Complaint Review: Route 66 Modern Classics

• Updated: Sat, December 14, 2013

• Reported By: pacorodriguezjr — Venice California
Route 66 Modern Classics
4161 Lincoln Blvd Mariona Del Rey, California USA

Route 66 Modern Classics Tried to convince me to perform unnecessary repairs Mariona Del Rey California

The rear wheel on my Vespa Et4 was loose because the nut that held the wheel onto the axle had come loose. I took it in to them for them to take a look at. When I arrived, the owner told me that it was a sewrious matter and started to explain that my wheel was bent and that I needed a new wheel. The mechanic took the wheel off and then came upo to me and told me that the axle needed to be replaced adn that the service would be around $800.00!! I told him that I did not have that kind of money and that i would have to continiue to drive with it in that shape. The mechanic put the wheel back on and tightened the nut which fixed the whole problem. When I asked him why it was fixed with just the tightening of the nut on the axle, he said that it would come loose agian. To this day it has not come loose. I took it to an authorized Vespa repair center, and they put a new nut on which they said would fix the problem.

Route 66 tried to scare me intoa repair that was not needed. Do not take your scooter to them for anything, they will rip you off like they tried to do to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2013 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Route-66-Modern-Classics/Mariona-Del-Rey-California-90292/Route-66-Modern-Classics-Tried-to-convince-me-to-perform-unnecessary-repairs-Mariona-Del-1107049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Route 66 Modern Classics