Complaint Review: Royal Abstract of N/LLC

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Vernon — Blue Ridge Texas
Royal Abstract of N/LLC
500 5th Ave. Suite 1540 New York, New York United States of America

Royal Abstract of N/LLC Sender's name-David Gilbert Sent a cashier's check with excess money. Cash check at ATM and send them the excess. My bank checked and verified the cashier's check was invalid New York New York

*UPDATE Employee: Royal Abstract of New York was the victim of a fraudulent scheme.

This person sent me a cashier's check for a mirror advertised on Craig's list for $350.00. The check he sent was for $2880.00. I was to take the check to an ATM, cash it keep my $350.00 and $50.00 extra. I was to send the remainder to his shipper via Western Union.

I took the check to my bank who checked and determined that the cashier's check was invalid.

If I had went to an ATM and cashed the check, I would have been stuck for the entire amount.

The cashier's check was written on Mission Federal Credit Union of San Diego, CA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Abstract-of-NLLC/New-York-New-York-10110/Royal-Abstract-of-NLLC-Senders-name-David-Gilbert-Sent-a-cashiers-check-with-excess-mo-1046156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Abstract of N/LLC

Royal Abstract of New York was the victim of a fraudulent scheme.

AUTHOR: David - ()

In response to the Ripoff Report written against Royal Abstract of New York, please be advised that Royal Abstract was actually a victim of a fraudulent scheme.  Royal Abstract's Federal Express account was stolen and hacked online.  The people who stole our account information used it to send fraudulent checks all around the country to scam victims such as the person who wrote the Ripoff Report.  Royal Abstract did NOT send these bad checks to anyone and they were not sent from our office.

Many other victims of the scam who received checks in a Fedex package actually looked up our information and called our office to find out why they had received a check from us.  Upon receiving those calls, we explained to the callers that we did not send them a check and that they were victims of a fraud. We suggested to them that they should not deposit the checks and should contact their local authorities to report the crime.

Since this occurance we have established new accounts for our shipping and have reported the problem to the fraud unit at Federal Express, which is investigating the entire matter. Royal Abstract of New York is a reputable company that has been in business for over 67 years. The intention of this rebuttal is to set the record straight.