Complaint Review: Royal Camera And Video

• Submitted: Mon, September 13, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, September 13, 2004

• Reported By:Rocky Hill Connecticut
Royal Camera And Video
www.royalcamera.com Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Royal Camera And Video misleading and a ripoff Brooklyn New York

I ordered a Canon GL-2 camera. First their amazing price was a grey market camera. The US model was 500 more. I also bought the 5 year warrantee for $299. And that was all.

I haven't received it yet and noticed my credit card had been charged for over $2700 dollars. Although not ordered, they added a high capacity battery and charger. In addition when I called back, I asked how much was for shipping from NY to CT. They told me it was 6% of the order. While that part was my own fault for not asking when I ordered, the amount is absurd.

Adding something I didn't order, however, is absurd and a clear ripoff when I made it very very clear, I didn't want the plethora of accessories the salesman was promoting. Also, they did not offer the information that the price advertised was for a grey market camera and did not include the accessories that come with the USA version.

I plan on challenging the unordered part with my credit card company and returning the extra battery and charger (A battery and charger is included in the USA version according to Canon.)

Even had they not pulled this ripoff of adding something I didn't order, their ridiulously high shipping costs are enough to never use this company again.

Rocky Hill, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2004 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Camera-And-Video/Brooklyn-New-York/Royal-Camera-And-Video-misleading-and-a-ripoff-Brooklyn-New-York-108079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Camera And Video