Complaint Review: Round Point Mortgage

• Submitted: Sun, April 21, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, April 21, 2013

• Reported By: Brian — San Pedro California
Round Point Mortgage
5032 Parkway Plaza Blvd Charlotte, North Carolina 28217 Internet United States of America

Round Point Mortgage Round Point Mortgage unethical loan servicing practices Charlotte, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I am a Person who feels that everybody needs to know the truth so watch this video

I refinanced my home through Round Point Mortgage about 16 months ago. During that period I have routinely included additional principal payments. The additional principal is clearly marked on their payment statement stub. Over a half dozen times they have "mistakenly" either assumed this was an early house payment, considered the entire payment additional principal and charged a late fee. The policy seems to be that additional interest is assumed even though clearly marked on the payment stub and check. I even tried sending separate checks with a post-it note stapled to the check marked additional principal in addition to clearly marking the extra principal amount in the designated section of their payment coupon. I am not quite sure that their staff could actually be completely ignorant or illiterate. It amazed me the wasted resources they spend in sending the late payment notices, calling to inquire about the "late payment" and the time spent on the phone with us and their management to correct the misapplication of our payments. We have never been late with a payment, early perhaps, but their incompetence is  so consistent, I can only think it is a policy to maximize profits through late fees or excessive interest charges. I even asked them on the phone why anyone would want to pay the interest charge early when the coupon is marked additional principal, even the manager was trying to persuade us that it is common for customers to pay additional interest? I would not be surprised to see a class action case against this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Round-Point-Mortgage/internet/Round-Point-Mortgage-Round-Point-Mortgage-unethical-loan-servicing-practices-Charlotte-I-1045030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Round Point Mortgage