interference

• Updated: Sun, September 19, 2010

• Reported By: Mike Mueller — Poulsbo Washington United States of America
Royal Administration Services
51 Mill Street Hanover, Massachusetts United States of America

Royal Administration Services US Auto Warranty Extended Auto Warranty worthless Hanover, Massachusetts

I purchased a "Royal New OEM Exclusionary Coverage" policy for my 2006 Dodge Ram pickup through US Auto Warranty in October of 2008. I paid $4254 for this policy believing that it would cover the  total cost of major repairs (less the $100 deductable). I was mistaken. Apparently the word "exclusionary" in the plan name is the operative word.

In August of 2010 the bearings in my differential failed and the differential needed to be rebuilt to the tune of $1900. I took my truck to a local Dodge dealer who then filed a claim with Royal. Royal required the dealer to disassemble thye differential for inspection by their representative (for which we waited 3 days). After the inspection Royal said that they would pay $800 toward the repair. This did not even cover the cost of the parts. I reviewed the rather vague contract. The parts to be replaced were covered and there was no mention of limitations on repair costs. My only recourse is arbitration which will cost me even more money that I do not have.

The service manager told me that this was not the first experience of this type they have had with Royal.

There are ads all over the internet touting Royal's coverage as "top-of-the-line". In my opinion, Royal is lying to it's customers. Their coverage is a sham. If I could afford the attorney fees, I would go after them.

Do not make the same mistake I did. Do your homework before purchasing an extended warranty of any kind.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2010 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Administration-Services/Hanover-Massachusetts-02339/Royal-Administration-Services-US-Auto-Warranty-Extended-Auto-Warranty-worthless-Hanover-M-642141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Administration Services