Complaint Review: Roy Parks

• Submitted: Thu, February 04, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, October 06, 2012

• Reported By: Meg — Dearborn Heights Michigan United States of America
Roy Parks

Roy Parks Roy Parks is a liar and a cheat. The only thing he works hard at is getting money for zero services. Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: if you want to resolve it the right way

*Consumer Comment: Big Rip off yes by internet

*Consumer Comment: Roy paid our judgment - we found evidence too

*Consumer Comment: I also agree with filer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: It would be relevant if this was my name

*Consumer Comment: Concur with Filer

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Mary Galea is a compulsive liar - will be sued for defamation, tortious interfernce, and extortion

*Consumer Comment: Your not alone - our court judgment was never paid

The stories I have read in the Rip Off reports against Roy Clark sound all too familiar. Two years ago when my daughter was getting married he used the same schemes, pay all money up front and I will give you a discount. Screaming and swearing tirades on the phone. He never showed up to photograph my daughter's wedding instead he sent a replacement that was incompetent. Two and a half years later and my daughter has maybe 25% of the photos that were taken. He tried to change the terms of the contract, even tried to get her to sign a new contract with different terms. DO NOT do business with this man, you will get nothing in return for your money which I am sure that you work hard for. Roy....he works hard too...at getting paid for ripping people off. You will not see your photos or your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2010 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roy-Parks/internet/Roy-Parks-Roy-Parks-is-a-liar-and-a-cheat-The-only-thing-he-works-hard-at-is-getting-mon-564697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roy Parks

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

if you want to resolve it the right way

AUTHOR: Real Man - ()

These women Megan and Melissa refused to resolve the contract dispute with me in court and refused to cooperate with me a few years ago after the wedding was over. Another photographer did all the pictures and gave them the the disc with rights to make prints. I was the owner of the company and was too busy to do the photos myself and sent another photographer Al Miller from the Troy, MI area and he may not have had the festive outgoing personality and style I had but he showed up and did the work as promised to my company even though he was threatened and yelled at by several of the bridal party and family that day.

He stayed and did all the work and took as many pictures as possible. I did feel awful for her daughter that I could not be there to do the photography myself but another bride asked me to help with her wedding because her photographer was very rude and would not return her phone calls that week. So I helped a different bride last minute as it was an emergency and sent Mr Miller to take pictures for this wedding.

If anyone has a judgment at 52-1 district court you can reach me at this e-mail royhparks867 at g mail and we can settle these matters the right way in person. If you already received payment in the last 5 years for court judgments and that is all but one person that posted a ripoff report on this website - and you refused to sign a certificate of satisfied judgment at the courthouse please know that I am going to file a petition on every small claims case in the next 30 days and schedule a court hearing with a judge so that each of those cases be closed with that certificate even if you refuse to sign it yourself because you are angry and only want to harm my reputation and slaughter my legal name on the web. Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

Big Rip off yes by internet

AUTHOR: tracy - (United States of America)

I need help with this case trying to get alot of information on him to provide the courts and take him to criminal court because he have done this to more than one couple its sad Mr. Roy has take  our money never showed up to take photos for my wedding im so angrey because i dont have the money to give away i have children, Mr. roy needs to understand you cant go around taking people money and not doing any work. he said we breaced our coontract how is that when you have more than half of my money we had to pay out more money the week of our wedding to find someone to do our photos a bride should not have to indore this the week of her wedding or anytime..........RIP OFF ROY

Roy paid our judgment - we found evidence too

AUTHOR: Lisa - (USA)

We fact-checked with numerous sources including lawyers the represented Roy Hartley Parks III and the judges the ruled on those felony cases in 1997 and they involved only his father. The judge and prosecuting attorney sentenced Mr Parks to 90 days SAI boot camp program and 2 years probation. In 2003 the assault again involved one his family but he was only given 2 years probation because several of the witnesses statements were embellished and the victim testified in court as to the events that happened. Every case was confidential so we got permission from his family to speak to the parties involved.

We had a small claims judgmet with Sapphire Photography and Roy Hartley Parks III but we came to an understanding and agreed to report on here it was resolved.

We had a small claims judgment for $800.00 that was never paid. In summer 2007 we hired Sapphire Photography to do our wedding pictures and he sent another person because he was requested to do another wedding on short notice. But the person he sent was not very creative and my bridesmaids had to suggest shots several times outdoors after the ceremony so it was not as enjoyable or fun as it would've been if Roy was doing the service. I hired Roy when I was a bridesmaid at another weddding because I liked his photography style and the pictures were fantastic. So I booked him that night and it was a not right that he sent another person so I wanted all my money back and took him to small claims court end of 2007. I found these Ripoff Reports so I thought maybe this would help get the judgment paid. It worked, he paid the judgment last month.

If you have court judgments that were never paid in the past 3 years don't worry - Roy is willing to pay any judgment with just a few conditions. First you have to sign a binding agreement to accept the money in 3 installments and file a satisfaction of judgment at the court you filed after the installments are paid. The last condition is that you post a rebuttal on this website or update on the website you created your report or review under his name or business name that he paying your judgment and the situation is in the process of being resolved. You meet wth his attorney and sign a binding agreement to accept the conditions and payments.

We are not the only persons with a judgment at 52-1 district court so I understand that not every customer will find this report but to those of you that find it, please take my advice - take the above steps and get it resolved.

I also agree with filer

AUTHOR: RoyParksIsACrook - (United States of America)

Yep, he got us too in 2006.  Same story in that we won our court case against him yet he never paid out a single dime.  For a little historical perspective, Roy Hartley Parks III does have several felony convictions in Michigan for assault and financial fraud.  He used to be in the MDOC database but has since had it removed.  It is all public record though if you do contact MDOC.  He provided the same promises but delivered horrible quality in both photography and video.  He is a crook that appears to still be at it.  He also threatened us with suits claiming slander and interference but our lawyers laughed it off.  We are fortunate enough to have two in the family.  One is actually a judge now. :)  Either way, he never followed through on any of his promises or threats.  He does not have the slightest clue as to what customer service or personal responsibility contain.  Please do not use him for your own sake.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

It would be relevant if this was my name

AUTHOR: Roy - (USA)

Anonymous consumer that link would be relevant but my name is not Roy James Parks and I never lived in West Virgina.

Never had a West Virgina Court of Appeals case filed in my name. Of course you would know that by looking at the names listed on the documents and fact-checking those court records by contacting the source to verify the identity of the person(s) responsible for those actions. I've lived in Michigan my entire life and that business was not established until the year 2005 at the 6th Circuit Court. What happened in 1997 in Oakland County had nothing to do with my business.

Concur with Filer

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

Here is a published, public record related to this individual that reflects Roy Parks blemished history.

In addition, here are additional Oakland County Court Records: 1997-155460-FH 1997-155461-FH 1997-155462-FH 1997-155471-FH

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Roy - (USA)

On June 28 2006, Melissa Galea signed a contract with my business for wedding photography. The wedding was to be held on September 8, 2007 and she elected to pay the entire balance up front for a 50% discount. They gave me a check for $725.00 to secure this date for photography services. The first week of September 2007 a bride requested me for photography so another photographer I worked with previously with many years of experience was sent to photograph Melissa's wedding. They called later that day very angry and used profanity even though I explained it was allowed by the contract the business had a legal right to send any photographer that was available with enough experience to get the job done right.

This contract was never canceled but they wanted a full refund while Al Miller was providing services at this wedding. Mary and Melissa Galea harassed me for several weeks and posted false accusations, embellished statements, and misleading information with the intent to harm my reputation and frighten brides away from my business. Previously they posted malicious reviews on various websites and last week she posted this ripoff report because she thinks by doing that it will resolve a dispute from nearly 3 years ago. They never went to court but rather insisted on making threats and extortion to get all the money back.

She wants you to think the photographer kept 75% of the wedding photos and that we stole her money. Well the truth is they were not happy with 75% of the wedding photos and we never canceled this contract. We don't render services and refund the purchase amount to customers when the job is done theft is not justified even if the person you expect to photograph your wedding is not there but another person is sent to render the exact same service you paid for. We had legal and contractual rights to keep that money for the services rendered. The photographer gave them every RAW image on DVD. This lady is a compulsive liar and I have proof.

They will sued for libel, defamation, extortion, and tortious interference with business expectancy. We hired undercover agents to collect evidence of defamatory postings and sent copies to a lawyer because we are preparing civil suits against any person(s) that post defamatory reports or reviews over the web.

She cost my company thousands in damages and court fees because the postings caused fear and paranoia among other brides that were looking at my photography business for those weddings. We've lost so much in the past 2 years and the reputation is beyond repair even though we had 20 brides last year and they all posted great reviews. I will be taking legal actions against these people, what they've done is unforgivable.

Do not work for these people - they could ruin your personal or business reputation, erase many years of hard work, cost you several thousand in damages, and force you to pay hefty court fees on civil suits or small claims cases if they get pissed for any reason. Its not worth the risk, they cannot be trusted. Don't loan them money or provide them with any type of professional service, and don't give them too much information.

Your not alone - our court judgment was never paid

AUTHOR: Lisa - (United States of America)

We signed a photography contract with Sapphire Photography for our summer 2007 wedding and recv'd 50% discount because we paid up front. He sent another guy to shoot our wedding and we took him to small claims court because he promised he would do all the work himself and I was not happy with the style or personality of the photographer he sent. He told me he was overbooked and had to shoot a much bigger wedding on short notice. Its been 2 years since we took him to court and he never paid the judgment - the court officer we hired to investigate and seize any of Roy's personal or business assets told us he was broke and had no property in his name. We recently were told Sapphire Photography was closed end of 2009 and that Roy plans to file chapter 7 bankruptcy this year.

Meg of Dearborn Heights - it shows your report but no contact info. Please contact me (((ROR redacted))) so we can talk about this. Anybody that had problems with Roy Parks III or Sapphire Photography please let me know. Maybe we could work together and investigate this person to get our judgments paid or find a way to get a resolution even if its been 2 or more years.