lying

• Updated: Thu, January 12, 2012

• Reported By: Hector — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Route 66 Extended Warranty

Route 66 Extended Warranty a BAD investment!!! Internet

Boy am I glad I found this website. I am FURIOUS that I got Route 66 Extended warranty service!!! I bought it thinking I would be ok of my car broke down some time. I knew it was good insurance when I most needed it. I own a 2006 Monte Carlo with only 50,000 miles and take EXCELLENT care of it. So last week it began to leak anti-freeze and it overheated on me twice. So I call Route 66 and speak to a claims adjuster who tells me that they will cover the leak and to take it to any shop I decide to go to. So I make the genius move of going to the Chevy dealer, since I won't be paying out of pocket. I prep my car to go, by filling the radiator with coolant and all is well. The dealer is only 6 miles away so I know I'll make it. I drive 4 miles, eyeballing the temp guage the whole way. As soon as the needle is below the red, I pull over and let the fan cool off the engine. I wait 30 minutes and start her up, no problem. The needle is below the halfway mark and I drive off. TWO BLOCKS from the dealer, the car completely shuts off. I get it towed to the dealer, they look it over and it turns out the engine gaskets blew because of the overheating. They call Route and they deny the claim because I drove negligent! They said I knew there was a chance the car would overheat and blow the engine and I drove it anyway! I am NOT a mechanic. How the hell am I supposed to know that would happen? I told the guy that I never got to the red hash mark on the guage and he says "gauges don't always work, the engine was already overheated" WHAT??? I told him I don't calibrate gauges I stopped when I knew there was a risk of overheating. He told me that the last two times the engine overheated, I knew it had that problem and I drove anyway, therefore I was negligent. I'm a grown a$$ man and I bawled my eyes out. I have no money at all and I need that car to work. So I'm in a world of hurt thanks to Route 66. With no way to get my car back and no way to get around. I'm beyond screwed and they don't care. The guy I spoke to claimed to be the manager and didn't care when I told him I was going to cancel the plan. I asked him how to go about canceling my plan and his answer was just to look on the website and figure it out. The website is so vague it does not help at all. So now what, Route 66??? Where are you when I REALLY need you???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2012 12:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Route-66-Extended-Warranty/internet/Route-66-Extended-Warranty-a-BAD-investment-Internet-821540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Route 66 Extended Warranty