Complaint Review: Royal American Financial

• Submitted: Fri, November 14, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 14, 2008

• Reported By:Ashtabula Ohio
Royal American Financial
www.royalamericanfs.com Mefinee, California U.S.A.

Royal American Financial Possible Identity Theft, Bank and Loan Fraud - Total scam - be very careful Mefinee California

I was contacted on my cell phone by Mike Desilva, also could be going by Curtis Robinson - but these may not even be real names, informing me I was approved for a 5,000 loan.

The catch was if I could not get a co-applicant, I would need to make an insurance investment of $900.00.

I went to the website and verified the bbb and address listing was correct. I had no inkling that the person had ripped off the real Royal American Financial Advisors website, BBB rating, address and broker licenses.

I later found out that all these licenses were expired and really applied to the Financial Advisors.

I did not send the money - what really tipped me off was that Desilva wanted me to go to a specific western union and then changed his mind to make it a moneygram. And then he wanted me to go to a specific Moneygram location and send it to Curtis Robinson in St. Catharines, Ontario.

Please watch this - I know I am not the only one because I have been in contact with Royal American Financial Advisors and they alerted me that there have been at least 4 others.

Desilva appears to change his name and toll free number each time he attempts to scam. I do have that information if anyone needs it.

The shame is I thought this was legitimate. The BBB rating is what swayed me and I gave him my SS# and DL# because of the credit check.

Now this guy has that information and my bank information. I DID close my account and opened a new one.

I am now going through the steps for Identity Theft.

Karen
Ashtabula, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2008 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-American-Financial/Mefinee-California/Royal-American-Financial-Possible-Identity-Theft-Bank-and-Loan-Fraud-Total-scam-be-ve-391242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal American Financial