Complaint Review: Rowdy Williams Law Firm

• Updated: Fri, June 21, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Terre Haute Indiana
Rowdy Williams Law Firm
1117 wabash ave Terre Haute, Indiana USA

Rowdy Williams Law Firm Accepted my down payment and let me go to jail for 30 days and then told me they couldnt help me. Terre Haute Indiana

*Consumer Comment: What a load of crap

I had to leave my home due to going through a ten year marriage that turned very mentally abusive over his alcohol and addictions. Went to CODA cause he moved to his mothers house prior to this so i could keep me and my boys mentally stable and in school and seeking counseling for these issues. While in process of this my exhusband made a courtdate in sullivan county,in in superior court and lied to the judge to get my children from me.Being in CODA i was never served with paperwork about this courtdate they say i missed twice. So when i became aware of this situation in divorce court in Terre Haute when i met residency that he filed in Sullivan. I was told that jurisdiction lied in Sullivan Superior court even though he resided in Greene county with his mother since feburary of 2010.

Im a diabled mother of two due to going through an arson fire in 2001,having lost my son and niece in that fire while trying to get them out.I live on a fixed income and still made ends meet for my children without any help from their father. I left CODA and rented a house in Terre Haute on south 17th street. Children were in school and we were recieving counseling in school as well as getting prepared to start counseling through hamilton center for our well being through this divorce. I wanted stability for my children and I as their mom that their father couldn't interfere with. We were doing really well and i still met in public places for our children to see him cause they didnt understand why they couldnt see daddy. only for short periods where no fighting could occur or him trying to take my children in a drunken rage or anything.They had their own bedrooms and so did i. No cps was involved or anything.

I was told to appear in court Dec.15th,2011, just ten days before christmas so i did and could not afford counsel so i went anyway. Without any investigations or anything the judge ordered for me to give my children to their father at 4pm that day.

I then was just heartbroken cause i know the abuse we had been through but he had a lawyer and i didnt. So then in February of 2011 hired Rowdy Williams Law Firm with the help of my mother and made a down payment and started making payments in order to go through divorce and regain my custody of my children. I was appointed Matthew Dailey from the lawfirm.He was keeping my children away from me because he said it was because of a past history of a friend. not a child molester/ sex offender just a friend who i met and our children went to church together(also friends with the mother of this child). This friend and I were not living together.

However,somehow it was held against me in court for some reason and he kept my children from me for five weeks pror to final courtdate in Sept 2012 and nothing was done about that and because they say my children said they seen my friend i was in contempt of court and went to jail for 30 days. in that time i did not hear from my attorney nor did they file an appeal on the decisions or anything.

Upon my release from sullivan county jail Oct 2012 i was allowed visitations for five weeks on saturdays 10am-5pm with supervision of my mother. I contacted Matthew Dailey and we spoke in his office and we were looking forward to going back to court in Dec2012. However,i went to contact Mr.Dailey again only to find out he was no longer at this firm. I then asked to speak to Rowdy Williams himself and he would not speak to me at all.

I was not notified prior to Matthew Dailey leaving his office nor would anyone in that firm willing to listen to me and defend me. their father is a prior drug felon and has tried multiple times to commit suicide and no one wants to listen.I feel like if they did this to a mom like me then they would do this to anyone. After paying them 3,500.00 in payments when it should've only been around that and no more than 5,000. The lawfirm is trying to collect a remainder of 10,442.00. That is ridiculous and i dont feel anyone should be treated in that manner of disrespect.

Im still going back to court to fight for my children. im just praying for good to come of this for the sake of my children. I don't have much money and am trying to find pro-bono services in indiana.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rowdy-Williams-Law-Firm/Terre-Haute-Indiana-47802/Rowdy-Williams-Law-Firm-Accepted-my-down-payment-and-let-me-go-to-jail-for-30-days-and-t-1061023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rowdy Williams Law Firm

What a load of crap

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

First off you have no grasp of the English language so try again.  Second you went to jail for contempt of court - what did you do to piss off the Judge that much than you had to go to jail.  Good luck finding anyone to take your case.  Your report makes not an ounce of sense and you have not proven your case.

modest