweiler-Rescue-of-SE-Michigan-Rottweiler-Rescue-of-South-Eastern-Michigan-Clueless-Rott-1022671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rottweiler Rescue of SE Michigan